bed rails / crib

CynJ

Caffeinated Insomniac
I am taking disneymom3's advice and reposting this question here...

Not having kids of my own....would a two year old need a crib or bed rails?

and do most of the resorts have both ?

The resorts have pack n plays as cribs. Most 2 yo children would have a tough time getting comfortable in these. My DD is small for her age but she was even cramped in one at that age. All the resorts should have bed rails which can be requested at check in. You could always the resort you'll be staying at to confirm. I also know there are a few companies near Disney that rent full size cribs and will deliver to the resorts. You should be able to search here under "crib rental" to get more info.

Finally, it really depends on what the child is sleeping in at home as to what's best. I wouldn't wait until vacation to transition from crib to bed.

Hope this helps.
:D

I agree with Libbysmom, it really depends on where she is sleeping at home. At 2 my dd was in a bed, but a very low toddler bed. If we were travelling then she would sleep with me, and dh would take the other bed. We probably wouldn't have bothered with a bedrail, but it really depends on the child.

Bev

We requested bedrails when we made our room request for our DD who was 23 months and then 2.5 our trips last year. It's typically a housekeeping item request but I had heard that they are difficult to come by so I made it in advance. We stayed at the Polynesian and the Beach Club. They were waiting in the room when we arrived. The type was Safety First (white plastic with blue mesh.) My DD is tall and she sleeps in a bed however it has wooden bedrails. We have a bedrail on our bed for "visits" from her.

The company in Orlando we have used for all our needs was A Baby's Best Friend www.abbf.com

They are super nice, and everything we have rented from them has been wonderful. We did not want to take chances on the resort being out of what we needed, (in addition to the fact that the resorts only have pack'n plays, not full cribs).

Hope this helps.

very cool!!!! they have everything! :)

Yikes - :eek: I didn't think about a stroller!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter