Bank ATM charges

Colin Q

Earning My Ears
I am going to WDW for the first time in two weeks. I was thinking of taking some dollars in cash and then using bank ATMs and credit cards. Does anyone know what the charges are for using bank ATMs? Any other advice on taking money would be welcome?

I have done this the last few times we have been, although I use my Switch card to withdraw the cash rather than a credit card. The charge for using Switch is usually $1 or $2, depending on which ATM you use.

Interestingly, I have just withdrawn some cash on my credit card at a US ATM whilst on business last week and looking at my statement I don't appear to have been charged anything for doing it? The dollar amount was $100 and they have debited my card with £70.55 at a rate of 1.4174.

Must investigate further.............

The cash machines at Publix supermarkets don't charge a fee but otherwise it's 1$ or $2 as JohnW says.

Don't forget you card company usually charge a percentage to get your money - 1.5% upwards.

Hi Colin

When you use your VISA card abroad there is a charge called a loading charge. The rate varies from company to company, but the NATIONWIDE'S rate is 0%(this i know because DH got one before we went in easter)

hope this helps
luv Audrey
xxxxxxxxx
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Dont believe everything you read on the screen.
I used my Halifax current account card (Cirrus/Maestro) recently in ATM's and also swiped it in WalMart / Big K Mart etc.

The ATM's will tell you theres a fee of $1.50, but when ive returned home, they have used a 1:1 ratio on every one of these transactions and charged me £1.50.

The swines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter