Bec & Chris - Wishes Wedding 03/01/11 WP/WHR/SCP - Some extra pics and **COMPLETE**

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
DF & I have been together for 9 years now. Will be 10 by the time we tie the knot!

We've been living together for 7 years and on October 29th 2008 DF proposed with this lovely ring:

100_4103.jpg

100_4102.jpg

We're planning our DFTW for March 2nd 2011

Invites: 4, 224, 228,232, 239, 367, 382

Engagement Party: 4,

Thankyou Cards: 4

Colours: 10,

Cake Topper: 10

Wedding Consultant: 11

Cakes: 4, 21, 123

Dresses: 32, 99, 149, 348, 603

Bridesmaids: 48, 88, 150, 348

Tuxes: 48, 88, 89

Honeymoon: 59,

It’s All in The Details: 60, 88, 92, 116, 129, 138, 166, 343, 581

Newsletters: 68, 220, 308

Shoes: 73, 207

Accessories: 81, 107, 199, 411, 422, 455, 494, 521, 533, 662,

Food: 154, 420

Timeline/To Do Lists: 168, 339, 565, 633

Photography:176, 190

Crazy Wedding Dreams: 192, 516

Friend's wedding pictures: 297

Wedding Website: 310

BEO's: 457, 478, 479, 495, 898,

Hair Pictures: 477, 585

Guest book: 626,

Hen's Night: 635,

Wedding Pictures: 722, 737, 738,

Trip Report: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6 - Part 1, Part 2, Day 7, Day 9, Extra Pictures

Wedding Day: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17, Part 18 (last part).

Vendor Reviews: 899

YAY for starting a PJ Bec! :banana:

Great start - I loved how you reacted to his engagement party request! LOL - sounds like something I would do.:rotfl:

And that's a beautiful ring!! :worship:

Can't wait to read more!! :surfweb:

(I managed a smilie for each line - now that's talent!! lol)

haha, :rotfl: that's funny:lmao:, I often get worried that I'm over using the smilies;), but now you've encouraged me to use them more often!:laughing:

We had our engagement party in February 2009 at Chris’ mum and step dad’s farm. About 3 hours from where we live.

100_4146.jpg

These were our invitations.

100_4149.jpg

100_4153.jpg

This was a poem I put in regarding gifts – please don’t flame me for this! Honestly, this is what is done in Australia! I tried to get my mum and Chris’ mum to spread the word, but they both told me to put in a poem. It was only after they were all sent out that I realised there was a pretty big mistake on it… Can you see what it is? :rotfl:

100_4151.jpg

Inserts for accommodation for our guests.

EnvelopePicture.jpg

The envelope I made to post the invites in.

p1000204.jpg

p1000195.jpg

p1000194.jpg

100_4182.jpg

100_4181.jpg

p1000215.jpg

p1000205.jpg

100_4175.jpg

This was our cake, it was supposed to be a mad hatter cake, but clearly the cake maker had no idea…

We only paid $100 for it though, and it was really quite pretty still.

100_4179edit.jpg

100_4183.jpg

100_4249.jpg

Then I tasted it, and got pretty mad:headache:. I asked for mud marble cake on the bottom layer, and carrot cake on the top layer. The cake maker told me it wasn’t possible to put layers of frosting inside the cake, because it wouldn’t hold together… Clearly Disney are the better cake makers then! She also told me that people are supposed to eat the fondant. I told her we wouldn’t be, and I’d be adding ice cream or something for everyone to have with it. Not only that, but she put alcohol in the mud marble cake… Bleh! It was so gross, and I was so disappointed with it. I don’t like carrot cake, that’s why the smaller top layer was carrot cake, for people with not as much of a sweet tooth. The bottom layer was supposed to be for the childish people like me, who like really sweet, decadent cakes. People like me, who like really sweet decadent cakes, do not like alcohol in their cakes…

I didn’t complain though, because she did it for $100 as a favour to my family. I could have spent $450 and gotten someone who had done mad hatter cakes before, someone who knew how to put layers of frosting in the cake, and someone who knows what a mud marble cake is supposed to taste like, but I went with the $100 option…

100_4254.jpg

It was a good night!

These are the matching thankyou cards I did.

100_4165.jpg

100_4163.jpg

100_4162.jpg

100_4164.jpg

100_4171.jpg

It took me forever to get them out! I was a bad appreciative soon to be bride! :rolleyes1

Yay you started a PJ :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
I loved the oics of your engagement party, must be so nice to live somewhere that you can party outdoors and not have to worry about the rain!

Where are you having your wedding?

I want the wedding pavilion for the ceremony, no questions about that, but I haven't completely decided on the reception. I like the Whitehall room, and it's probably the front runner, but I'm open to some of the ballrooms that are about. Especially some of the ones that can be divided up.

haha, :rotfl: that's funny:lmao:, I often get worried that I'm over using the smilies;), but now you've encouraged me to use them more often!:laughing:

Excellent! :rotfl:Anything I can do to encourage people to use smilies in a responsible manner! :lmao:

I loved your engagement party! Looks like it was loads of fun and the sunset was gorgeous! I'm sorry your cake didn't taste the way it was supposed to - not sure about that alcohol thing either! But it looked spiffy! :thumbsup2

What a great start to your PJ. Your engagment party looked amazing. I love that cake. It's very neat, sorry it didn't taste as nice as it looks! You two are an adorable couple. Can't wait to read more!

Ok, so when I first started planning our wedding. Someone told me that to visualise how you want your wedding to look, and describe it. The first word I thought of to describe my ideal wedding was “Rich” and by word association, I came up with chocolate and gold! So that’s how I decided on my colours!!

Inspiration.jpg

4-16_Post_-_WW_Gold_Wedding_FINAL.jpg

gold_wedding_copy.jpg

2420771195_23a313d797.jpg

I’m not going to do an actual theme for our wedding, but these colours will be used throughout it. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I think my bridesmaids will be in latte/chocolate coloured tea length dresses, and the groomsmen will possibly be in black suits with black shirts and gold vests and ties. I’m not sure about the groomsmen, because I get worried that it might look a little tacky, I might put them in all black yet, and have more gold as table decorations instead.

ChocolateandBrown.jpg

100_4170.jpg

I bought this Christmas decoration back at Christmas. It’s just too cute. You may have noticed it on the cake table at our engagement party. It’s a permanent fixture at home now.

I also bought this for our cake topper.
620030_l.jpg

It doesn’t look anything like Chris and I, but I love it. I love how they appear to be clinging so tightly to each other.

I’ve been assigned a wedding consultant! :cool1: Thanks to Vanessa for hooking me up with an email address so I didn’t have to get up at the crack of dawn to make the first phone call.

I’ve been assigned to Joe De Matei for the first stages. He’s been good so far, he’s sent me through the first lot of information, and I’ve told him that we’re hoping for either a 12:30pm or 2:00pm ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion in March, and I’m not sure on which reception location yet. We’ll probably have roughly 30 guests. I also told him that I’d like some information on gluten free meal options.

Hopefully he’ll get back to me with some suggestions on what locations he thinks will work. :thumbsup2

Your engagement party looked wonderful. I am sorry the cake wasn't exactly what you wanted but it was beautiful. I also loved the "rich" concept for the wedding. I think it will be amazing. Will be keeping up with your pj to see what you will be doing for the wedding.

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

I'm pretty bad at seeing the big picture, but I hope it all comes together in the end. :laughing:

Yeah! For starting a PJ...I thought I had missed it :rotfl: All the details look awesome! Love the Christmas Ornament...Where have I seen that before :)
LOVE the color choices. Have you considered putting the men in chocolate tuxes with gold vest and tie with a cream shirt? Just a thought.
Can't wait to read more!!! :surfweb:

Hmm... No I hadn't thought of that.. I'll have to see if I can find some pictures... I think I'm just too much of a fan of the black tux though... :goodvibes

YAY more disney brides!!! Congrats on your engagement! Your plans sound wonderful so far and the engagement party looked really fun. I can't wait to read more

Ooh I am loving your PJ so far!

How did you get a wedding consultant assigned so early on your planning? Please do let me know, we are planning a wishes VR and we would like to do it on Feb 2011, and also at the Wedding Pavilion and I am leaning towards White Hall as well.

I don't know! Torsie has one too though, and she's planning a March 2011 wedding as well, so perhaps try and give them a call and see what happens. :confused3

I just stumbled across your PJ and think things look great so far:goodvibes! Your engagement party looks like it was tons of fun- even with the icky tasting cake:lmao: I really love the "rich" theme of your wedding I think it will be super elegant and stunning! Can't wait to follow all your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter