Bed for 2 year old not in pack n' play

Another +1 for the Shrunks toddler bed. It will fit in a large checked suitcase, and our now 6yo used it for years of travel.

My kids have absolutely no problem sleeping directly on the floor. My 5 year old did it for over a month when we were switching his and his older brother's rooms. He could have slept on a bed, he chose the floor. If he'll sleep on a mat on the floor, go with that. We just put a comforter down, but if you have a mat he uses for naps at school, go with something like that.
For a while during the toddler years my daughter would sleep on the floor for naps, literally on a folded up comforter surrounded by pillows. We called it her "nest." That was one of the weird phases she went through. I was just grateful she slept at all.
If you are not too skeeved by the hotel floor he may be happy on pillows with a bedspread over them.

No comforters on the beds any more. You'd need to bring your own to put on the floor.

If he's currently all about sleeping on the floor, I'd go ahead and let him, without worrying about getting him a bed option or rails. Maybe a sleeping bag, or bring his favourite comforter from home rolled up in a bag.

Amazon can deliver in one day if there are issues that need solving with sleep, but I'd burn that bridge when I came to it. My sister and I slept on the floor without mattresses, just sleeping bags, for YEARS in hotel rooms. Pretty sure I was still doing it in high school on scout field trips when we'd put six kids in one room to save money. And I've done it since then without too many ill effects. They're super-resilient, and way more flexible and okay with hard-surface sleeping than us stodgy adults. :)

You could rent a toddler bed from A Baby's Best friend abbf.com
THIS!!!

We traveled with my sister and her family in a 2BR at OKW and my niece was only 7 months old at the time. We rented something for the bath tub, a crib, an exersaucer, bouncer and Boppy pillow. It was all in great shape and brought right to our room by bell services. My kids are now 12 and 14, but if I ever needed baby/kids' stuff again, I would HIGHLY recommend ABBF.

We just put ours between us at that age. Once we had 2, each adult would share with 1 kid, with the kid being more towards the center and a line of pillows on their other side.

The sleeping mat on the floor will be comfortable enough for a toddler is he's happy with it. As children, older than a toddler, I remember begging my mom to let us sleep on the floor many times as it just seemed exciting to us! Just a comforter and we were fine - little kids are made of 'rubber' LOL. Now it would kill me!! :faint:

We just put ours between us at that age. Once we had 2, each adult would share with 1 kid, with the kid being more towards the center and a line of pillows on their other side.

If my family ever tried that, no one would get any sleep. My almost 2 year old has to be in his own bed or else he thinks it's time to party. It's been like that since he was born. He will only sleep at night if he's alone in his crib. He does ok sharing a room on vacation because he's so wiped out at the end of the day, but our entire family's sleep situation improved immensely at home when we put him in his own room at 4 months old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter