Before the pandemic, how many rolls of TP did you have in the house? How many now?

Did you buy the commercial size holder too & mount in by the toilet? 🤣
Nope. I figured if it came down to using them, I’d just put them on the toilet tank lid and lean them against the wall. Desperate times call for desperate measures! The rolls never seem to actually make it onto the holder in the kids’ bathroom anyway!

5 of us. We get at Sam's when they have their yearly sale with increased number of sheets per roll, so we had three full packages of 45 rolls plus one half-pack.

We are down to three full packages.

As I look at the number of sheets (275 vs their normal 235), I wonder....when did rolls get to only have 60-70 sheets per roll (as a regular roll)

Normally by a 12 pack of the super big rolls. With only two of us I. The house and both gone all day, that usually lasts 3 weeks. If the grands come and stay a few days, we need to re buy sooner.

I had probably 6 rolls left in the closet and a roll in each bathroom when this started. I bought a 12 pack and figured that would last. But two of the kids mentioned not being able to find any and I found some so bought them each a pack and grabbed an extra. So right now, probably still have 18 or 20 rolls. Not sure exactly.

Before the pandemic, how many rolls of TP did you have in the house? How many now?

Luckily we had just bought a mega package (45 rolls) when all this started. However, there are 4 adults/2 bathrooms here. We're doing OK at this point.

We normally have the Costco 30-roll pack (previously Kirkland now Charmin), and I would purchase more when we got down to the last inner package of 6. I have 1 single roll left from our "pre-pandemic" purchase. I have 2 packages of 6 rolls of Charmin, and a 12 pack of Charmin that were purchased over the course of all of this or 24 rolls total. But yesterday we went to Costco, and the main aisles, the right aisle was full of paper towels and the left aisle was full of Kirkland TP packs. So after staring at it for a few minutes, we decided to get one. So today, we have a lot, but until last night we didn't really have much more than usual.

3 of us
We had about 20
Now we are breaking open the 12 pack and then that's it!!
Ds2and dil have a Costco 36 pack.
I have put in my mother's day and bday request from them, some tp!

Two of us. We used to buy a 12 pack when we got down to three rolls in the cabinet.....(not counting the two rolls in each of our three bathrooms). So about 15 rolls normally.

We were able to buy a 12 pack a month ago. We had 11 rolls on hand (not counting the two rolls in each of our three bathrooms). So 23 in the cabinet, down to 16 now.

Before the pandemic was didn't understand normal sized families that bought 96 roll cases from Costco. After the pandemic, I really didn't understand normal sized families buying multipe 96 roll case.

I'd buy two 24 packs every 3 months, for the 3 of us. They were the regular size rolls, single ply, I think (Cottonelle); usually one the first month, then one the second, and none the third.

Right now, I have 24 mega mega rolls (that equal 108 regular rolls), 10 mega rolls (equal 40 regular), 18 mega rolls (equal 72 regular) and 8 regular rolls (that are in DS's bathroom, so won't be used up until the end of summer, at least.) The mega rolls will last probably 30-35 weeks, maybe. Not brand picky on these right now, as they are a mix of Cottonelle, Charmin and Northern. LOL

Never more than 9 mega rolls. There are 3 of us. We don't use much TP. I'm the only female and we use flushable wipes for #2.

I bought a costco pack of TP (first time ever) 6 weeks ago. I gave away a 6 pack to a neighbor. Still have 23 rolls left. It's probably going to last us 6 more months.

3 ppl and we'd usually buy Scott 20pk every month or two. In Feb when we started getting low, I didn't buy that week because it wasn't on sale. My next shopping trip it was on sale but sold out. Next time in March... everything sold out. So DH bought a couple rolls here and there at deli's and 7-11s as he saw them.

We have maybe a dozen rolls left. Our usage is very conservative now, lol.

We always get Kirkland and restock once we’re in the last package. I would buy more but I really don’t want to stand in line to spend money.

I have just broken open a Costco bought Andrew 48 pack. At the beginning of all this, a friend from the village asked me if I could get 2 packs of Andrew for her and I bought her a Costco 48 pack on the basis that it doesn’t go off and she has room to store it. I gave it to her but a few days later she said that she had given 32 rolls away. Initially, I was a little miffed and thought her rather ungrateful and that she should have at least offered them back to me. I had to remind myself that gifts are given unconditionally. Having said that, if she asks me to buy more loo roll for her anytime soon, she can get on her proverbial bicycle. 😂
Whoever thought that a thread about loo roll would be so much fun. Well done OP.

Before all this insanity, we bought the 6 pack of double rolls from Trader Joe's. When we got down to 2 rolls, we would buy more. Fortunately, we had bought extra for some reason right before the shutdown started, so we never really got desperate. But DH couldn't find any TP on the store shelves when he went on his weekly shopping trip (four stores in a row and no luck!), so I started stalking Amazon every day to see what I could find. Bingo! And again! And again! Except the shipplng dates were totally weird -- May? June? So nothing would arrive, and I would have to try to order again. Well, Amazon must have gotten resupplied recently, because today we got 3 packages of TP and tomorrow we're supposed to get 3 more. (Hearing "We're in the Money" playing in the background...) Guess we'll be fine for a long while and so will my parents (Happy Mother's Day!) and the neighbors.

Last edited:
Just two of us and I buy the 20 packs, and we had about 15 left when panic for toilet paper, bottled water, bleach and hand sanitizers began. I have been able to buy one of each of those things since. So I have an unopened 20 pack of tp as well as what is left in the pack I had.

I'll be honest; paper products are not something I keep a running inventory of unlike food. When we are down to 6 or 7 rolls it's time to buy.
I know that a few weeks prior to the shutdown I was looking to buy a large pack (over 20 rolls depending on packaging) and the opportunity was missed several times thus we actually had to buy it during "The Great TP Search". Found a smaller than normal pack (maybe 16 rolls?) @ Target so thank goodness for that. Currently, have 8 rolls available.

There are 3 of us here normally and one is a young teenager who canna see the box of tissues next to her and thus uses TP for anything. Once she set the D/R table with TP as napkins :rotfl2:

Usually have about 48-96 rolls of tp & papertowels. I am a bulk buyer, get mine from Amazon couple times a year. My post office thinks it hilarious when these huge boxes of tp come:P

we live in area that loses power & has flooding of some of the only roads in & out of town so I keep our house stocked on essentials.

Back in Feb, Bjs had their 10 cents discount on gasoline deal and also had coupons for cottenelle, so we bought 2 of the 36 packs. We had a doz or so rolls left floating around in various bathrooms. In about another week or so, we will need to open one of the big packs.

But I did have to hunt for some TP. Not for me, but my sister and brother. My brother (72 ) kept going out to store looking for lysol wipes, TP and hand sanditizer. Since I didn't want him going out anymore than needed. I clicked 8 million times on Amazon and found supplies for them.

There are 3 of us here normally and one is a young teenager who canna see the box of tissues next to her and thus uses TP for anything. Once she set the D/R table with TP as napkins :rotfl2:

Did she add lovely matching table runner?

Don't know - didn't count before and haven't counted lately. We buy the Kirkland's multipack from Costco and I believe we still have two more packs of TP in the garage, so 12 more rolls besides whatever is in our bathrooms right now.

We keep it stacked in a walk in linen closet in our master bath. We always try to keep that stack about waist high. No idea how many rolls that ends up being. We buy 18 packs at Aldi and only needed to buy one pack every other month to keep the stack at that height.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter