Best low cost dining options at EPCOT

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
Either in world showcase or counter service.. We are on a tight budget this trip folks (& no we wont be at EPCOT for F&W) so any suggestions for a late lunch/early dinner counter service type meal around $10 per person. Obiously this means TS is impossible. Suggestions?

Our cheap go to options are Katsura Grill, Tangeriene Cafe, Yorkshire Fish & Chips, and Sunshine Seasons. Honestly at Katsura I generally get a kids meal because it's the same food just smaller portions. The platter at Tangeriene Cafe is shareable, you can add on another side and it would still be under $20 for two people. Remember water is free at the counter service locations, that alone will save you some dollars.

The sandwiches at Kringla are pretty large and all are under $10. I'd actually recommend splitting one sandwich and getting a couple pastries, I've done that with my sister a few times and it was plenty of food.

Not necessarily. If you get one of the large or mezzo pizzas at Via Napoli, you can come close to that $10 pp, depending on how many people.
Thx! You think they will let 3 adults & 2 small kids share one giant pizza (Without meat - we have veggies) or will they have a mnimum charge per person?

Thx! You think they will let 3 adults & 2 small kids share one giant pizza (Without meat - we have veggies) or will they have a mnimum charge per person?
I might feel embarrased to enter a fancy place like that with 5 people and only order 1 or 2 items..

I might feel embarrased to enter a fancy place like that with 5 people and only order 1 or 2 items..
Personally, I think it's totally fine to only order a mezzo metro pizza at Via Napoli for 5 people. It's a big pizza. They aren't going to require you to order more and I don't think they would frown upon you for not ordering more.

My family likes Les Halles for a smaller meal. You can get a delicious warm ham & cheese croissant for $5 and then a chocolate mousse for $4.75. Also Tangerine Cafe is great and I think the portions are shareable so not everyone need their own meal.

The pizzas are huge and meant for a family or group; no need to be embarrassed!

I've never eaten there but I looked up some images of their pizza - those are huge! I mean, wow. I would think you shouldn't be expected to order more than that. I mean, I'm sure they'd like to sell you some drinks too, but the pizza's are plenty.

If you plan on being near the Gateway, it's only a 10 minute walk to the furthest of the EP area resorts. You can also take a Friendship boat, but walking will be faster.
Picabu at Dolphin comes to mind for your budget restraints, but it's pretty "no frills - other than decent food for the price." No ambiance to speak of. It's a cafeteria. Reminds me of a hospital cafeteria, really. That's not to say I don't like it, just need to keep your expectations in check on what it is.

Fuel, also at Dolphin, has killer sandwiches right around 10 bux (maybe more like 9.) They are worth every penny - I am cheap, but I will always pay for good food. That place is a true hidden gem (a recurring theme at Swolphin restaurants.)
Fuel is bright and airy (tho small.) It has a few long tall tables for eating in, and if they still have the self serv froyo, station, you could stretch that 10/per a bit, if you don't t go crazy and get a small froyo treat as well - at all of the "by the oz" froyo places, it can add up quickly.

Just keep the Ep area resorts in mind. They are just outside of the International Gateway.

I would stick to places that have portions large enough to share. For example, fish and chips outside of the pub are a large portion that my husband and I can share and feel full. The pizza at Via Napoli is large as well. There are some easily shareable meals in Mexico at San Angel too.

Via Napoli is easily shareable, but if you want counter service, Sunshine Seasons is it. Cheap and large portions that are really good. Try it!

There’s a quick service at almost every country that you can eat at for around $10pp. In France, the Les Halles Boulangerie/patisserie has yummy sandwiches that are all priced under $10, as someone mentioned Katsura in Japan would be an option, Mexico has the Cantina de San Angel (adult entrees are about $12 but kids are $8 so it would be close to your $10 each budget), Kringle in Norway, Lotus Blossom in China, the Fish Shop in the UK, there’s a Bbq place in America... lots of choices. And it can be done!! Also, if your family loves popcorn for a snack, head over to the popcorn stand in Canada — a souvenir bucket is $12 and refills are only $2 each and they’ll fill it up at any popcorn stand in any of the parks. It’s a great value to share :)

Disney has festivals nearly year round at Epcot now. When are you going.

We ordered a large pizza and a salad for four of us to share at Via Napoli. I think two of our four people got something other than water. I think the bill was over $10 per person before tip. Look at the cost and calculate your tip in before you go.
I'm not sure how much the salad was. The pizza was delicious, but had it not been super hot outside, we would have needed a larger pizza for our family since dh eats a lot.

Edit: I just looked up the prices for Via Napoli. The 1/2 meter mezzo metro pepperoni pizza is $46, and that's before any drinks, tax, or tip. If you can add on another $16ish dollars to the budget for that day (and drink water), this would be a good option.

I eat kids meals almost all the time when I do QS. Not because I'm trying to save money but just because the adult meals are just too much for me. I agree with others that Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco is easily sharable. I also agree to check out the Dolphin. They have a little soda shop there and the portions are huge. I'm talking probably two adults and a kid could eat off those things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter