Beer Mug Token on Dream?

jrapps

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who has already sailed on the returned Dream cruises (8/9 or later) gotten the Beer Mug? Are they still doing the laminated card "token" so you don't have to lug that mug all over the ship? I assume they are but with everything going paperless and touchless, I was starting to wonder.

They offer it on the app as a cruise purchase now. I imagine they have something. But yes beer mug is offered.

These are literally how we have most of our beer mugs... pretty uneconomical way to do it, but-- hey we were drinking. The embedded excuse comes with mug for *free* :drinking1

I guess what I mean is, do they still give you the card when you hand back the mug? Or is the token only digital now?

I have had the beer mug for years and I always just take the token home with me and bring it back for the next cruise. Just wondering if they still use the same system now that things are more touch-less, or if my existing token is basically a worthless piece of paper now.

Unfortunately, we cannot find the beer token we received on our last cruise. If we bring our glass beer mug with us can we have that glass mug replaced when we leave or will we just get a token or card?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, we cannot find the beer token we received on our last cruise. If we bring our glass beer mug with us can we have that glass mug replaced when we leave or will we just get a token or card?

Thank you.
We used to take our mug home with us and bring it back for the next cruise. We have since purchased a second mug so we get the token to bring home with us so we don't have to carry the mug back & forth. It sounds like you might have done the same. But yes... they will give you a mug to take back home.

We still have a card from a cruise in 2019. Will it work for a 2022 cruise? I assume they will see it’s not charged to our account and we lost out by not trading it in for the mug on the last day.

We still have a card from a cruise in 2019. Will it work for a 2022 cruise? I assume they will see it’s not charged to our account and we lost out by not trading it in for the mug on the last day.
The tokens never expire. As I mentioned, we have a token and a mug. We keep the mug at home and bring the token to use on the ship. You should't have problem and it's much easier to carry back & forth when traveling. 😊

The tokens never expire. As I mentioned, we have a token and a mug. We keep the mug at home and bring the token to use on the ship. You should't have problem and it's much easier to carry back & forth when traveling. 😊
Same. I think I have been using the same beer mug token for 10 years. I already have 2 of the mugs at home, didn't want to carry a 3rd back so I just kept the card and have been bringing it back onboard ever since. They have never once checked my account to see if it was purchased on the same cruise.

We have a beer mug token (somewhere) that has been used on several cruises. Good to know that it’s still accepted.

Is there a list of what tap beers are available on each ship? Trying to decide if I want to get the mug for my next trip.

Is there a list of what tap beers are available on each ship? Trying to decide if I want to get the mug for my next trip.
not sure. I think they change periodically. In Galveston, you could only buy the local beers at port before we sailed away which I thought was interesting. The price is the same if you buy the mug onboard vs. preordering. My DH purchased his once he got onboard and approved of the selection. 😉 We have taken it on 17 cruises... so i would say we definitely got our moneys worth.

Thanks for the info! In addition to the beer mug/token, is DCL still offering beer packages? (like the ones they sold on the upper deck w/the optional cooler bag)

I was told that **technically** you’re supposed to turn in the token at the end of the cruise, get the mug and then pay for it again on the next cruise. In fact, almost no one does that and the cast doesn’t care. Now if they switch from the token to an app thing, we’ll all be paying for mugs again!

this is the response i received from shore side guest services
Wilma (Disney Cruise Line)
Aug 31, 2021, 4:17 PM EDT

Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line.

I would be happy to assist you.

A new refillable beer mug/token should be purchased for each cruise. The token or mug is not to be used on each subsequent cruise.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Have a Wonderful Day.

Wilma
Shoreside Guest Services Associate
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.

Aug 31, 2021, 4:02 PM EDT
Can the tokens we have be turned in for a mug or are the tokens not usable once they have been taken off the ship
Sent from my iPhone

Wilma (Disney Cruise Line)
Aug 31, 2021, 3:20 PM EDT

Thank you for choosing another Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

The option to have the mug refilled at the lesser price is valid only on the sailing in which the beer mug was purchased.

Guests may bring the refillable beer mug on their next sailing; however, it cannot be refilled.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Wilma
Shoreside Guest Services Associate
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.

Aug 31, 2021, 12:22 PM EDT
what is the policy regarding the refillable beer mug? when we purchased it we were told to turn it in at the end of the cruise and bring the token/ticket back for use on additional cruises as the mug was reusable for life. On a recent cruise we were told to be sure to cash in the ticket so we would have the mug to bring home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter