Beach Club vs. Yacht Club (Yes, yet again)

BC or YC?

• Beach Club

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Yacht Club

Votes: 41 58.6%

• Total voters
I have to give it to YC for the refurbed bathrooms. The barn door you can slide closed to block the light from the sink area sold it for me. And the fact that you can store your luggage under the bed now. Also a plus.

I have stayed at both, generally prefer Beach Club. Was booked for Beach Club for July, but switched to Yacht Club for a much better rate.

I liked the rooms at Yacht Club before the renovation. So much detail and charm has since been lost. Plus, I don't like the dog-friendly policy that Yacht Club has since adopted. (I love dogs, btw, but don't want to deal with the barking & mess of the dogs of irresponsible owners while I'm on vacation.)

Therefore, I recommend Beach Club.

I have to give it to YC for the refurbed bathrooms. The barn door you can slide closed to block the light from the sink area sold it for me. And the fact that you can store your luggage under the bed now. Also a plus.

Yes, I forgot about that! That door was awesome! I could keep the bathroom light on for my DS and still slide the door shut enough so it didn't disturb anyone - brilliant! Loved the fold down ironing board, too (though I didn't use it, LOL!) I thought they made some brilliant design choices in the new rooms.

My preference is the Beach Club, but because you want a quieter stay and you really want a balcony, I would suggest the YC. Unless you do not like dogs. YC is one of the dog friendly resorts, and while I have not read anything that would bother me, my daughter's family have ruled it out because they just do not want that experience.

The BC is brighter and more "beachy" whereas the YC is more of a "club" feel. I think that if a balcony is a deal breaker the YC is the better choice. I always request a large balcony, but it is my only request. I have not always gotten one. Look at pictures and see which theme makes you more comfortable.

The dogs are all on the first floor as far away from everyone as possible. Just request "away from dogs" and be half a mile from one of the 2 or 3 total dogs that are ever there. Or stay elsewhere and be near the "service dogs" that are there anyway.

Also, being farthest away from the dogs would probably get you closer to the lobby and SAB (etc) too, so that's another plus.

Edit: I personally prefer BC but it's just preference. We always say in BCV 1 or 2 bedroom villas, but have stayed in the main hotel a few times and it's always been great.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who chimed in with their suggestions and advice. You all make great points, and I really appreciate having the benefit of your experience at both BC & YC.

Man, this is hard. I know it probably won't matter that much in the end, but I've always wanted to stay at BC or YC, for as long as we've been going to Disney. As a result, I'm probably putting too much expectation on wanting everything to be "perfect." Especially since we only have 2 1/2 days to experience it.

I lean more toward the BC in terms of feel and atmosphere. But I really do like the room renovations at YC, in spite of their slightly more "clinical" feel. The benefit of the full balcony nudges it closer to the top, as does my tendency to be a light sleeper. I'm not terribly bothered by the dog issue, though I understand why it's a point of contention for many.

I think I'll go ahead and book a YC room. Again, thanks for helping me make the decision! :thanks:

We've stayed at both, and we prefer YC. We had a full balcony at both so that didn't factor in; we just didn't like the overall feel of the BC. YC seems quieter and nicer to us.

Well we will agree to disagree. Unless you can quote a source my luck in getting a full balcony at BC is much less than a coin toss.

Per Inventory Manager at Beach Club.

Rooms with Juliet balcony - 264
Rooms with Full balcony/Patio - 312

Just stayed at BC. If you want quiet and relaxed, I’d head to YC. It seemed so serene compared to what was going on in BC lobby. We liked it and it was fun but not relaxing. Forgot that YC allows dogs as we didn’t see any.

Per Inventory Manager at Beach Club.

Rooms with Juliet balcony - 264
Rooms with Full balcony/Patio - 312
Ok but my previous post asked whether or not the count includes CL and DVC. Makes a big difference to the standard guest.

Ok but my previous post asked whether or not the count includes CL and DVC. Makes a big difference to the standard guest.

The numbers I quoted include CL, but not DVC. I'm waiting for the exact numbers for CL, but I do know there's more Full Balconies than Juliet.

The numbers I quoted include CL, but not DVC. I'm waiting for the exact numbers for CL, but I do know there's more Full Balconies than Juliet.
Don’t sweat it. Point made. I just must have an extreme unlucky streak going.

I voted YC. My family was there almost 2 years ago right before the refurbishment began. The room was fine and since YC is now the more recently renovated resort, you will have the newest additions to the rooms. Also, my family & I honestly didn't say while we were there the last time, "Oh we wish we were staying in BC instead of YC" after going over to BC side. My kids were happy with SAB. For this year we were originally booked at BC b/c reserved at Standard View and when discounts came out we switched to YC b/c cheaper with Garden View and discount. My kids don't care about the room. They only care about SAB. It is why we are staying there again.

We've stayed at both. They are both great, but if anyone in your family has significant allergies or asthma, pick YC. BC pipes a scent into the lobby and some common areas that a lot of people love, but to which I am very allergic. Our stay there was pretty miserable for me, because the more I was exposed to it as the week went on, the worse I got. DD has allergies and it irritates them too, but not as bad as it does me. It does not affect DH at all. We love YC. We go over to BC for the marketplace, but I still can't stay inside BC more than about 10 minutes without getting totally congested. Another benefit of YC is that the buses go there first and then over to BC, so if you are heading to the parks at very crowded times, you are more likely to get a seat and not to have a bus fill up before it gets to BC.

Most probably due to life long dog allergies, I don't like dogs and don't want to see or be around them while on vacation. For that reason, Yacht Club is off our list unless they do away with the dog-friendly policy.

We've stayed at both. They are both great, but if anyone in your family has significant allergies or asthma, pick YC. BC pipes a scent into the lobby and some common areas that a lot of people love, but to which I am very allergic. Our stay there was pretty miserable for me, because the more I was exposed to it as the week went on, the worse I got. DD has allergies and it irritates them too, but not as bad as it does me. It does not affect DH at all. We love YC. We go over to BC for the marketplace, but I still can't stay inside BC more than about 10 minutes without getting totally congested. Another benefit of YC is that the buses go there first and then over to BC, so if you are heading to the parks at very crowded times, you are more likely to get a seat and not to have a bus fill up before it gets to BC.

This is great to know. Thanks!

Most probably due to life long dog allergies, I don't like dogs and don't want to see or be around them while on vacation. For that reason, Yacht Club is off our list unless they do away with the dog-friendly policy.

That won't really work, but good luck! Somebody had a St. Bernard (right out of the movie "Beethoven") at BC last time we were there. That's quite the service dog, I tell ya.

That won't really work, but good luck! Somebody had a St. Bernard (right out of the movie "Beethoven") at BC last time we were there. That's quite the service dog, I tell ya.
Only if it has keg around it’s neck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter