• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Becky and Jeff- 2/8/10 BW Croquet Lawn/LSS/UK Lochside- TR- Update 8/8 dessert party

Reception location shots

Before I get into the details of the reception I wanted to post some pics that were taken of the overall reception space.

weddingetc242.jpg

This was our pre-reception setup that we never actually saw

BeckysWeddingDay100.jpg

here is our violinist serenading our guests during the pre-reception. I guess our guests found their tables and munched on their food there.

weddingetc377a.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay311.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay310.jpg

Our guestbook table. We loved how our vinylmation turned out. Our friends drew a wedding band on him lol.

weddingetc243.jpg

this is where the buffet was setup

weddingetc244.jpg

piano of course

weddingetc246.jpg

cake table! we had our little City Hall and tour guide Mickey and Minnie

weddingetc250.jpg

This is my mom and Jeff's moms veils and small photo albums from their weddings. It was my moms idea and she sprang it on Carol last minute. I think this table was originally for gifts.

weddingetc252.jpg

our sweetheart table

weddingetc251.jpg

since we had extra table names they put a random one at ours. All the tables were Guest Relations related. Without even knowing that Julian had the name cards for the food made with a red plaid border, it rocked.

weddingetc253.jpg

a guest table. This is where our bridal party sat so those are their pinwheels

I knew that our ceremony decor was being transported over to the LSS from the Boardwalk so that we could keep it, but I wasn't expecting them to decorate the reception site with it. I thought it was so cute how they used the lanterns and pinwheels throughout the space!

And I leave you with some fish pictures of my dads

BeckysWeddingDay164.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay160.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay102.jpg

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

your tables looked great and the mickey your guests signed was such a great idea! so unique! can't wait to see and hear more!

How is the vinlymation today? We were trying to decide what color and I was worried about dirt/fingerprints on the white.

Awww, Becky! I feel like I've told you a bazillion times but man oh man do I love your photos! You and your hubby look so fabulous together. Just so freaking gorgeous, the lot of 'em! :teeth: Your reception area looked amazing too! Along with your cake and just, wow. Such awesomeness!

I still wish I could have talked Jason into letting us use a Vinylmation for our guestbook! I still think that is the cutest idea! :thumbsup2

I love your reception shots!! I think that the LSS went great with your wedding colours and it looks beautiful!

So I find myself stalking Studio 222's blog and site after seeing your wedding pics! :goodvibes hehe. I totally love how all your pics turned out. It makes me want to kick myself for sticking with our stupid at home reception. I should have done something at Disney and told our families that they HAD to come.

Seriously though. Everything looked awesome. Love the large paper balls and the cake!!! And your bouquet too. I kept thinking that you had some crazy like ivy thing trailing off of it. I didn't realize it was beads. Great idea. :worship:

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

your tables looked great and the mickey your guests signed was such a great idea! so unique! can't wait to see and hear more!

Thanks! I was really happy with how everything turned out, better than we even expected!

How is the vinlymation today? We were trying to decide what color and I was worried about dirt/fingerprints on the white.

The vinylmation is great. We pretty much haven"t touched it since we placed it on our entertainment center after the wedding. i am a little worried about smudging the pen off so I will probably go buy a spray sealer and that should do the trick.

Awww, Becky! I feel like I've told you a bazillion times but man oh man do I love your photos! You and your hubby look so fabulous together. Just so freaking gorgeous, the lot of 'em! :teeth: Your reception area looked amazing too! Along with your cake and just, wow. Such awesomeness!

I still wish I could have talked Jason into letting us use a Vinylmation for our guestbook! I still think that is the cutest idea! :thumbsup2

Thanks Anj! :cutie:
I think the vinylmation worked out well for us since we had so few guests, console yourself by saying you had too many loving friends and family to contain them on one vinylmation haha

I love your reception shots!! I think that the LSS went great with your wedding colours and it looks beautiful!

Thanks! I'm really happy that Jeff picked the Living Seas!

So I find myself stalking Studio 222's blog and site after seeing your wedding pics! :goodvibes hehe. I totally love how all your pics turned out. It makes me want to kick myself for sticking with our stupid at home reception. I should have done something at Disney and told our families that they HAD to come.

Seriously though. Everything looked awesome. Love the large paper balls and the cake!!! And your bouquet too. I kept thinking that you had some crazy like ivy thing trailing off of it. I didn't realize it was beads. Great idea. :worship:

Thanks Tanya! I saw that you 'liked' Studio 222 on facebook. Becka and Nate are fabulous and do some awesome work.
Don't beat yourself up about your choices! You still ad a fabulous cruise and someday Kenzie can have a fabulous wedding at Disney! My mom goes around showing off photos and talking about my wedding all the time, I think being MOB gives you free reign to shove pictures at people, more-so than being a bride!
The beads were Rose from Disney Floral's idea, I guess she saw something similar in my inspiration pic, I really loved them!

Shadow Box​

The other night I finally got all my stuff together to make a shadow box. I got the shadow box itself at Michaels half off right after the wedding. I was waiting to get a good photo of my bouquet printed out to put in it. Walgreens offers some cool collage prints and after missing out on a free 8x10 for Mothers Day, because I didn't press submit order on the last page, I finally got a free one during Fathers Day. So I put together a display using the 8x10 photo and the beads and ribbon from my bouquet along with Jeff's boutonniere. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

35857_736592420736_1514184_43425245_6797342_n.jpg

Wow Becky, love the shadowbox. It really came out great. I love all the things you put in it. Sheldon and I have also loved looking at all your pictures.

Beautiful wedding!! Congrats. Do you remember where you got your bridesmaid dresses? I think they are adorable.

Your wedding photo's are so nice with all your family. I love the ones of you and hubby under the Boardwalk sign. The decorations in LSS looked great and it is nice how Disney incorporated your ceremony items into the decor. :thumbsup2

Glad to see some of the LSS pictures :goodvibes I had to laugh when you said you pretended be excited about being backstage, all of us forget how it is normal for anyone who works there. Must have been how my cousin (musician at Epcot) felt when riding in our bus to the wedding and reception. That was a nice idea your mom had with the veils and photos, I wanted to do something with parents and grandparents wedding photos, but DH's parents are divorced and my grandparents are divorced :upsidedow That's so great that Disney reused even more of your decor than anticipated!

Wow Becky, love the shadowbox. It really came out great. I love all the things you put in it. Sheldon and I have also loved looking at all your pictures.

Thank you Linda!

Beautiful wedding!! Congrats. Do you remember where you got your bridesmaid dresses? I think they are adorable.

Thanks! I know I posted the link somewhere in my PJ, I think it was Unique Vintage.com

Love the shadowbox its beautiful.

Thanks!

Your wedding photo's are so nice with all your family. I love the ones of you and hubby under the Boardwalk sign. The decorations in LSS looked great and it is nice how Disney incorporated your ceremony items into the decor. :thumbsup2

Thank you! We were very pleased with how everything turned out, it was a great day!

Glad to see some of the LSS pictures :goodvibes I had to laugh when you said you pretended be excited about being backstage, all of us forget how it is normal for anyone who works there. Must have been how my cousin (musician at Epcot) felt when riding in our bus to the wedding and reception. That was a nice idea your mom had with the veils and photos, I wanted to do something with parents and grandparents wedding photos, but DH's parents are divorced and my grandparents are divorced :upsidedow That's so great that Disney reused even more of your decor than anticipated!

More LSS pics coming up soon! There are still some things that excite me about going backstage, but I think I had recently driven back there at Epcot so there was nothing new for me. I think we lucked out that both our parents are still married. Jeff's parents celebrated their 35th anniversary the day after we got back from out honeymoon cruise and my parents had their 33rd 5 days later!

February 8th, 2010 - Part 7 - Reception!

I know I left off with us waiting to be announced and enter our reception but here are a few pics of our guests arriving at LSS

weddingetc241.jpg

walking through Epcot

BeckysWeddingDay095.jpg

Waiting in the lobby area to go upstairs to LSS.
When Jeff and I arrived we took an elevator, our guests took stairs.

Chris announced us and we had out first dance. It was a bit odd not having a DJ to kinda move things along. We had worked out with Carol when we first arrived at LSS that we would dance, then toast, then food.

Our dance was to (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams. We couldn't decide on a song so we went for the cheese factor lol. Unfortunately Jeff didn't tell me the song lasts FOREVER so when there was finally a break we had Chris turn it off.

weddingetc266.jpg

weddingetc268.jpg

Then Jeff welcomed everyone to our reception. He was so good at announcements he basically kicked Chris out and took over for the rest of the afternoon which worked out great.

We headed for our table and got ready to toast. The servers brought around the mimosas for everyone to toast with. They just gave us pre-filled glasses so our toasting glasses didn't get used. Oh well. We used them the next week on Valentines Day with some champagne a friend gave us.

weddingetc273.jpg

Krystin gave the first speech and started bawling. Some of her history of our relationship was a bit off, but it made for a great speech lol

weddingetc275.jpg

Then Rob went. All I remember is a story about tying one of the boys to the roof of the car growing up hahahaha.

weddingetc276.jpg

cheers!

Then we got to have food! Julian took me through the buffet and loaded up my plate with yumminess. He then went back and got me some cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread, as well as a drink.

weddingetc278a.jpg

bacon chicken, horseradish beef, delicious risotto ::drool::

weddingetc287a.jpg

soup and bread!

weddingetc289.jpg

Jeff with a sweat-tini

weddingetc281.jpg

view from our table

We ate and socialized for a bit. I wandered over to the cake to take a look at it and get some pictures with my camera and everyone ended up following me. Carol asked if we wanted to cut the cake and then while the servers were plating it we could do the father/daughter mother/son dance. So we agreed.

weddingetc293a.jpg

CAKE! I loved it so much!

weddingetc297.jpg

weddingetc303a-1.jpg

weddingetc307.jpg

Julian is in most of our pics since he was telling us what to do and giving us napkins etc.

weddingetc311.jpg

The bottom layer that was served at the reception was red velvet with butter-cream filling.
Our top layer that resides in our freezer is almond cake with Baileys. Can't wait until February!
My mom packaged up all the white fondant balls from around the base of the cake and I took them along on our min-moon after the wedding. She had eaten one while wrapping up the cake and said it was hard, but all the ones I had were nice and soft and really delicious!

12407_707878034596_1514184_42277207_6662619_n.jpg

taking the cake away to be cut

Then we danced. We decided to have one dance and then four of us danced to Because You Loved Me by Céline Dion
12407_707879067526_1514184_42277232_6488563_n.jpg

Jeff dancing with his mom

weddingetc342.jpg

Me and Dad

weddingetc346.jpg

I had some bustle issues after the dance, but Krystin came to the rescue.

weddingetc355.jpg

weddingetc360.jpg

Everyone enjoyed looking at the photos from our parents weddings.

Up Next: Scuba Mickey!

everything looks amazing! And I love that you have pictures of the food, the bacon chicken looks delicious!

looking forward to hearing more.

Hi Becky!

I love the new photos you posted! Especially the yummy food! yay! :cool1:

LSS looks like it was really great! We considered it as a venue too, but decided to go with ADH, but your photos are making me love LSS even more!

It looks like you guys had a great time. I look forward to more details and photos!

Btw, do you happen to have any photos of your pre-reception? I think I remember from your PS report that you decided to go with the cheese displays, right? Did you find that it was enough for your guests? (I realize you may not have had a chance to actually see it, but hopefully others commented that they loved it ;) ).

thanks!
Leah

everything looks amazing! And I love that you have pictures of the food, the bacon chicken looks delicious!

looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks! I wish I had pictures of the whole buffet spread, but at least I got pics of the important food, mine! lol

Becky that shawdow box is gorgeous! What a fantastic idea!

Thank you!

Hi Becky!

I love the new photos you posted! Especially the yummy food! yay! :cool1:

LSS looks like it was really great! We considered it as a venue too, but decided to go with ADH, but your photos are making me love LSS even more!

It looks like you guys had a great time. I look forward to more details and photos!

Btw, do you happen to have any photos of your pre-reception? I think I remember from your PS report that you decided to go with the cheese displays, right? Did you find that it was enough for your guests? (I realize you may not have had a chance to actually see it, but hopefully others commented that they loved it ;) ).

thanks!
Leah

Hi Leah! Thank you! I believe the first pic in my post about the reception shows the pre-reception food spread. We didn't actually see it ourselves, but it looks cute in the photo!

Beautiful shadow box!

Need more pics!!! Can't wait to see what else you've got.

Thanks! More coming up just for you Tanya lol :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter