Best resort for solo traveller?

Another point.. for me, the mattresses at value resorts are like sleeping on a door. I'll stay at a moderate just for the good night's sleep.

hey love the hard mattress - right now DVC is changing to the softer version - and my back hates 'em.

I'm going solo at CB in July...first solo! Will let you know how it goes there! :)

If budget is a big concern, then I would go with whatever value had the best bus service. I hear that this is Pop Century since it's not sharing with others--not 100% on this, but that's what I understood. I've been lucky traveling solo in that I was at conferences and wasn't paying, so stayed at some nice ones. i'm also at an age now where treating myself is possible. I spend a little more on the resort and a little less on everything else. My latest thing is to forego the car and do buses, monorail, boat. I did this for the first time in February and I loved DME. I also spend less on food and on shopping and try really hard to get the best flight deals. That said, I can afford it at this point, but Disney is a great place no matter what your pocketbook. When you're solo, there is a lot of great people watching and it has totally been my experience that the staff at restaurants go out of their way for you. You will have a great time no matter where you stay. One final thing is that I would stay at a Value if that were necessary rather than offsite (although I've done that for various other reasons over the year). There is nothing like staying on Disney property and being totally immersed in the experience!

I'm going solo at CB in July...first solo! Will let you know how it goes there! :)
CB is a beautiful resort. Enjoy!

If budget is a big concern, then I would go with whatever value had the best bus service. I hear that this is Pop Century since it's not sharing with others--not 100% on this, but that's what I understood. I've been lucky traveling solo in that I was at conferences and wasn't paying, so stayed at some nice ones. i'm also at an age now where treating myself is possible. I spend a little more on the resort and a little less on everything else. My latest thing is to forego the car and do buses, monorail, boat. I did this for the first time in February and I loved DME. I also spend less on food and on shopping and try really hard to get the best flight deals. That said, I can afford it at this point, but Disney is a great place no matter what your pocketbook. When you're solo, there is a lot of great people watching and it has totally been my experience that the staff at restaurants go out of their way for you. You will have a great time no matter where you stay. One final thing is that I would stay at a Value if that were necessary rather than offsite (although I've done that for various other reasons over the year). There is nothing like staying on Disney property and being totally immersed in the experience!
Yes its true, Pop has its own buses and does not share. I agree with you about taking buses (I personally love it) and about totally being immersed in the experience! I would never consider off-site. Disney is just way too much fun.

I stayed at the Yacht club (so consider that, Beach Club, Boardwalk) as a solo traveler and here is why I liked. You can walk to Epcot and HS. Between boardwalk area, Yacht and Beach clubs there are plenty of dining options. And you get all the perks of being onsite.

tell me what you think of CBR - it is not favorite - but since you are a whole lot younger you might enjoy it.

stayed there twice with mother and twice by myself - trying to change my mind - but the walk is just a bit to far for anything. one reason I had first doubts about OKW - it was designed like CBR. like the layout of POR - no matter where you stay to get to the food court/restaurants it is a short walk.

it is beautiful.

tell me what you think of CBR - it is not favorite - but since you are a whole lot younger you might enjoy it.

stayed there twice with mother and twice by myself - trying to change my mind - but the walk is just a bit to far for anything. one reason I had first doubts about OKW - it was designed like CBR. like the layout of POR - no matter where you stay to get to the food court/restaurants it is a short walk.

it is beautiful.

Will do! I will mostly be in the parks, so it shouldn't matter too much for me how far away I am from anything. I also am driving down so I plan to drive everywhere. We will see though!

Will do! I will mostly be in the parks, so it shouldn't matter too much for me how far away I am from anything. I also am driving down so I plan to drive everywhere. We will see though!

that is one of my problems - I refuse to drive to the restaurant or food court or quick service that is at the resort that I am staying at.

it is either near me or I drive offsite to eat.

that is one of my problems - I refuse to drive to the restaurant or food court or quick service that is at the resort that I am staying at.

it is either near me or I drive offsite to eat.

That's understandable. I have a stress fracture in my foot right now so depending on how quickly it heals, I may be using an ECV...so it may not matter anyway! Ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter