Benches We Have Known and Loved - Favorite Spots to Relax in the Parks

I'll take any bench anywhere for people watching!

But I'm an avid scrapbooker, and always looking for pictures to take for new pages themes. I take pics of my DGD on all kinds of benches all around Disney and scrapbook them in with the trip memories. They are all so unique - every trip we find a few new ones!

This trip we plan to start with lampposts too.

at the hall of PRESIDENTS in LIBERTY SQUARE there are 3 rockers between the entrance and the exit facing the ye olde christmas shop. I sit there every year and wait for DW who is in the Christmas shop AND JUST SIGHTSEE. :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Many of my favorites have been mentioned. But I must admit that my favorite place and time to "bench sit and people watch" is after Illuminations at Epcot. I sit and watch the crowds go by. Then I can take a leisurely walk back to BWV when WS is almost deserted :)

It's so easy to get caught up in comando tactics. I always have to remind myself (repeat as required):

"I'm on vacation"
"I'm on vacation"
"I'm on vacation"
"I'm on vacation"
"I'm on vacation"

I had some wonderful times just sitting a relaxing.

MK-the bench right across from Pineapple floats, no time to walk-just swallow.

EPCOT-the tables in the back area of France near the deserts-see above.

MGM-The fountain, yea near the ice cream vendor.

AK-not enough to do so we keep moving.

new-yawka "1) Just outside the Main gate - Walkway by the boat ramp - We have a couple of bricks on the Walk around the World and always start our day sitting on the bench near our brick looking across the lagoon and watching the people coming to the MK;"

You may have been to WDW too much when you get up and go MK, then stop and watch everyone walk before you. :rotfl2:

jade1 said:
new-yawka "1) Just outside the Main gate - Walkway by the boat ramp - We have a couple of bricks on the Walk around the World and always start our day sitting on the bench near our brick looking across the lagoon and watching the people coming to the MK;"

You may have been to WDW too much when you get up and go MK, then stop and watch everyone walk before you. :rotfl2:

"Too much"...NOT POSSIBLE! Enough not to worry about being first in the gates...most definitely. :) I am a "Stop and smell the roses" kind of WDW traveler :flower3:, because I can be. Don't see/do it this time...well...what we did do is always great AND if it was that big a deal, we'll make sure we do it NEXT time....there is ALWAYS a next time in my family!! ;)

My family loves WDW as a second home (hence, the joy of "welcome home" from DVC)...I get goose bumps driving through the main gate. There is something magical, though, about watching someone, especially a child, see the main entrance to WDW for the first time! It makes me happy to see so many other people so happy! :earsboy:

new_yawka said:
"Too much"...NOT POSSIBLE! Enough not to worry about being first in the gates...most definitely. :) I am a "Stop and smell the roses" kind of WDW traveler :flower3:, because I can be. Don't see/do it this time...well...what we did do is always great AND if it was that big a deal, we'll make sure we do it NEXT time....there is ALWAYS a next time in my family!! ;)

My family loves WDW as a second home (hence, the joy of "welcome home" from DVC)...I get goose bumps driving through the main gate. There is something magical, though, about watching someone, especially a child, see the main entrance to WDW for the first time! It makes me happy to see so many other people so happy! :earsboy:

Nice. Actually I think most DVC members eventually arrive to a point where "whats the hurry" does happen (esp with AP). We are about there, but its either sleep in or hit everything right away and get outa there. :moped:

DH and I are big people watchers at WDW. I like the old stand by any of the benches right in the centre of Main St.

CarolA said:
At Epcot...
Step one go to Rose & Crown and get a beer
Step two get a bench that looks out on the main walkway.

Step three, drink beer and people watch..

Repeat as needed LOL!
Same for Mexico in WS -
Just substitute a margarita for the beer and I am right there with you!

Or in France …
Substitute a glass of champagne for the beer…

I can keep going!

CarolA said:
At Epcot...
Step one go to Rose & Crown and get a beer
Step two get a bench that looks out on the main walkway.

Step three, drink beer and people watch..

Repeat as needed LOL!
Carol, you took the words right out of my mouth!! :rotfl2:

Any of the benches in the "English garden" behind the shops of the UK, as long as there is not a band playing at the time. A great, quiet place to sit and relax and it is just so beautiful.

My favorite by far is sitting on a bench at MGM - just before you get to the Chinese Theater. Especially later in the evening, with the lights and the music... ahhhhh I feel it right now... A second favorite is on Main Street at MK by the Bakery. I love to see the reactions of kids (young & old) as they experience Disney... :goodvibes

Sitting on the dock at Poly in the evening watching the castle and watching the fish eat the crackers we threw them. The very first time was in Mar 1971 with my bride of 7 months.

Not a bench per se, but one place I love to relax is at the tables behind the Dawa bar in the AK, just sitting and listening to the African music. It helps if I've got a Rum Runner in my hand , too!

Bench by reflecting pool in France.

Bench under trees by Dumbo/Pinocchio Haus. I like it for sentimental reasons but it's gotta be one of the best people watching spots, too.

Train station MK, upstairs in the shade overlooking all of Main Street. Technically not a bench but chairs and tables. What an awesome view of the excitement and castle. They're the best seats in the Kingdom for Wishes and the parade to boot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter