Beach Club Villas

Congratulations on becoming a DVC member. I have no pointers, but just wanted to say how much you will enjoy it. The two bedroom villa, really makes you feel at home. DH and I stay a BVC every October for the Wine and Food Fest. I love the decor and location. Ironically however, my "favorite" DVC resort is Wilderness Lodge and we don't own there. It wasn't available when we purchased.

We booked the Dining Plan too this year. DH figured it saves us over $200 having it compared to not, for the places we like to eat (California Grill, Jiko).

When Disney has special DVC Member events, these are worth attending. We went to SSR Homecoming and loved all the special events they had planned for "Members Only". They really make you feel special.

J

After your stay at VB, please send me a note so you can tell me your views. We own, but have never been there. I hear it is "quite", which is nice for a long weekend. I just don't want to be bored.

Thanks,
J

We bought BCV in '03. We had just returned from a wedding in WDW, we stayed at the YC. We loved SAB and being able to walk to Epcot. That is why we bought at BCV. Since then we have stayed at BCV 2x. My favorite thing about BCV is being able to see illuminations from the balcony of my room. I know that I will not always get a fireworks view, but I can still walk to Epcot and use SAB. :goodvibes

We also own at BCV. Bought as a 2nd contract (2002) -- WLV being our first (2001). DH loved WLV so much, I though I would never get him to stay anywhere else. Finally got him there and now it's a toss up between the two. We both love the theme of BCV, SAB and being close to Epcot and MGM. We also love the WLV's as well. It's very quiet there, can do a lot of bike riding and walking. You also feel you're more removed from the parks (can be good or bad depending on how you look at it).

We usually stay at BCV during the Food and Wine Festival (great time to go).
Hope you enjoy your stay there.

We bought into the BCV in 2003, at that time they were selling BWV but according to our guide they still had some points left for BCV until it would be sold out. So we had our choise between BWV & BCV. Went with 200 points and one month later without even staying at the BCV we added on 50 more points there. :woohoo:

We bought BCV from DVC as our first contract. We love the location and SAB! Then we bought another contract re-sale at VWL. I guess just less of us BCV owners have those signature things...

We are BCV owners since 2002. Prior - we were loyal visitors to YC & BC Hotels and said we would seriously look into buying if they put one in the area. Poof - BCV was announced! Besides BCV, we love BWV. We wish we had purchased there with the spilt point systems - we try to stretch our points as much as possible and BWV helps with that.

Reasons:
Epcot is our favorite resort.
MGM is our second fav.
We love walking right into the parks.
Big fans of F&WF and Flower & Garden.

We orginally bought 210 points at BWV. We loved being close to Epcot which is our favorite park. When we decided to add more points, BWV was sold out and so we did an add on at BCV for the same reason...being close to Epcot.

We own at BCV. Like most everyone else, we bought there because of its location (love F&W Fest) and SAB.

It was what they were selling when we joined. But it would have been our first choice anyway as BC is our second favorite resort after the Polynesian. Would we have joined if BCV were not offered? Probably...

Is the wait list or re-sale the only way to get in BCV now ?

Any advice if we want to buy BCV points as newbies?

Thanks.

Acesjohn said:
Is the wait list or re-sale the only way to get in BCV now ?

Any advice if we want to buy BCV points as newbies?

Thanks.

Yes, BCV is not openly being sold through DVC now. Be flexible with your use year and amount of points and you never know what will be available!

:thumbsup2 We love the location and the Pool. this is the best hotel on Disney did I say we love the pool. watching the fireworks for the balcony. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We own 1000 points at BCV. We absolutley loved the place. We first toured DVC when BWV was still for sale and they had just announed they were building VWL. VWL did not appeal to us at all as I don't care for the woodsy theme. We finished the BWV tour and stood out on the boardwalk looking over at the BC and I told my husband, "if they ever build over there, I will be the first in line". I don't think I was quite the first, but I did purchase on the first day of presales for the BCV.

We really love the atmosphere and the themeing at this resort. I know I am home as soon as I walk through the door. Then I go out the back door and look out on the beach and I feel so relaxed. I love to walk along that beach first thing in the morning or late at night and you just can't beat that 5 min walk to Epcot!

Bugeye said:
Jade1

Your photos alone would sell me. :3dglasses

Thanks Bugeye-they are nothing special, just as long as they are downloaded they are easy to throw on but glad you liked them.

My DH and I have belonged to BCV since 2003. We will be going again in September. We also just bought a 50 pt add on for SSR. We always vacation off season so it really did not matter where we bought. We can always get in at the 7 month mark.

:hourglass Counting down till September 10.

Tdisney said:
I was jsut wandering how many people on this board are Beach club villas owners. I see alot of BWV and SSR pictures in their signatures but not alot of BCV. For those of who own at the BCV why is it that you bought there and not other resorts?

I guess you can tell from my screen name that I own at BCV. :rotfl2: We purchased there because we love the location. We stayed at the YC back in 1992 and DH said if they ever built a time share at this location he would buy in a minute. Move the clock forward 10 years and BCV was a reality so we bought in! We love the proximity to MGM and Epcot as well as miniature golf, Beaches & Cream and ESPN to name a few things. Annmarie

Tdisney said:
I was jsut wandering how many people on this board are Beach club villas owners. I see alot of BWV and SSR pictures in their signatures but not alot of BCV. For those of who own at the BCV why is it that you bought there and not other resorts?

Another proud BCV owner here. Our primary reason for picking the BCV's was location and amenities. We love where BCV is located. Close to Epcot and MGM and right across the bay from the broadwalk. Stromalong bay, cape may cafe and Beaches and cream swayed us too. At the time of purchase, our children were small (5,7,9) so there was a lot to keep them busy (as if being at WDW is not enough :teeth: ). I love the themeing :love:

We actually try to stay at a different resort every time we visit, but every other year or so we have to stay "Home".

Have not regretted it once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter