BCV DVC very disappointed

Our studio at BCV in August was perfect. In fact our room was ready when we checked in after breakfast at Cape May and we went straight to our room. Workmen were just leaving our room where they had been touching up chips on the skirting boards.

We can't wait to stay there again next August :banana:

Caron

Judging by the photos on Shaun's trip report, the rooms seem to have been given a freshen up since we were there in January. Although ostensibly the same as the two bed we stayed in, the paintwork looks cleaner and the bedspreads appear to have been replaced.

Well liked promised we are justed back from 6 nights at the BCV and had a ball
we stayed in a 1 bedroom for the first time
will be hard to go back to a studio again
Our room was great very clean , with everything in working order . All the CM were very friendly to us
The bell person told us that they were starting to do up the rooms the beginning of this month
We got our room request too asked for a pool view which was great because I could watch the boys from the room

BCV is my favourite DVC resort
only have to try the BWV now

Well liked promised we are justed back from 6 nights at the BCV and had a ball
we stayed in a 1 bedroom for the first time
will be hard to go back to a studio again
Our room was great very clean , with everything in working order . All the CM were very friendly to us
The bell person told us that they were starting to do up the rooms the beginning of this month
We got our room request too asked for a pool view which was great because I could watch the boys from the room

BCV is my favourite DVC resort
only have to try the BWV now
Sounds good, Jackie! Thanks for posting. :thumbsup2 I spent a week in a 1 bed at BWV at half-term and loved it! Hoping to try BCV next September...

With this thread in mind, I took some photos of our studio at BWV during our November stay. It really didn't matter that much to us as we were overjoyed that the waitlist came through for the IF&WF part of our trip, but I would have been less happy if I hadn't known we'd be moving on to Royal Pacific and then to SSR (both of which were immaculate).

Every item of furniture was chipped or worn. Here is one example:

DSC00741.jpg

The finial was missing from one end of the curtain pole, as was part of the toilet roll holder (rendering it useless for holding toilet rolls!). Also, check out the filth in the corner by the toilet. Yeuch!:

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

Worst of all was the bathroom, which really quite disgusted me. Attempts had been made to cover mould which had formed on the grout and around the edge of the bath, but the repairs looked old and had started to fail. The tiles were also liberally splashed with paint:

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

Patches of mould were all over the walls and ceiling, too.

DSC00738.jpg

And the last few show good old-fashioned muck, which is totally unavoidable and in my opinion, therefore, totally unnacceptable:

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

I'm assuming these rooms are due for complete refurbishment in line with the rooms at the Inn and they certainly need it.

The stories and photos in this thread are shocking. These really do need to be raised with senior management at DVC.

The way timeshare works is that the real money to be made by the timeshare company isn't from the upfront sales value - its from the annual maintenance fees payable for the next 40+ years. This dwarfs the actual upfront cost. These fees are massive and give plenty of scope for the properties to be maintained to an exceptionally high level - which is what is required and demanded. If you assume that average dues are say £500 per room, for 52 weeks a year that's £26,000 to spend on maintenance per room. This includes cleaning and general upkeep. The fact that other DVC resorts are well maintained appears to show that the management team at BCV are simply boosting their profitability (and individual bonuses?) by skimping on maintenance and up-keep. Ultimately however this damages the whole brand. Personally I would complain to senior management and seek compensation for the accomodation provided not being Deluxe in any accepted sense.

Whilst I do have an issue with the condition of some of the DVC rooms we've stayed in, there are some major inaccuracies in your assumptions. The individual management teams (associations) of each resort are non-profit making companies. They have to spend every penny of our dues on maintenance (of the entire resort, not just the rooms), taxes, etc. Maintenance, cleaning and the like at all the DVC resorts is contracted out by these associations to DVCMC (Disney Vacation Club Management Company). The amount which DVCMC can charge for its services is also capped in some way.

Just like rooms in a hotel, the standard of a room at any given resort has a direct correlation to its stage in the refurbishment cycle. The new resorts haven't yet reached the tired stage, but they will in time.

The new resorts haven't yet reached the tired stage, but they will in time.

I've only stayed at two DVC resorts, BWV and OKW. The former was disgusting. Your photos could have been ours. But OKW, although the oldest resort, was immaculate. Even the time we stayed in a room which was showing signs of age, it was very clean. As important to me was the look of the grounds. Again OKW was spotless while BWV was like walking around Stockton town centre at times. (The same cigarette packet was on the communal stairs for our entire stay!)

I always assumed though that the same management company dealt with the maintenance for all the DVC resorts, but if as you say that's not the case then that may explain things a bit.

With this thread in mind, I took some photos of our studio at BWV during our November stay. It really didn't matter that much to us as we were overjoyed that the waitlist came through for the IF&WF part of our trip, but I would have been less happy if I hadn't known we'd be moving on to Royal Pacific and then to SSR (both of which were immaculate).

Every item of furniture was chipped or worn. Here is one example:

DSC00741.jpg

The finial was missing from one end of the curtain pole, as was part of the toilet roll holder (rendering it useless for holding toilet rolls!). Also, check out the filth in the corner by the toilet. Yeuch!:

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

Worst of all was the bathroom, which really quite disgusted me. Attempts had been made to cover mould which had formed on the grout and around the edge of the bath, but the repairs looked old and had started to fail. The tiles were also liberally splashed with paint:

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

Patches of mould were all over the walls and ceiling, too.

DSC00738.jpg

And the last few show good old-fashioned muck, which is totally unavoidable and in my opinion, therefore, totally unnacceptable:

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

I'm assuming these rooms are due for complete refurbishment in line with the rooms at the Inn and they certainly need it.

thats disgusting Deb, whilst our room was far from acceptable at the Boardwalk it was not as bad as that, we were of the same opinion as you, we would be moving on soon, had we been there for a long stay a call to someone would certainly have been in order. For all the little things that moithered us about the room, Ians biggest bug bear believe it or not, was the condition of the hallway carpets, absolutely filthy, they really did his head in !! Definately in need of a major refurbishment.

I am horrified by those BWV pictures!:eek: That is outrageous!:scared1:

I'm sorry if I missed it in your post, but did you raise these issues with them? I would not have accepted that, I would have been gutted to say the least.

We have yet to stay at the BWV but I have booked 4 nights with a Boardwalk view for our next trip. Does anyone know if these rooms are due for a refurb, I can see that they clearly need one, but is there a date for it?

On the contrary, we stayed at the BCV in December and it was absolutely wonderful, our favourite DVC resort so far. Cannot wait to add on there. Everything was perfect for us, I couldn't fault a thing.:cloud9:

I am, however, a little concerned about our BWV stay now.:confused3

just hope my $1,000 in duesthere going to get at BWV will go towards tarting it up
Paulh

I've only stayed at two DVC resorts, BWV and OKW. The former was disgusting. Your photos could have been ours. But OKW, although the oldest resort, was immaculate. Even the time we stayed in a room which was showing signs of age, it was very clean. As important to me was the look of the grounds. Again OKW was spotless while BWV was like walking around Stockton town centre at times. (The same cigarette packet was on the communal stairs for our entire stay!)

I always assumed though that the same management company dealt with the maintenance for all the DVC resorts, but if as you say that's not the case then that may explain things a bit.
I haven't managed to make myself clear on either count. Firstly, whilst I'm saying that the new resorts will become tired given time, I was also trying to point out that the older resorts can be either immaculate or jaded depending on whether they have been recently refurbished or are approaching the refurbishment window.

The management company which actually carries out maintenance is the same for all resorts (DVCMC), but each has its own administrative arm.

Ians biggest bug bear believe it or not, was the condition of the hallway carpets, absolutely filthy, they really did his head in !!
I'd forgotten about the hallway carpets. They've been cleaned and cleaned and cleaned (and cleaned) and then cleaned a bit more to within an inch of their lives. Just replace them already!

II'm sorry if I missed it in your post, but did you raise these issues with them? I would not have accepted that, I would have been gutted to say the least.
You know, Leanne, we really should have reported these issues and I did consider it many, many times for the sake of those who would be inhabiting that room after us, but we were on holiday and, as I mentioned before, it didn't really matter to us as we were just happy to be at an Epcot resort for the IF&WF. We knew we would be moving on after 5 days and, to be honest, I just couldn't be bothered. Had we been staying there for the duration of our 2 week stay, I most definitely would have spoken with someone (and asked to be moved).

we had a great stay there in April... but eeeewwww deb.. those pics are shocking!

our room was NOTHING like that.. it was in great condition...

I just wanted to go back to the earlier post saying that the rooms were not ready at 12.00. I don't think this is a valid complaint because they are not meant to be ready until 4.00.

If you get given a great room but is not cleaned. Stand your ground and ask for it to be cleaned immediately. We did this the last time we stayed at SSR as the room and the location was perfect. I just waited on the balcony while it was being cleaned.

We stayed at BCV in 2006 and although not as nice as the SSR room had a lovely time the few days we were there for the FW&F at Epcot.

Hope all these dodgy rooms have now been refurbished.

Susan

We are at BWV at the moment. Our one bedroom is in good order, no problems to report. There was a longer than usual check in process due to a computer problem. We were unconcerned but the DVC guy was very apologetic and gave a $75 room credit!
We overlook the quiet pool, facing towards DHS and there is scaffolding up in front of all the rooms to our left, those facing the Community Hall. I can see that they are repairing the roof but I would think all of the rooms out of commission are being overhauled as well.

ford family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter