Beach Club Villas

Tdisney

Mouseketeer
I was jsut wandering how many people on this board are Beach club villas owners. I see alot of BWV and SSR pictures in their signatures but not alot of BCV. For those of who own at the BCV why is it that you bought there and not other resorts?

BCV owner here! :thumbsup2 Owned since 2002 and have made 11 trips to BCV, primarily in May (Flower Festival), October (Food & Wine), and Janaury (Marathon). You have to run that food and wine off you know!! :teeth:
We chose BCV for the location to Epcot and MGM, not to mention the atmosphere of the BW. It's nice to have EC WS right in you backyard and a leisurely walk to MGM is also nice. Sports at ESPN, entertainment on the BW.
The only other DVC resort we've stayed at was Vero Beach in 2003. Enjoyed that also! We're headed down in less than 2 weeks for the Flower & Garden Fest and Paul Revere and the Raiders/ The Association!

I own at both the BWV and BCV. I like the Epcot resort area, and when the BCV were offered, I purchased. I like the decor of the rooms and the closeness to Epcot. :thumbsup2

1) Location. 2 parks that dont require a bus.
2) SAB and sand beach on the lake (beach theme for spring break is great).
3) Amenities (Room service, Beaches and cream, close to BW etc.).
4) Investment, size/location/11 month priority spelled positive financial return.

Hi, We own at OKW since 1993,BCV we bought when they were 1st available to DVC owners and SSR ,again bought when they 1st available to DVC owners. My only regret is not buying more points at BCV! This (BCV) is the resort we always want to and do stay at.I just fear it will be harder to get ressies here as the years go on. I would LOVE to see a DVC at CR,because I feel it would become the NEW best place to stay and draw families(esp. with young children) away from BCV! Joan

I own BCV for actual planned trips to WDW. I am buying OKW for points to stay at other places and to give to my employees. Long before I was a DVC member, I stayed almost exclusively at the Beach or Yacht Club Resorts because I am a World Showcase addict. I almost always go during Food & Wine Festival. When I made the decision to buy into DVC, I paid a significant premium for BCV points because I knew that I wanted to make ressies there during the festival and I knew they would be hard to get. This year, my daughter's school changed the dates of her fall break, and because I had to change ressies, I could not get into BCV even though I own there. We ended up at Wilderness Lodge, and I am OK with that, but I'd rather be going back home.

I also like the food options close to BCV, including the Yachtman's Steak House, Todd English's Blue Zoo, Shula's, and the Boardwalk restaurants.

Hope this helps.

Joe&Peg said:
I am buying OKW for points to stay at other places and to give to my employees.
Hope this helps.

Nice boss. :thumbsup2

Hi There,
I own at Vero Beach and SSR. I have never been to Vero. You said you like Vero Beach. How long a time did you stay? Is there enough to keep you busy? One day, I hope to go for a long weekend. I thought I would break in slowly. I'm so used to WDW, that I find it difficult to go anywhere else. Although this year, DH and will be trying a couple of new places.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
J

A DVC member after my own heart! My DH and I love those restaurants too. We own VB at SSR. We had the opportunity to buy at BCV, but for economic reasons, we had to go with VB. We always stay at BCV during Wine & Food Fest. We are looking forward to this year's trip. We always learn something new about wines or pairings and love trying new wines. Now if I can just get down a system so when I get home, I know what I liked and what to look for at my local store. Any suggestions?

J

We own 150 points at BCV. We bought in Dec 2002. At the time I did not know about DIS Boards. :blush:

We bought BCV because at the time everyother resort was sold out. We took the tour at Boardwalk and loved the area. My DH loved that ESPN is in walking distance. I loved the pool (we have 3 boys).

It has been a great fit so far.

BCV is the third resort that we own. We bought first at OKW, then VWL and finally at BCV. We're done buying points. We have 500 total and that's plenty. My husband wanted to buy at BCV because of SAB and just because he liked the looks of BC/YC.

Original 150 pt contract is at VWL--and we've never stayed there. When we went for the tour we told our guide that we wanted to wait for BCV since we always stayed at the Beach Club or Yacht club (that's where we were staying when we took the tour) so we were going to wait. Even though there were renderings and other marketing materials for BCV, our guide told us that it might not ever be a reality, there wasn't the official approval yet, blah, blah, blah ... and we were better off buying at VWL. Even though we knew this was an out-and-out lie, we thought BCV might not happen for a year or so and we didn't want to wait that long, so we bought VWL. That was in November of 2001. Imagine our surprise when in February 2002 we received the promo mailer for BCV. We were certain the guides must have been getting spiffed to sell the last VWL points before Feb. We were so mad we called and complained and had our guide switched.

We finally did an add-on for 100 points at BCV last year. We prefer to stay there. We love going to the WL, but love the boardwalk area and Beach Club more. When we are trying to save points or when we bring others, we stay at OKW.

Vascubaguy started a thread about people being able to swap points. I have often thought that the ability to swap my VWL points for BCV points with the same UY with no hassle would be a great perk. Just love BCV! And count me in vascubaguy!

Joanne

We own BCV...it was the current one available when we bought in 2003. :thumbsup2
We also own SSR addon

vonderbar said:
Hi There,
I own at Vero Beach and SSR. I have never been to Vero. You said you like Vero Beach. How long a time did you stay? Is there enough to keep you busy? One day, I hope to go for a long weekend. I thought I would break in slowly. I'm so used to WDW, that I find it difficult to go anywhere else. Although this year, DH and will be trying a couple of new places.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
J

We stayed at VB 9/13 - 9/18, 2003. Five nights (Sun - Thu), less points that way. Nice an quiet, stayed in an Ocean View Inn Room (Studio). Surf was up as Hurricane Isabel was churning out at sea. Location is somewhat remote to easy dining or shopping. Need to drive a bit....a few mile for shopping and dining. I say "a bit" because we're so used to walking everywhere at WDW.
Concerning your stay, weekends will be more crowded. We avoid the summer months and other "peak" times. You'll enjoy it if you like the beach and some peace and quiet. BTW there are dining options on site and a small gift shop for sundries, etc.

I own at BCV-love it. Why? It's set off from the rest of the 'mega resort', you can park right by the villas, the Marketplace for a quick rather inexpensive sandwich and to die for gelatto, room decor and naturally the close proximity to the parks we most frequent. I did own at the BWV's too, but my first trip home was so horrible (food in fridge, bathroom never cleaned, put in smoking room when I have a med. necessity to have nonsmoking and then being told 'nowhere to put you'), that I sold. Life's too short for that, I can use my money elsewhere.

We purchased 310 points at the BCV this past October (resale). We are taking our first trip as DVC owners in August and are looking forward to it. We reserved a 2 bedroom villa for 8 nights. We're not newbies (have been to Disney just about every year for the past 12 years) but have stayed at the Contemporary Resort everytime. We chose BCV because of location and we loved the look and atmosphere at the resort. We also booked the dining plan. Are there any pointers you guys can give new DVC owners???

In 2003, we stayed at BC for the first time and fell in love with the resort, pool, and the whole area. We then went on a DVC tour, but were not totally thrilled with Saratoga Springs and that was all they were selling at the time. We thought maybe we could find a resale somewhere for BCV, when we returned home. Well, unfortunately, at that time, there were not many BCV coming up for resale since it had just sold out a couple of months before. So, we bought OKW (150 points). Then, in early 2005, we added on 50 points at the BCV because we still really wanted to have that as our "home", too. Of course we can not do too much with 50 points but that is all we could really afford at the time. Maybe some day, we can add more!

To answer your question on why we like BCV so much well we love the decor there, we love Beaches and Cream, its location, and of course SAB is a great pool. DH and DS love relaxing in SAB for hours. In 2003, when we stayed at BC we thought the rooms were very nice, not too big. but nicely decorated. Last year we stayed in a studio at BCV for the first time, and liked that too. This July we are staying in a 1 bedroom for the first time. We can not wait! :thumbsup2

The info you provided will be helpful to us as we aren't familiar with BCV at all. The pool looks great - can't wait to try it.

On our last trip to Disney we took a tour of the Beach Club and really liked the atmosphere there. We also went on a tour of Saratoga, which was the DVC property being offered at that time. We liked Saratoga but prefer being closer to the action so we went home and decided to look at resale DVC properties. We really lucked out. Someone was selling 310 points and had 112 points banked from 04 and 310 from 05. Our kids went to Disney in January - each had a 5 night stay at Saratoga (we bought in Nov. 05 - it was too late to book BCV) and although they said the hotel was nice, they like staying in the middle of the action better (Contemporary). They are late teens to early 20s and said Saratoga was too quiet for them.

We just love BCV. It is our home resort and the only one we own at. We have 225 pts. there and we know it's not enough. As soon as we can we would like to find a resale for more pts. The reason we love it there so much is location. We really like being in walking distance of Epcot and MGM. Not to mention the Boardwalk with all that activity and resturants. Beaches and Cream is the very best. We also love SAB pool. And last but certainly not least, the decor and atmosphere is great. We were always Poly people because we liked the location and the atmosphere. If they ever decided to put DVC there it would be just perfect for us.

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter