Before the pandemic, how many rolls of TP did you have in the house? How many now?

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Two of us. We used to buy a 12 pack when we got down to three rolls in the cabinet.....(not counting the two rolls in each of our three bathrooms). So about 15 rolls normally.

We were able to buy a 12 pack a month ago. We had 11 rolls on hand (not counting the two rolls in each of our three bathrooms). So 23 in the cabinet, down to 16 now.

Before the pandemic was didn't understand normal sized families that bought 96 roll cases from Costco. After the pandemic, I really didn't understand normal sized families buying multipe 96 roll case.

We always had a 24 pack come every other month via our Amazon subscriptions. Naturally, Amazon said they were out once this thing started. I looked for some at the beginning and found a pack. I went last week and also managed to score a pack. So, if I had to take a guess...we probably have about 30 rolls right now.

Whatever size the Target brand is, we usually had 1.5 of them in the house. I am the only female, and we are all always gone, so it lasted for a long time... Maybe 2 months?

I buy 2 or 3 -18 packs a month. One lasts about 12 days. There are 12 of us and 4 bathrooms. There is no shortage of TP here in Honduras and I buy as I normally do. If this last too much longer I might consider buying extras. As it stands now people can only shop one day a week (based on the last number of your ID) so things are staying as well as stock as can be expected in an poorly run poor country.

We have three bathrooms and normally I'd scramble to remember to pick up more toilet paper when I had to take the last roll from one of them to put in another that didn't have any. I'd buy it in 12 packs and put 4 rolls in each. Right now there are probably 2 rolls in each, in addition to what's left in the holders and I have a 12 pack in the hatch of my car.

I usually buy a 12 pack of the double rolls and replace it the next time I think about it after I've opened it and unloaded it into the bathroom cupboards - so that I usually have a spare package on a shelf in the garage. I was part way through a package so I had bought another package right before this whole thing was erupting. I'm just about to open it. With just the two of us, double rolls last quite a while. I don't consider myself a hoarder or anything, but that's the kind of thing (along with shampoo, toothpaste, etc.) I buy ahead when I go to a store like Walmart or Target - which I just don't do that often. My habits didn't change a bit and I was sure glad I didn't have to join the toilet paper fray!

Last edited:
I always buy the Members Mark multi packs from Sam’s Club, so 45 rolls. Before the quarantining started, I had about 15 rolls left. Right now we have 8 regular rolls and 12 commercial-sized rolls that I happened to find at Staples online. That should hold us over for quite a while. :teeth:

I always buy the Members Mark multi packs from Sam’s Club, so 45 rolls. Before the quarantining started, I had about 15 rolls left. Right now we have 8 regular rolls and 12 commercial-sized rolls that I happened to find at Staples online. That should hold us over for quite a while. :teeth:
Did you buy the commercial size holder too & mount in by the toilet? 🤣

We buy them 36 rolls at a time from Costco. So, generally somewhere between 12-36. Sometimes, I'll have two of those packages (72 rolls) if I caught a sale. 36 rolls lasts us 6+ months if it's my husband and I. 3 if my son is here (as he now is). LOL.

We always buy at costco, then when we get down to a few rolls we restock. We were starting to run low when all this started and everyone started panic buying. We've since found it in stock at costco again so were good.

We usually buy it when Target or Shoprite have Scott on sale. They tend to have sales that are two large packs must be purchased. We had 70 some odd roles when this started as DH recently hit a Shoprite sale. We have not, and will not need to buy any for a while. They had Scott at Costco when I went but I left it for those in need.

I'm pretty sure that the pack we usually buy has 36 rolls. About a week before the craziness started, I bought a pack because I thought we might be low but had forgotten to check before we went to the store. We came home to find that we had 12 full rolls left plus the two partial rolls that were in the bathrooms, so we started with 48+ rolls of tp. We now have 41 full rolls plus the 2 in-use rolls. Hopefully, there will be plenty of tp by the time we need it again. :)

There were 3 of us in the house and 9 rolls of toilet paper. Now there are 2 of us (DS is now living overseas) and we have 27 rolls of TP. Could've got another 12 pack tonight at Kroger but didn't see the point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter