Bad Lyricist Tooneric Tribute

idratherbeinwdw

<br><font face="comic sans MS" color=violet>I'll n
To the tune (Toon?) of City of New Orleans:

Flying to the City of New Orleans
Work seminar, bound to be a bore,
Wait there's something great to look forward to
My Toon friend's there, can't wait to shake his paw.

Up he drives to my hotel, I sprint into his car
Hand a lime green Mickey head to Toon,
He laughs and points to his name badge
"Hi My Name is Hanname"
It's the bestest day I spent by far this June!

Singing, Good Evening Tooner man how are ya?
Do you like my fishnets and my groovy boots?
Curlers in my hair are e-lectronic
Let's talk about our Disney World Pursuits!

Now that is a classic! Very clever! I like the sound of Tooner man :rotfl: I am deeply honored. I'm printing it and hanging it on my wall...on second thought, they don't know that I'm a Toon here. So far the makeup's fooled them.

I think you've outdone me at my own game. So I feel compelled to counter in this Battle of the Bad Poets. Can you guess the Toon, uhm, tune?

wdwiswhereidratherbe

WDW is where I'd rather be.
Resort livin' is the life for me.
Parks spreadin' out so far and wide,
Keep Universal, just give me a Fast Pass Ride.

Boardwalk is where I'd rather stay.
I just love watching Off Kilter play!
I just adore a kilt, don't you?
Darling I love you but please do not block my view!

Da-duh, duh-da da, Da Da!

ah - classic Americana tv fodder

You know what strikes me as really funny is that show could somewhat represent DVC owners in general. One loves the city life, the other the more relaxed country life. MIddle ground for everyone! :teeth:

lllovell said:
No fair posting while I am typing! :badpc:
I waited to the absolute last moment too, right before you were about to hit "submit"..these little spy cameras do come in handy.

Rash said:
I waited to the absolute last moment too, right before you were about to hit "submit"..these little spy cameras do come in handy.

I am still trying to decide if this is good or bad. :smooth:

lllovell said:
:earseek: I was wrong too then!

Okay, it really is Green Acres, but if you've ever heard Pinkard & Bowden's song, "Jimmy and Eddie", you'd see that they both work. If not, open you're favorite beverage, turn on your black light, dust off you're Jimmy Hendrix album, play "Purple Haze" and sing the "Green Acres" lyrics along with it.

Tooneric said:
Okay, it really is Green Acres, but if you've ever heard Pinkard & Bowden's song, "Jimmy and Eddie", you'd see that they both work. If not, open you're favorite beverage, turn on your black light, dust off you're Jimmy Hendrix album, play "Purple Haze" and sing the "Green Acres" lyrics along with it.
And when your done, call your buddies over for a week long game of Dungeons and Dragons.

Rash said:
And when your done, call your buddies over for a week long game of Dungeons and Dragons.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Is this BEFORE or AFTER we try lining up Dark Side of the Moon to The Wizard of Oz?

Loved the Green Acres parody Tooner! (I wrote a song to that tune in the Hanname thread, but I'm too lazy to go through the over 900 posts to find it).

I'm also too tired at the moment to come up with anything competitive, so I'll let you wear the "worst lyricist" hat tonight. But come tomorrow, look out!
Going to go turn on my Wizard of Oz DVD and cue up DSOTM.

You guys are pure genius! Why didn't I think of this sooner!

"If I Only had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz and "Brain Damage" from Dark Side of the Moon. Put them together and what do you have?

"If I only had Brain Damage". :upsidedow (I know what you're thinking. Don't say it!)

I could while away the hours, Conferring with the flowers, Consulting with the rain.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon, And if there is no room upon the hill.
And my head I'd be a-scratchin' While my thoughts were busy hatchin',
If I only had a brain.
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Gotta go cue up my turn table...

Tooneric said:
"If I Only had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz and "Brain Damage" from Dark Side of the Moon. Put them together and what do you have?

"If I only had Brain Damage". :upsidedow (I know what you're thinking. Don't say it!)

I could while away the hours, Conferring with the flowers, Consulting with the rain.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon, And if there is no room upon the hill.
And my head I'd be a-scratchin' While my thoughts were busy hatchin',
If I only had a brain.
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Amazing , you've outdone yourself this time! Huge round of applause! :banana: :cheer2: :thewave: :rockband: :music:

WOW!!! I can't hold a candle to you two...

How about a lime green bic lighter?

*swaying to the music - lighter held high*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter