Best Covid Test Sites in Anaheim for Results to allow you back into Canada

What is the best choice with results within the 72 hour window to travel home?

• Carbon Health - Travel Clearance - NAAT (results by 2pm next day) ($165usd)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CVS ($135)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This looks amazing. That being said, can you please let us know how this goes? I am not sure anyone has heard of them before and if this is legit, they are going to be overrun by travellers!

It looks like they have some Yelp reviews?

I booked this for 8:30am 2 days before we fly out. Way easier than anything else!

We had our return testing yesterday (1 hour NAAT) at City Hall. Everything went very smoothly, caught an Uber there and back. One word of caution though, read your report closely, checking all the details. I booked us at 4:45pm so we were a couple of hours inside the 72 hour mark for our 2:30pm flights on Saturday. When I received our reports (negative!) the stated test time was way off. They reported us testing at 10:30 in the morning which would have resulted in us being turned away at the airport. I emailed them and they were great about getting the reports corrected and resent to me. It was a stressful hiccup though and had I missed the error we wouldn’t be able to fly home so just a heads up to everyone to be diligent and read your results report closely!

We had our return testing yesterday (1 hour NAAT) at City Hall. Everything went very smoothly, caught an Uber there and back. One word of caution though, read your report closely, checking all the details. I booked us at 4:45pm so we were a couple of hours inside the 72 hour mark for our 2:30pm flights on Saturday. When I received our reports (negative!) the stated test time was way off. They reported us testing at 10:30 in the morning which would have resulted in us being turned away at the airport. I emailed them and they were great about getting the reports corrected and resent to me. It was a stressful hiccup though and had I missed the error we wouldn’t be able to fly home so just a heads up to everyone to be diligent and read your results report closely!
Thanks for the tip!!! need to make sure it is all correct last thing you need is a hiccup like that.

I need to know! Has anyone successfully gotten their NAAT/PCR testing done at the CVS on W. Katella Ave? If yes, how long did it take for you to get your results? Did you have a rental car? Uber? Taxi? Did they ask for US photo ID?

We are looking at alternatives to the $150 tests at the Covid Clinic at City Hall. Our plan is to rent a car ($80USD) from the Enterprise at Paradise Pier Hotel and then drive to the CVS to get the drive-thru test. This is much cheaper than paying $600USD for a family of 4 to get testing at the Covid Clinic. However, our main concern is how long the results take to come back.

For more info, our flight departs SNA at 1pm and we arrive in Vancouver at 3:55pm on November 14th. Would a 12pm test on November 12th be cutting it too close?

Thanks for any advice/recommendations!

I need to know! Has anyone successfully gotten their NAAT/PCR testing done at the CVS on W. Katella Ave? If yes, how long did it take for you to get your results? Did you have a rental car? Uber? Taxi? Did they ask for US photo ID?

We are looking at alternatives to the $150 tests at the Covid Clinic at City Hall. Our plan is to rent a car ($80USD) from the Enterprise at Paradise Pier Hotel and then drive to the CVS to get the drive-thru test. This is much cheaper than paying $600USD for a family of 4 to get testing at the Covid Clinic. However, our main concern is how long the results take to come back.

For more info, our flight departs SNA at 1pm and we arrive in Vancouver at 3:55pm on November 14th. Would a 12pm test on November 12th be cutting it too close?

I’m using CVS next week and can report back after that (the 30th) from what I’ve heard, it’s like Walgreens where you drive thru and show your passport for ID etc

Does CVS cost money? I thought it was free like Walgreens??

I think it is only free at a few locations. Most locations cost $139 each (from what I have read). That's why most people are scheduling to be tested at Walgreens.

From their website.
Cost and Payment
Is there an out-of-pocket cost for patients with insurance?

Patients with insurance should not have any out-of-pocket costs for a covered COVID-19 test, but you should check with your health plan to confirm before scheduling a test. If you have health insurance, you must bring your card with you to the test site. For patients who test negative for COVID-19 through a rapid test and come into the clinic, the clinic visit should be considered part of your test by your health plan. You likely will not have any out-of-pocket costs for the in-clinic visit, or for testing to further evaluate COVID-like symptoms, but you should check with your health plan to confirm coverage. You will be responsible for any patient cost share as determined by your insurance. If active coverage cannot be located, your test will be submitted to the federal program for the uninsured for payment.

Is there an out-of-pocket cost for patients without insurance?
If you do not have insurance, we will ask you for your Social Security number (card not needed), driver's license or state ID to submit the cost of your test to the federal program for the uninsured. If you do not have insurance and are using the federal program for the uninsured to cover your COVID-19 test, the in-clinic visit will be covered at no additional cost to you; however, any additional point of care lab testing will not be covered under the uninsured fund.

Can I pay for the test instead of submitting to insurance or the uninsured program?
Yes, you can choose to pay for your test with a debit/credit/FSA/HSA card with no screening required. The cost for lab testing is $139, which includes $100 for the independent laboratory that processes your test and $39 for your MinuteClinic visit.

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing/voluntary-testing

Last edited:

Don't do CVS. Rent a car and do Walgreens. Just came back Sunday and tested at Walgreens on Thursday (70 hours before flight). Totally free for myself, husband, and 2 kids. Results back in 56 hours. On Tuesday morning I went online and there were at least 7 Walgreens in a comfortable driving distance to Disneyland all with plenty of appointment times available. We actually did our tests in Huntington Beach since we decided to go there on our off day and took advantage of the car rental. It was easy and FREE!

Don't do CVS. Rent a car and do Walgreens. Just came back Sunday and tested at Walgreens on Thursday (70 hours before flight). Totally free for myself, husband, and 2 kids. Results back in 56 hours. On Tuesday morning I went online and there were at least 7 Walgreens in a comfortable driving distance to Disneyland all with plenty of appointment times available. We actually did our tests in Huntington Beach since we decided to go there on our off day and took advantage of the car rental. It was easy and FREE!

Thank you for the advice! Did you just book the regular PCR test, not the Rapid ID?

Thank you for the advice! Did you just book the regular PCR test, not the Rapid ID?
Yes, we booked the PCR. They don't have the rapid one in California. When you make your appointment online, use your hotel address and use your passport numbers where it says to enter "state id". Also click California as your state since it won't let you put Canada. Then when we went to the test, we just showed them our passports to prove our identity. They had all of our info already since I had entered it online when making the appt. I was nervous about it working out, but had read a ton of comments from other travellers before going. It all worked out great. They tell you results will be back between 24 and 72 hours. Ours were back in 56, and I read numerous reports of others back around 30 or 40 hours. The results came back as an email with an official lab report. Enjoy your trip!

Yes, we booked the PCR. They don't have the rapid one in California. When you make your appointment online, use your hotel address and use your passport numbers where it says to enter "state id". Also click California as your state since it won't let you put Canada. Then when we went to the test, we just showed them our passports to prove our identity. They had all of our info already since I had entered it online when making the appt. I was nervous about it working out, but had read a ton of comments from other travellers before going. It all worked out great. They tell you results will be back between 24 and 72 hours. Ours were back in 56, and I read numerous reports of others back around 30 or 40 hours. The results came back as an email with an official lab report. Enjoy your trip!
I'm looking now and there are only appointments a few days ahead, is that right? Should I look online the day before or 2 days before I need the test? I had something else lined up but it didn't work out so it looks like we are going to Walgreens route.

I'm looking now and there are only appointments a few days ahead, is that right? Should I look online the day before or 2 days before I need the test? I had something else lined up but it didn't work out so it looks like we are going to Walgreens route.
When I looked, it only showed me appointments 2 days ahead. So on Tuesday morning when we woke up, I booked our appointments for Thursday at 2pm. ( our flight left at 1pm on Sunday). I was looking for a few days prior just to test the system and see what was available, and it seemed that each morning there were plenty of appointments for 2 days ahead. So for example looking Monday morning, lots of appointments for Wednesday available....or Tuesday morning, lots of appointments available for Thursday. As each day went on though, there seemed to be less and less available, so it would be best to book as soon as you wake up, 2 days before you want to test. I hope my rambling makes sense!

This is great info! I’ve decided to rent from PPH and take a quick ride down to the Walgreens on Euclid and get a test there. Free is always good to me!
Are the signs good for the drive through testing? I’m a little anxious about getting that sort of thing correct.

Last edited:
This is great info! I’ve decided to rent from PPH and take a quick ride down to the Walgreens on Euclid and get a test there. Free is always good to me!
Are the signs good for the drive through testing? I’m a little anxious about getting that sort of thing correct.
When we pulled up to Walgreens it was clear where the drive through was. It was attached to the building almost like a restaurant drive through. Don't stress. It was actually super easy. All 4 of us were tested in under 15 minutes from our arrival. We even showed up 45 minutes before our scheduled appointment. Bring your passport with you to confirm your identity and they will ask to see the confirmation email you received when you book your appointment. You stay in the car the whole time. My kids learned forward from the backseat so I could swab them. A couple swirls around each nostril and we were finished!

Tested at Walgreens and currently at 53 hours. Would be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious… our flight is tomorrow at 12:45pm…

Currently in Anaheim, flying home 5:20pm Sunday. We tested with Covid Test Courier at 7am Friday morning, they came to our hotel. Results were emailed to us just after 11pm. Fantastic service, they were great to deal with.

Just wanted to post my experience with Covid testing.

As per other’s recommendations, we booked a PCR test at Walgreens (on Euclid) 70hrs before our flight. The testing itself was done quickly, but unfortunately we did not have a great experience with result times.

On the morning of our flight (63hrs after testing) we still hadn’t received our results. As our flight was departing at 12:45pm and did not want to risk not be able to board, we made the executive decision to book the $199 Rapid NAAT test at the Covid Clinic at City Hall.

The Covid Clinic was quick and results came within 1hr as promised. Pre-booking an appointment was not required, but you do have to book an appointment online when you get there anways. And payment is by credit

In retrospect, we should have just decided to book the $150 24hr test instead of trying to save a few dollars. Trying to save a few bucks actually ended up costing us more and left us stressed and anxious on our last Disney day.

FYI our flight has now boarded and still no results from Walgreens…

That is so stressful! We are going in January and reading all these comments carefully. We definitely don’t want to be stressed on our last day!

Just wanted to post my experience with Covid testing.

As per other’s recommendations, we booked a PCR test at Walgreens (on Euclid) 70hrs before our flight. The testing itself was done quickly, but unfortunately we did not have a great experience with result times.

On the morning of our flight (63hrs after testing) we still hadn’t received our results. As our flight was departing at 12:45pm and did not want to risk not be able to board, we made the executive decision to book the $199 Rapid NAAT test at the Covid Clinic at City Hall.

The Covid Clinic was quick and results came within 1hr as promised. Pre-booking an appointment was not required, but you do have to book an appointment online when you get there anways. And payment is by credit

In retrospect, we should have just decided to book the $150 24hr test instead of trying to save a few dollars. Trying to save a few bucks actually ended up costing us more and left us stressed and anxious on our last Disney day.

FYI our flight has now boarded and still no results from Walgreens…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter