Bay Lake Towers announcement

suzycute

DIS Veteran
From the main DVC board it seems like DVC are announcing the BLT resort at the Contemporary today - along with Treehouse villas at SSR.

Anyone this side of the Atlantic interested? (I know I am but not sure how I can persuade DH!)

I got sent this... I know DH wanted to add-on here so I'll talk to him tonight! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I had the e-mail myself and have just watched the video - very exiting - straight off the monorail to MK, excellent.

David

i would LOVE to add on...
Either the tree houses or contemporary or both :)

I would LOVE to add on at BLT but I think I have a lot of persuading to do. :sad2:

I am interested in these especially when dbf fell in love with Disney when we was there and so it will now be much easier to convince him.

We want to buy BLT- it is the only DVC DH is interested in. Unfortunatley timing is not good for us as we just don't have the spare cash to be able to do it at the moment.

Hopefully it won't sell out too quickly ;)

Dad and I talked about it tonight and I have just e-mailed our guide to say we are interested in buying. It will mean us cutting down on our holidays though.

Hi

I got the email with the link to BLTs looks interesting although that woman is annoying.

However I've not heard anything at all about the tree house villas at SSR.

Are those the ones that used to be connected to the Disney Institute?

We are SSR owners - does that mean we could book them 11 month out or are they different?

Thanks

Just had a look at the photos of he rooms and we don't like the look of them. Trying too hard to be "Contemporary" and also too dark - we're not fans of browns or yellows in the home.

David

I'm not interested in adding on at BLT and don't expect to want to try to book there for more than a couple of nights now and again, maybe. I can see the appeal of being able to walk to MK, but I think the boat ride from VWL is pretty simple, and I much prefer VWL to the Contemporary - just more to my personal taste.

The tree house villas, however, have always been on my wish list :) We won't be looking to add on, but might want to try to book one one day - although it seems likely they'll be tricky (if not impossible!) to get without the home-resort booking advantage.

I just love any extra flexibility with DVC!

Hi

I got the email with the link to BLTs looks interesting although that woman is annoying.

However I've not heard anything at all about the tree house villas at SSR.

Are those the ones that used to be connected to the Disney Institute?

We are SSR owners - does that mean we could book them 11 month out or are they different?

Thanks

The old Treehouse villas have been completely torn down and brand new ones are being built in their place. They are located approximately halfway between SSR and OKW, but are on the SSR side of the waterway.

They will be a separate booking category for SSR and SSR owners will have the 11-month priority booking window.

The old Treehouse villas have been completely torn down and brand new ones are being built in their place. They are located approximately halfway between SSR and OKW, but are on the SSR side of the waterway.

They will be a separate booking category for SSR and SSR owners will have the 11-month priority booking window.

Thankyou

Looks Like I'll be able to book 11 month out then :thumbsup2

Now when you say tree house villas I imagine you have to climb a ladder to get in :lmao: - Will be very interested to see what they look like.;)

This will give you an idea of what the Treehouse Villas will look like.

They've done a great job with the Bay Lake Tower website. It provides a much better feel for what to expect than the video managed.

I have had a look at the website and it does look better than on the YouTube video however it is still not my kind of thing - its looks to 'urban city living' for my taste, and reminds me of the buildings going up in Manchester at an astounding rate.

I went to look at the units yesterday and apart from a kooky bedspread they look much better in real life, there are some very nice finishes and space saving ideas.

I love the location and for me, that's what sold the resort. We are now the proud owners of some BLT points :dance3:

I went to look at the units yesterday and apart from a kooky bedspread they look much better in real life, there are some very nice finishes and space saving ideas.

I love the location and for me, that's what sold the resort. We are now the proud owners of some BLT points :dance3:

Oooh congratulations, Jakki! :cool1: We still can't decide whether to get any...

congratulations on buying your points. I think the units do look very nice, just not my style with the modern living theme.

I like the fact that they've shaken things up a bit, rather than follow the same old format. The different layout for the kitchenette/wash basins has allowed them to fit more into that area (I particularly like the pull-out floor to ceiling shelving). And have you seen the size of the balcony? I acknowledge that some interior space seems to have been sacrificed to allow for that, but it almost looks as though the room flows into the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter