Benches We Have Known and Loved - Favorite Spots to Relax in the Parks

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
Now for something a bit different. I am sure that you guys being DVC members you are experts at the parks.

No, this thread is not about rides or attractions, it's about what are you favorite spots in the parks to relax. Do you have a favorite bench to sit down, sip a soda and watch humanity go by?

Then share it here!

Outside TOT on the benches by the coffee wagon is one, another good one is by the American adventue in Epcot, at mk the benches on the second floor that overlook Main Street if they are not crowded and my ALL TIME FAVORITE is in Epcot by the living seas I just sit and listen to the "surf" and totally relax.

Squid

In the MK, on the way over to Adventureland, there is a bench back by Sleepy Hollow. It is cool and shady, even on the hottest day. Since we usually go when it's hot, any shady bench is like a treat straight from God. :love: :cheer2:

My favorite is the rocking chairs in front of Tony's, where you can watch people enter and see the castle for the first time. Also, the rocking chairs on the porch by Peco's Bills in Frontierland-it's got the best backround music there. In Epcot, I love the benches on the Canada side of R&C, nice shady area to watch the world go by. Also, the benches by the fountain in France where you can listen to the water and the backround music while you watch people go by.

I like to sit in the bakery that overlooks the fountain in Epcot and listeto/watch the fountain do its thing.

I like to sit on the wall or the benches over in Liberty Square under the big tree with the 13 lanterns.

I like the tables over near The Plaza restaurant in the MK, on the right at the end of Main Street.

I pretty much liek to sit on any bench in the WS in Epcot and watch people. I enjoy it more in the evening...to me, Epcot is a totally different park in the evening.

I love sitting outside the toyshop in "England" in the WS when the band isn't playing. My children love to play in the hedge maze and I love to just sit and hide with them for a while.

Aloha!

I love to sit in the courtyard behind the shops in the UK/EPCOT. I pretend I'm back in England for just a bit! It's great when deserted but also fun when British Invasion plays! We have so much fun singing along, closing our eyes, imagining......

Sad for us, some of our favorite 'secret' places to sit in the MK have become smoking areas. Nothing personal to our DVC smoking neighbors, but for us, it totally ruins our experiece.

~Rose~

We like to relax in the shibumi-type gargen in Japan - love the little water drum feature. We also like just sitting on the "big" steps in Japan for people watching - off to the side, of course. We also like the maze area in the UK. France is good, too. Oh - and back by the waterfall in Canada. This is refreshing when it's hot.

Epcot has lots of little nooks and crannies that we like to explore. We find something new (to us) on almost every trip.

DisFlan

We liked sitting on the benches at AK at the petting zoo area (I forget the official name of the area, you take a train over to it). This was a wondeful place to take a break while the kids petted the animals.

DJ

iankh said:
...watch humanity go by?
There are a lot of places - especially in MK - where I'm not so sure it's HUMANITY I'm watching! :rotfl2:

But just watching is certainly entertaining...sometimes cute, sometimes humorous, sometimes like watching WWF...but always entertaining.

When we're at Epcot and DD3goingon23 is crashed in the stroller, a shady bench overlooking the lake can be the best part of the day.

I think iankh must be the "lazy guy" from the 2005 WDW planning video. ;)

At Epcot...
Step one go to Rose & Crown and get a beer
Step two get a bench that looks out on the main walkway.

Step three, drink beer and people watch..

Repeat as needed LOL!

tjkraz said:
I think iankh must be the "lazy guy" from the 2005 WDW planning video. ;)

I loved that lazy guy. He took my kind of vacation!

westjones said:
We liked sitting on the benches at AK at the petting zoo area (I forget the official name of the area, you take a train over to it). This was a wondeful place to take a break while the kids petted the animals.

DJ

Rafiki's Planet Watch - This is one of my favorites as well since the kids really enjoy the train ride over, we can get a snack and sit in the cool shade for a bit and its "off the beaten track" so not very crowded.

My DW and I like the covered deck down at the bottom of the rose garden in MK. It is to the right of the castle as you go up main street, turning toward tomorrw land. There is a pool of water the the deck overlooks. Nice in the fall when it is not brutally hot.

In AK, right after you cross over the bridge there is a Coke station (that has been closed everytime I've been there) with a sitting area down the steps that looks back over the bridge and the river. Sorry I can't explain it better but it is very nice and shaded and I find it very peaceful.
In EPCOT there are just soooo many places I've found, and probably just as many I still have to discover. Last trip we found a nice area in the higher levels of the koi ponds. I love the sound of trickling water.

Three spots come to mind:

1) Just outside the Main gate - Walkway by the boat ramp - We have a couple of bricks on the Walk around the World and always start our day sitting on the bench near our brick looking across the lagoon and watching the people coming to the MK;

2) Walkway between Space Mountain and Toontown Fair. ussually light traffic area. You can sit and watch the train, the people and generally get a rest from the crowds.

3) Wooden walkway along river at Frontier Land/Main Street USA. The smell of Turkey legs (and the taste) can be nicely enjoyed relaxing by the river side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter