Best all-around TS at a resort/Disney Springs?

ladyfreckles

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm planning on going down to Orlando for a few days but don't have enough time to actually go to any of the parks. However, I need my Disney fix and was wondering where the best restaurants are that don't require a park ticket. I was looking into resort restaurants or even Disney Springs. When I say "best" I look for the theme of the restaurant, quality of food, what you get for the price, and atmosphere. I do like to drink so a nice cocktail menu is always appreciated as well. Thanks in advance for recommendations! I'd love to hear where YOU go to when in Disney!

Hello! I'm planning on going down to Orlando for a few days but don't have enough time to actually go to any of the parks. However, I need my Disney fix and was wondering where the best restaurants are that don't require a park ticket. I was looking into resort restaurants or even Disney Springs. When I say "best" I look for the theme of the restaurant, quality of food, what you get for the price, and atmosphere. I do like to drink so a nice cocktail menu is always appreciated as well. Thanks in advance for recommendations! I'd love to hear where YOU go to when in Disney!
I really enjoyed Topolinos at the Riviera resort. If you're able to do a breakfast, you can get some character interaction to really get the Disney vibe. The food is delicious. We only had breakfast there, but I'm sure dinner is just as good if not better. Lots of Flavor to everything. When done eating, you can look out over a couple of the parks and see em from 10 stories up. You could even head down to the skyliner and go to the outside of the parks without going in, just for fun. 😊.

I really enjoyed Topolinos at the Riviera resort. If you're able to do a breakfast, you can get some character interaction to really get the Disney vibe. The food is delicious. We only had breakfast there, but I'm sure dinner is just as good if not better. Lots of Flavor to everything. When done eating, you can look out over a couple of the parks and see em from 10 stories up. You could even head down to the skyliner and go to the outside of the parks without going in, just for fun. 😊.
^ This was exactly what I was going to suggest. Character meals aren't exactly known for good food but this is the exception. SO good. I would go without characters. Not sure if/when they'll change but I kinda like the modified character format where you can see them, wave, take a distanced selfie etc. but don't have them at your table. And you can also order more than one entree. I think they serve "breakfast" up to noon or 12:30 so could turn it into more of a brunch if desired ... and there is a steak dish on the menu if breakfast foods aren't your thing. There are breakfast cocktails as well. :) A skyliner tour would be fun too. It's almost a ride in and of itself and could tour other resorts and the Boardwalk area, go into the shops etc. for a great Disney fix. Dinner there is also outstanding (no characters) and I believe it has a view of both MK and EP fireworks from the rooftop deck (not necessarily from your table).

Speaking of fireworks, dinner at California Grill timed with the fireworks could be pretty great. And if you're a fan of cocktails, could do a pre (or post) dinner monorail crawl and check out the lounges in the Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian (note monorail not currently operating at Poly so would have to go to TTC and walk)

At Disney Springs there are a lot of good options - my faves are Boathouse, Wine Bar George, and Raglan Road.

Not currently open, but if Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fish open, dinner at either and a stroll around the Boardwalk and checking out those resorts could be nice.

Have fun!!

Our favorite non park restaurant right now is Wine Bar George at Disney Springs. Food and service is always excellent. I am not a wine drinker but they have nice cocktails. And you can walk around DS to get some disney vibes.

Limited time and no park access? Just go to DS’s website and pull up the restaurant section. Pick the type of foods you like best and go for it. Not being within the bubble they have a bigger audience to please and in general the food is superior.

On our last trip (Pre-Covid) we enjoyed Homecomin and Wolfgang Puck Grill in DS. Yachtsman Steakhouse is also a favorite when it reopens.

I'm not a huge fan of Disney Springs but there certainly are a lot of restaurants. I think at Disney Springs the best food is at Boathouse. I'd probably eat at one of the resorts if I was looking for more of a Disney atmosphere. Lunch options are a little more limited but I might consider Beaches & Cream and walk around the Crescent Lake area or Grand Floridian Cafe.

Has anyone been to Paddlefish? A friend asked about it and I had to admit I’ve never been.
Nice predominately seafood restaurant. The seafood boil makes a great messy meal, lobster guacamole is made table side and worth every bite. In my opinion, the cornmeal fried lobster isn’t worth the money unless you just want a something new to talk about and at that price I’d prefer to be silent. We didn’t discover the eatery until our last visit and wish we had earlier. Will definitely return and if the weather is right sit upstairs instead of down. Great views of the lake.

My go to recommendation for these scenarios is Sanaa. I love the food and akv is one of the best “destination” resorts to explore (it has a freaking savanah).

I'm not a huge fan of any Disney Springs restaurants. I really enjoyed the irish dancing and music at Raglan Road but the food both times we went was just so-so. Kept hearing amazing things about the Boathouse and the food was nice in a just-like-every-other-high-end-seafood-place-I've-ever-been-to way, but I've never been to a more crowded and noisy restaurant and it really detracted from the experience that DH and I had to literally shout at each other across the table to be heard. I do like Jaleo, but it sounds like you are a party of one, and Jaleo is best enjoyed as a group so you can sample lots of things.

So with that said, I prefer disney resorts. The resort themes are always so fun and add a lot to the experience. Based on what you've said, I might recommend:
Sanaa: Safari views and excellent bread service, but entrees aren't all that great.
Topolino's breakfast/brunch: What could be more Disney than breakfast with Mickey Mouse? And unlike a certain CR restaurant, the food at Topolino's is incredible.
Geyser Point: Great food, great water views in a beautifully themed resort, good prices, no ADR needed, and if you go on the later side for dinner, you can watch the electrical water pageant.
California Grill: The most expensive option on my list, but the view of MK (sunset if you go early, fireworks eat late and are going after July 1) are incredible!

I would add, O'Hana will reopen on July 9 so we don't yet know if the revamped family style menu will be any good, but it does have a pretty awesome theme. And in terms of cocktails, nothing matches the Lapu Lapu for fun factor (served in a pineapple) and it tastes great too.

Consider eating at Toledo - Tapas, Steak & Seafood, located in the Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
This restaurant is currently closed, but hopefully will be opening soon as part of Walt Disney World's phased reopening.

The restaurant's design is impressive with its décor inspired by surrealist art and the 1930s avant-garde - notably the Spanish artist Salvador Dali. You will ride the elevator to the top of the Gran Destino Tower to visit this unique rooftop restaurant. The stained glass vaulted ceiling are beautiful, as is the view from the windows that line the side walls of the restaurant. Large olive trees inside the restaurant add to the unique character of the space.

When my family last dined at Toledo we enjoyed several of the small tapas plates as appetizers, then flavorful entrees of chicken with rice and beef steak with potatoes, and we finished the meal with the signature dessert called The Toledo Tapas Bar. Toledo has an extensive wine list and our server was knowledgeable in suggesting recommendations for wines to match our meals. Overall, the service was excellent.

To enjoy more of the theming at this location, visit the beautiful Dahlia Lounge, which is on the same floor as the Toledo restaurant, and Barcelona Lounge, a short flight of stairs down from lobby.

Bring your camera -- you will want to take pictures!

By all means give The Boathouse a try or Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming. Both excellent .

Our favorite non park restaurant right now is Wine Bar George at Disney Springs. Food and service is always excellent. I am not a wine drinker but they have nice cocktails. And you can walk around DS to get some disney vibes.

This. Wine Bar George is fantastic and I feel like nobody ever talks about it compared to the other DS restaurants (Homecomin is overrated to me, I thought the famous chicken was underseasoned tbh).

This. Wine Bar George is fantastic and I feel like nobody ever talks about it compared to the other DS restaurants (Homecomin is overrated to me, I thought the famous chicken was underseasoned tbh).
Ditto on homecomin. I live in the south and while I am not a native southerner, I've had authentic southern cuisine. Homecomin isn't bad, the food is good, but it is overrated and their service is not always top notch. Same for boathouse. Boathouse food is good but it's run like a TGIFridays.

My vote probably Sanaa at AKL...atmosphere, price pretty good...not sure about cocktail menu since I haven't imbibed there.

I would rather BOMA, but still closed at this point.

I also like the Grand Floridian Cafe for ambience and much more reasonable then the other GF options.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter