Be Our Guest Reservations

The problem with overbooking is that there are two people out there that would love to book a table, but it’s not available because you have it even though you won’t be using it. BoG is ridiculously popular. I couldn’t get it for dinner when I tried to book it 180 days out at 6:20am online. When people book more than they need, others are left with nothing. It’s just not fair.

Reactions: VFL
The problem with overbooking is that there are two people out there that would love to book a table, but it’s not available because you have it even though you won’t be using it. BoG is ridiculously popular. I couldn’t get it for dinner when I tried to book it 180 days out at 6:20am online. When people book more than they need, others are left with nothing. It’s just not fair.
I’m not sure if you’re referencing what I wrote, but booking a table for 4 when you only have 2 isn’t over booking. Only one family could have that table. Overbooking would be having five dinner reservations at different hours, which I agree is a problem especially with this restaurant

No one is ever charged for showing up with less people. As long as one person is there you won’t be charged. Disney’s site makes it difficult to book because it’ll see a table for four and won’t show available for two or three people. There’s nothing wrong with what they did
Thank you. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I really doubted Disney was that legalistic in reservations. The vast majority of the time our party of two is seated at a table for four anyway.

Disney reservation system is quirky at best

They literally book the number of seats at a table. Party of 1? Nope
2? Nope
3? Nope
4 yes we have a table w 4 seats

That is why people shuffle party size. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, you have to work within the boundaries of their quirky system

Sometimes it works w your actual party size, sometimes it doesn't.

You book what works for you and don't give it a second thought. If you can get the exact number, great. If not, it's not you, it's Disney

That’s good to know. I was afraid to make the reservation if I didn’t know exactly how many people we would be dining with. I was worried about getting charged if a couple of people bailed on us last minute. I had really wanted to bring my kids to BoG, but our friends weren’t sure if they would be able to join us and so I opted out of making the reservation. It was one of the rare times I had managed to get in on a reservation. Big BoG fan! Thanks so much.
You can try and modify the reservation down to 2, but if you can’t you won’t be charged for those two not being there. As long as one person shows up you’re good.

Last edited:

That’s good to know. I was afraid to make the reservation if I didn’t know exactly how many people we would be dining with. I was worried about getting charged if a couple of people bailed on us last minute. I had really wanted to bring my kids to BoG, but our friends weren’t sure if they would be able to join us and so I opted out of making the reservation. It was one of the rare times I had managed to get in on a reservation. Big BoG fan! Thanks so much.
If you're unsure of how many people will be with you, it's always better to do the higher number. It's way easier to modify down or just show up with less. If you show up with more it's possible someone will get turned away

Just to let everyone know, I called this morning to book pirates league for my daughter. Found out they’re not excepting dinner reservations right now at be our guest because they are changing a few things with dinner. So there’s still hope!! Cause I too was up at 6am this morning lol

We’re a party of five and our 180 day window opens in a couple of days. I’m imagining having a few problems with an odd number in our party and really want to get BOG for dinner one night. Any ideas on how to split our party to get the best chance of snagging a table? TIA

We’re a party of five and our 180 day window opens in a couple of days. I’m imagining having a few problems with an odd number in our party and really want to get BOG for dinner one night. Any ideas on how to split our party to get the best chance of snagging a table? TIA
I don't think think you will find any openings as they have stopped releasing dinner reservations for late July/early August. It seems like they may be restructuring dinner somehow. So, I would say your best bet for finding a res is to keep an eye on the boards for when they are open again and then act quickly!

I don't think think you will find any openings as they have stopped releasing dinner reservations for late July/early August. It seems like they may be restructuring dinner somehow. So, I would say your best bet for finding a res is to keep an eye on the boards for when they are open again and then act quickly!
Thank you. 180 days tomorrow!! I think we’re going to do all other hard to gets first then see if BOG is up and running for dinner. If not, we’ll snag a lunch reservation there I think and find somewhere else for a TS (maybe Skipper Canteen). Thank you!

Thank you. 180 days tomorrow!! I think we’re going to do all other hard to gets first then see if BOG is up and running for dinner. If not, we’ll snag a lunch reservation there I think and find somewhere else for a TS (maybe Skipper Canteen). Thank you!

sounds like a solid plan! My 180 days was a few days ago and I didn't know about the BOG issue beforehand... so I was beating myself up over not acting fast enough. I'm glad you know in advance :)

So, our ddp window has opened up through to August 16th but still no dinner reservations available at BOG and we were online at exactly opening time. :magnify:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter