BCV DVC very disappointed

edenlee

Mouseketeer
Just got back from BCV and have to say very dispapointed this year. This was our third trip. We had to refuse 3 rooms before we were offered anything suitable. We are three adults and a child and stay in a studio which has always been adequate before. We stayed for 19 nights and were offered a ground floor room with patio which would not have been safe for our child; two handicapped rooms which had huge bathrooms but no wardrobe space at all (remember 4 people - 19 nights!!!:sad2: ).

The front desk staff told us that they had no information about wardrobe space in rooms and only had a very poor diagram. We felt it was impossible for them to allocate correct rooms for guests needs without adequate information. We asked a DVC manager about this and pointed out that maybe it was a training issue. No one seemed particularly bothered.:mad:

Also, there were two cupborad doors hanging off and a damaged towel rail in the room we eventually accepted - I think they eventually wore us down.

How disappointing it all was and it really spoilt what should have been our exciting "moving back home" day.

During the course of our stay we noticied that there were broken loo doors on site, dirty floor in the loos, no loo roll, very off hand staff and a general air of "don't care"

It made us quite sad :guilty: as we love our Disney home but are now considering selling our points.:sad2:

How very disappointing.

Did you report the faults you found in your room and if so, did they come to fix them for you?

we had isuses with a hadicaped room at BCV.same again wardrobe is way to ianadicate for cloths.even iorn in the way.hot water set to a low temp so no scoldind.and no plug in sink(so it wont over fill)so had to shave in a kids bucket.and no seperate sink outside bathroom
Dont get me wrong i`am glad they have handicaped rooms but they should be normal rooms weith extra facilities for them.rather than a normal room altered
And when will they learn that a lazzy river dosnt have to be 8 foot deap,even i strugguled in it
Paulh

Pootle: No - we had a handy swiss army knif with a screwdriver on it and fixed them ourselves!!!!! it just seemed so much easier after all the hastle

Don't get me wrong - we love Disney and our DVC home it's just that this time we didn't feel as looked after and valuable as we have on other occasions!

We stayed at BCV in a 2 bed in January this year and we were extremely disappointed - it looked very tatty in comparison with the 2 bed we'd come from at SSR. Luckily we were only staying there for ease of access to Epcot and for just 3 nights before heading off elsewhere for a further two weeks. We pretty much felt the same during stays at BWV.

Sorry to hear about your room difficulties! I have heard of others with issues in the handicapped rooms, and I now make it a point to ask at check in if the room I am assigned is handicapped or not.

Especially since you were there for 19 nights, it would be uncomfortable to have accomodations that were not suitable for your family.

Before selling off your points, why don't you try one of the other DVC resorts if you haven't already? AKV are new and you may find them to perhaps meet your expectations more. I love BCV but they are at the age now where some things do need replacing and may be showing signs of wear.

Always a good idea to ring up Housekeeping to report anything that needs repair in the room. Hopefully it helps them keep on top of things!

Our experiences at BCV have been that it shows wear more than the other resorts. Don't quite know why -- probably a combination of factors.

However, any repairs we needed were quickly taken care of.

we are staying at the BCV for our first time next month
will let you know whats it like

we are staying at the BCV for our first time next month
will let you know whats it like

Thanks - I will be very interested to find out.

We have a reservation at BWV our home resort but considering changing it to BCV at the 7month window, just for a change.

we visited the studio of friends at BCV a couple of weeks ago while staying at OKW - we'd been thinking of trying it some time but, now, - no way.

the elevator was dirty, popcorn everywhere - for a long time, no checks by anyone
the elevator creaked like the tower of terror
the carpet in the studio was streaked with white marks
the ceiling fan squeaked

Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.

This is one of the reasons why we never bought into DVC, isn't this why all the owners pay maintainence costs?

We rented points in 2006 at Boardwalk and whilst we enjoyed the location were staggered how tatty the room was.
Most of the furniture was in need of replacement, the curtains were dirty, the coffee table only had 3 legs *well it had 4 but was virtually unusable if you put something heavy like a feather on it* and there were broken wine glasses next to the sink as we first walked in the room. The carpet wouldn't have been good enough for my garage!

Frankly for the money you can get far superior accomodation off-site.
It's just the location that gives the DVC resort the edge.

The fact of the matter is some of the rooms at the older resorts are not in the same league as the newer one's like SSR.
Disney have to realise people pay a lot of money to stay at their resorts.
To actually book direct for some of these deluxe resorts its around $450 per night I think at certain times of the year, sorry but they need to do better, that's a lot of money.

We have stayed two or three times at BCV and it is the only DVC resort that has consistently disappointed us. The last stay the room was incredibly noisy all day and night from (we assumed) the plumbing in the building. We won't be staying there again.

I agree that some of the other DVC rooms are not in as good a condition as they might be. While they are a home from resort I am surprised at how badly some people must treat them when they stay given the results we sometimes witness.

I understand what you mean, I wasn't specifically directing my comments at your post - it was merely an opinion based upon the OP's 'dissapointment at the standard of the room'.
We genuinely considered joining DVC but have since changed our minds, for various reasons.

If I remember rightly it cost us around $1000 for the 3 nights, as it was in 'peak season' or at least one of the higher price times of the year - irrespective of whether I own or not I hoped the room would be nice, and we were dissapointed in the standard of it.
For £200 approx. per night I expect the curtains to be clean, maybe we were just unlucky. Glad you had no such problems and hope that we do not at at the Polynesian next year.

My sensitivity just comes purely down to the fact that DVC owner or not, for the prices charged we should get quality accomodation and it just wasn't.

It's nice you had some good experiences, our only one didn't live up to our expectations.

We let our friends have a two bed villa at BCV the last fortnight, and they came back yesterday saying it was fabulous.

Certainly we've never had a problem...............but we've not been for 3 years either.

We just returned from a week at AKL in a savannah view room and then a week at BCV, kindly provided by my Dad's DVC membership.

BCV is my parents' 'home' and they love it, particularly for it's proximity to Epcot. We loved it the first time we stayed there three years ago, but this time it was a disappointment.

Of the three rooms on our reservation, only ours wasn't ready when we checked in at 12. At some point, they offered us a room on the ground floor which we declined as my Dad had wanted us all to be in close proximity (initially all the rooms were to be on the 2nd floor) and we didn't fancy the lack of privacy on the ground floor.

Finally, sometime after 4pm, we were told our room was ready only to find it hadn't been touched by a cleaner since the previous occupants checked out. It was a filthy mess with rubbish piled everywhere, unmade beds, etc. Reception apologised, but then told us our only alternative was the previously offered ground floor room and if we wanted to change rooms the next day we could come back to the desk first thing in the morning and they would sort it.

The ground floor room was a handicapped room and it was in bad shape. The AC was incredibly noisy, the toilet was coming loose from the wall and the refrigerator was falling apart, amongst other things. I went back to the desk the next morning and - after a lot of discussion amongst the people on the desk as no notes had been put on my account as promised - was told a room had been allocated on the second floor, but wouldn't be ready for us to move to until the afternoon, and to come back and see the manager then for keys to be cut.

I went back in the afternoon and the manager wasn't available and still no notes had been left on my account. So it was another 25 minutes of explanation and standing around while all sorts of whispered conversations took place behind the desk. The new room was OK, but I would have really liked BCV staff to take the initiative to sort it the next day, rather than having to go back to the desk several times and explain each time what the situation was. I intend to write a letter to BC management about this.

I felt the service and the room at AKL was far superior to that of BCV and certainly BCV didn't provide the customer care expected from a DVC property.

Sorry you were disappointed - but it seems that your requests for "suitability" - not having a ground floor, and then not having a disabled room - both fell into the "requests" category and not so much as "guarantees"? I think you may have been fortunate that they ended up assigning you to a room that you considered suitable without charging you for a room change after so many attempts, since your requests were not anything that fell into the guaranteed category.

Well, we certainly had a very different experience to others who've posted here.

Just put up Part 6 of Trip Report Here with pics for our first day at BCV.

I think I am going to save this thread in my Favourites so I can refer to it everytime I read one of the "I stayed offsite ONCE and NEVER AGAIN" threads. Just goes to show that maintenance issues happen everywhere!

Regarding BCV...I suspect that the studios see more action at this resort than any of the others due to the appeal of Stormalong Bay to families. I think that is why they seem to have so much trouble keeping up with maintenance and general cleanliness. I don't hear too many complaints like these towards the other DVC resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter