Best QS salads?

krissyh

DIS Veteran
Asking for in-laws doing the QS DDP. I am not a salad eater. They are staying at POFQ, mid-day breaks and going to all but Epcot.
Thanks

The salads I like...
MK: Columbia Harbor House
HS: Docking Bay 7 (bonus good use of a DDP credit, especially with a drink)
AK: I really like the bowls at Satu'li, not quite a salad. Harambe market has a decent salad. I've been wanting to try salad at Flame Tree BBQ
DS: Don't usually eat salads here
Resorts: Grand Floridian QS has great salads. Riviera has my fav salads and is a good credit use

I like the side salad at Primo Piatto. The salads at Blaze pizza also looked good.

The salads I like...
AK: I really like the bowls at Satu'li, not quite a salad. Harambe market has a decent salad. I've been wanting to try salad at Flame Tree BBQ
Resorts: Grand Floridian QS has great salads. Riviera has my fav salads and is a good credit use
The smokehouse chicken salad is my go-to order at Flame Tree BBQ. I find that it is flavorful and filling and that the cornbread croutons add a unique touch to the salad. The bits and bobs provides a variety of textures and flavors which I enjoy. It doesn't feel like a "throw away" salad at a smokehouse QSR, it feels intentional.

Polite Pig had a good salad. Cosmic Rays is hit or miss with the healthiness of the lettuce; sometimes it’s too much iceberg.

The smokehouse chicken salad is my go-to order at Flame Tree BBQ. I find that it is flavorful and filling and that the cornbread croutons add a unique touch to the salad. The bits and bobs provides a variety of textures and flavors which I enjoy. It doesn't feel like a "throw away" salad at a smokehouse QSR, it feels intentional.
Cornbread croutons you say 🤔 sounds delish!

The salads I like...
Last salad we had a Flame Tree BBQ had nasty chicken. We will still eat there but the salad is off the list.

Last salad we had a Flame Tree BBQ had nasty chicken. We will still eat there but the salad is off the list.

It’s always had nasty chicken as far as I’m concerned.

Huh, maybe the salad is more hit/miss than I was giving it credit for. I am definitely very sensitive to chicken and it can quickly give me "the ick" if it is fatty/ too bland/ tastes too much like chicken. So while I have never had an issue, I also don't doubt that the consistency of a quick service barbeque might be risky. I wonder if you order at the counter (rather than mobile order) if you could swap for a different protein? It wasn't an option in the app for mobile order.

Have you had the same experience with all the chicken at flame tree? Or just the chicken they use for salads? I assumed that they shredded the entrée chicken for the salad, but I wonder if that isn't actually the case.

Huh, maybe the salad is more hit/miss than I was giving it credit for. I am definitely very sensitive to chicken and it can quickly give me "the ick" if it is fatty/ too bland/ tastes too much like chicken. So while I have never had an issue, I also don't doubt that the consistency of a quick service barbeque might be risky. I wonder if you order at the counter (rather than mobile order) if you could swap for a different protein? It wasn't an option in the app for mobile order.

Have you had the same experience with all the chicken at flame tree? Or just the chicken they use for salads? I assumed that they shredded the entrée chicken for the salad, but I wonder if that isn't actually the case.
I have only ever had the salad. Twice it was icky, ie dark, fatty, greasy, or tough. I’m pretty sensitive to chicken though.

Just the shredded chicken. It sure did have that *ick* factor!

How's the "Power salad" at Regal Eagle Smokehouse in Epcot? The picture looks pretty good.

How's the "Power salad" at Regal Eagle Smokehouse in Epcot? The picture looks pretty good.

I'll second the Salads at Polite Pig.

I'll also add the Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad at Primo Piatto. I sat at the Bar at Bar Riva and they brought out the Salad to me served on a real plate with silverware. I felt it was a great value at $14.

That's my go-to order at Regal Eagle. I often order the kid's portion though.

I eat a lot of salads on vacation, here are the ones I can remember:
- PizzeRizzo's antipasto was ok (way too much meat, wound up giving half of the pepperoni etc to my kids)
- I really like Pecos Bill's salad with carnitas, one of my favorites
- Harambe salad at Harambe market was very good
- ABC Commissary's Mediterranean Salad was ok, the farro salad was pretty good
- Trail's End pioneer berry salad is another one of my favorites
- Backlot Express Southwest Salad was ok, I didn't like the texture of the chicken and will probably order it without the chicken if I get it again

Does anyone know if the salads at Regal Eagle are premade? Is it possible to get one without chicken? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the salads at Regal Eagle are premade? Is it possible to get one without chicken? Thanks!
I don't know whether it's pre-made. However, if it is, the chicken isn't part of the pre-made part, since it's also on the menu as an offering without chicken. And I'm glad to know that a PP had the kid's portion-I often prefer to get the kid's portion of foods. Note-for whatever reason, the kids portion is not offered without chicken, only the adult's.

Just a warning about Satuli - I absolutely loved that place. Ate there 1-2 times every trip (9 trips over 6 years). Went last week and it has totally changed. The beef has turned into some not very good sliced pot roast, the healthy salad option much different and not good imho, the potato hash was very undercooked potatoes. They don’t put the boba on anymore. Night and day from previous years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter