"Backdating" points on a new SSR contract???

MARCIAKAZ

Proud to be called Disney Geek by my kids!
When discussing a possible SSR purchase, my guide mentioned something about "backdating" my use year which would be like doubling my points. Has anyone else done that? Can you explain how that works? :wizard:

It's nothing revolutionary, IMO. Chances are they are offering you a February or March Use Year. You'd get the 2005 points now, and get your 2006 set in just another 7 or 8 months.

Sounds like they're trying to put a new twist on the practice. But, AFAIK, they've always given current year points to folks who buy in the middle of a Use Year.

Thanks, tjkraz! Ohhh....ok, that makes sense. That brings another question...do you normally get to choose your use year or is it normally aligned with your date of purchase? :earsgirl:

If it is the same as your month of purchase, it's pure coincidence.

Most people don't seem to really care about their Use Year. The only real value in one month over another comes if you ALWAYS vacation in the same time of year. Having a UY right before your typical travel period gives you the most flexibility in terms of banking points if you have cancel on short notice.

Most times DVC will offer one or two different Use Years to new buyers, and I doubt many folks even give it serious consideration. If you think that one UY would work better for you than any others, you could always try to request a specific month and see what sort of response you get. :sunny:

I just purchased additional points on the offer which just expired. In return for taking a $5 dollar members discount instead of $8 I got 2004 and 2005 ponts (my use year is December) All other contions of the offer remain the same i.e. the bonus one use 100 points etc

I am confused on this. What if you purchase in Dec. for a June use year. (paid for it in Dec. 04 and told your use yr was June) wouldn't you have the points when you purchased (Dec 04) or do you have to wait till June '05 to get points?

jiggerj said:
I am confused on this. What if you purchase in Dec. for a June use year. (paid for it in Dec. 04 and told your use yr was June) wouldn't you have the points when you purchased (Dec 04) or do you have to wait till June '05 to get points?

USUALLY you would get points immediately. If you purchase a contract with a June UY in Dec '04, you would get the 2004 points with the contract (which are good 6/1/04 to 5/31/05). Then you'd get the next set of points in June '05.

For the past year or so most SSR buyers did not get points immediately as noted above because DVD was still constructing the buildings these folks were buying-into. But that's not the case anymore. Far as I know, anyone who buys now--either SSR or one of the older resorts--should receive points immediately.

Add on contracts from Disney always carry the same use year as the first contract irrespective of when they are bought. If you buy in June you get a full years points but on pay dues on a pro-rata basis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter