• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best weather source?

Ursula J

Mouseketeer
Hi folks--headed to WDW next week (!!!!) and trying to figure out what we'll need. Is there a local news station or other outlet that you think provides the most accurate weather forecast? I'm just looking at weather channel.

WFTV.com or WESH.com are both fine. during this time of year, the predictions are really only good for a couple of days. The timing on when the big weather changes occur will move as it comes closer, and predictions of rain are more sporadic with fronts this time of year compared to the wet season. Be prepared for layers - the cold temps feel colder especially when the sun goes down, though the days heat up pretty quickly most of the time.

WFTV.com or WESH.com are both fine. during this time of year, the predictions are really only good for a couple of days. The timing on when the big weather changes occur will move as it comes closer, and predictions of rain are more sporadic with fronts this time of year compared to the wet season. Be prepared for layers - the cold temps feel colder especially when the sun goes down, though the days heat up pretty quickly most of the time.
Great advice! I would add that our other news affiliates are WOFL fox35orlando.com and WKMG clickorlando.com in the event you would like to check those out as well. I also use accuweather.com to check my local weather, since I can get more specific than just Orlando.

If you can, bring jackets you can layer together. I have a hoodie and a fleece jacket that I can wear individually or if it gets really chilly, I can wear them together. Gloves can be good too.

I use the Fox 35 Orlando weather app. daily. It seems to do a pretty good job at predicting temps and general weather, but there were a few times that it showed my home was getting a deluge of rain, when it was only cloud cover (and they just got a new radar).

The weather forecasters here (we are local) are no better than what you probably experience in your home town. Don't expect accuracy. Just look at a couple of them to get an idea of the range of temperatures and wind/rain might be.

The weather forecasters here (we are local) are no better than what you probably experience in your home town. Don't expect accuracy. Just look at a couple of them to get an idea of the range of temperatures and wind/rain might be.
I grew up in West Michigan, right on Lake Michigan, and the weather forecasts were hilariously wrong so often! It's amazing to me that they're not much more accurate now, but I guess meteorology has a way to go!

I'll be there next week as well. Thankfully, I'm driving down from Georgia so I'm not limited as to what I can pack. I plan on bringing a few skorts, some regular tshirts and some long sleeve tshirts, a light hoody, a heavier fleece jacket (which already has gloves in the pockets) a scarf, a pair of jeans and maybe a couple pair of leggings. A few under shirts. I don't normally wear close toed shoes except in the coldest of weather because they hurt my toes but I plan on bringing a couple pair of sandals and a couple pairs of skeecher slip ons to change to in the night. Staying on property helps because I can always go back to the room and change clothes. I know in the mornings I'm going to need an outer layer and I plan on just putting that in my Loungfly or tying it around my waist. It's been cold here in Georgia this week so anything over 50 is going to be a nice break.

Regardless of where you live, the weather forecast more the 2-3 days in the future is never very accurate. Too many random things can cause the weather to change, no site/TV station/etc. has any magic that makes their forecasts more accurate. For your phone, look for an app that is easy to use, displays the information you are most interested in and doesn't fill your screen with annoying ads.

I’m also going to WDW soon. There’s a slight variation in the forecast every time I look at it. The only consistent thing is the cold front halfway through my trip so I’ll just pack layers and know that FL weather is still better than the snow and cold at home right now.

Hi folks--headed to WDW next week (!!!!) and trying to figure out what we'll need. Is there a local news station or other outlet that you think provides the most accurate weather forecast? I'm just looking at weather channel.
We normally use accuweather which is pretty good but the life guards at Myrtle Beach told us this summer they use weatherbug and we have found that source to be a bit more accurate over the past 6 months or so when we travel.

There is an app called RainAware that i love just for Disney - it tracks weather and storms and says how long it will rain for and how strong the rain will come down. it is awesome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter