Best months to buy resale

SteffyLou

Mouseketeer
i thought i read somewhere that prices usually go up around December. Resale does seem kind of high to me right now. Is there typically a “slower” or better months to buy resale?

Thanks!

Things are going to keep going up, based on the increases in direct sale prices and the strength of the economy. People say that prices actually go down right now due to distressed sellers wanting to get rid of contracts when annual dues are due, but once again, the strength of the economy will lessen that dip.

Contracts have slightly depressed these last few weeks, with many more listings coming on. About now is the best time to buy. The depression in prices is only slight though, and I agree we will see climbing prices (last year resale went up 20-25%) right up to 2021 for the WDW 50th and all the new attractions. That is unless the US economy takes a dive in the interim.
I could see continued price inflation of 10-20% pa for the next 3 years. This sounds a lot now, but by then Riviera will be 250 a point.

Contracts have slightly depressed these last few weeks, with many more listings coming on. About now is the best time to buy. The depression in prices is only slight though, and I agree we will see climbing prices (last year resale went up 20-25%) right up to 2021 for the WDW 50th and all the new attractions. That is unless the US economy takes a dive in the interim.
I could see continued price inflation of 10-20% pa for the next 3 years. This sounds a lot now, but by then Riviera will be 250 a point.

You think the price increase was to boost the starting price for Riviera? Hadn't thought of that before, but after reading this, it does make sense!

You think the price increase was to boost the starting price for Riviera? Hadn't thought of that before, but after reading this, it does make sense!

The prices of everything are of course related, and they certainly want to sell new properties over old, but I don't think this price increase was directly tied to Riviera. Otherwise, all properties, including BLT, would have significantly risen, not just the select few that did. The price increase, in my mind, was based more in what they could get away with - simple supply and demand. There are still too many unknowns between now and when Riviera starts to sell to start planning just for it right now.

There does seem to be a bit of a slight dip in pricing right now, but still way above pricing when I started looking to purchase about 18 months ago. There's a Feb BLT 160 listed at 130 a point right now and it's real tempting. It's been there a few days as well. 3-4 months ago that would have sold in hours and probably been priced at 140.

I only really follow BLT closely, but inventory across the board seems to be a bit up. Last Sept/Oct it was a frenzy, good listings going in less than an hour.

My advice is when the time is right, and the right contract becomes available, just buy it. 5 or even 10 dollars a point is nothing compared to the cost of a trip to WDW, especially spread out over the life of a contract. No one wants to overpay, but I think getting the best contract for you is more important. (Especially if you want one of the harder to come by UY)

I noticed that a fully loaded Feb UY 50 point PVB contract listed with one of the major resalers going for $185 per point. Based on the fact direct pricing is now at $220 ppt, that’s a good deal. Effect of the price increase has started to show. I bought at the Poly before the price increase and am glad I did. Pricing will only continue to go up and wouldn’t surprise me to see increases one or two more times this year the way Disney is has been going.

Last edited:
There does seem to be a bit of a slight dip in pricing right now, but still way above pricing when I started looking to purchase about 18 months ago. There's a Feb BLT 160 listed at 130 a point right now and it's real tempting. It's been there a few days as well. 3-4 months ago that would have sold in hours and probably been priced at 140.

I only really follow BLT closely, but inventory across the board seems to be a bit up. Last Sept/Oct it was a frenzy, good listings going in less than an hour.

My advice is when the time is right, and the right contract becomes available, just buy it. 5 or even 10 dollars a point is nothing compared to the cost of a trip to WDW, especially spread out over the life of a contract. No one wants to overpay, but I think getting the best contract for you is more important. (Especially if you want one of the harder to come by UY)

Don't do it!!! I bought BLT at $100/pt last summer. It didn't have 2017 points, but it had full 2018 and 2019 points. I was worried about ROFR and had a few taken before this one, but one will eventually get through at a low price like mine did. ;) I would recommend waiting to see how the new restrictions affect resale prices before you jump in again. Just some friendly, completely unwarranted advice. :chat:

Don't do it!!! I bought BLT at $100/pt last summer. It didn't have 2017 points, but it had full 2018 and 2019 points. I was worried about ROFR and had a few taken before this one, but one will eventually get through at a low price like mine did. ;) I would recommend waiting to see how the new restrictions affect resale prices before you jump in again. Just some friendly, completely unwarranted advice. :chat:

I’m potentially in the market for a smaller akv addon but can’t figure out if I should buy a contract now or wait and see if the new policy will impact the prices in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter