Best Zipline Experience - Kualoa Ranch or Climbworks? Oahu? Other?

Sydnerella

enough is as good as a feast
Excited to say now that we will be at Aulani for a week in July and I have been searching the word zipline here and seeing two primary options mentioned, but in google searches see there are others.

Trusting this DIS community for the past 14 years, I thought I would ask for opinions here. Which Zipline experience do you recommend and why?

We intend to sightsee a 2-3 different days based on the great info we have been reading here and perhaps just bite the bullet on the parking fees and have a car the whole week for short jaunts here or there too. Need one for sure 2-3 days including a grocery run.

We have never been to Hawaii. My husband and I honeymooned in Tahiti back in 1999 and it was amazing. Someday we will return…

Anyway, Im pumped for Hawaii! So my family includes my son who turns 18 the day before we head to Hawaii and this trip is his surprise HS graduation gift. He is a thrill seeker and loves Disney with dreams of being an Imagineer someday or a mechanical engineer designing parts for cars or other vehicle engines. He is also a superfit athlete.

My daughter is 15 and nearly as brave, willing to try new things and becoming more of a thrill seeker as with each year. She is a superfit athlete too.

My husband and I are 53 and I will turn 50 on the trip (which should make that easier!) We are up for a 20-25,000 steps a day walking around WDW or Yellowstone several days in a row and walk daily at home AND are by no means and FAR from super fit! Never attempting things like running races or just a jog around the neighborhood LOL or going on strenuous vertical hikes. We are happy to hike around state parks a few miles. We are also well under the weight thresholds too which is good.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

I am doing the Climbworks zip line tour with my 10 year old daughter this Friday the 24th…I’ll let you know how it goes! I visited Kualoa Ranch last year but did the ATV tour, no zip lining, so cannot comment on their zip line.

We did Climb Works two years ago and thought it was fantastic. The guides were great, we felt very safe and it was educational. Not to mention, it was really fun and beautiful.

We are going in mid-March (first time at Aulani). My daughter and I are more thrill seekers than my wife and son so we are splitting up that day to do ziplines. Anyway, the travel book I read said Climbworks is a very fun course but is pretty tame compared to Kualoa Ranch. Climbworks pros: much closer to Aulani, cheaper, and might be better for moderately lower adventure people. We switched to Kualoa because it is far longer/faster zips (up to 35MPH) and it is near the area where some of the Jurassic Park movies were made. Tip: if you have a Sams Club membership you can buy a 2-person voucher for about $56 less than the regular price. Check availability on the dates you want before buying vouchers.

We did climb works this past week- it’s the only one I could find on the island that would allow my 7 year old to go. The guides were fantastic and we all (family of 4) loved it. Can’t compare to zip lines at Kualoa but they felt plenty fast to us 😊

Myself and a friend did the Climbworks tour end of August 2021. There was a couple in our group that had done the Kualoa Ranch one. They are thrill seekers and they said the Climbworks tour was much better than the Kualoa Ranch one. The Kualoa Ranch may be prettier since it is in the mountainous area. But my friend and I enjoyed Climbworks and would do that again.

We did the zip line with a party of 6 (Ages 13 to 59) at CLIMB Works Keana Farms and loved it. The scenery was great too. We combined it with a tour/dinner show at PCC. It may not have been as Type A fun as I have with skydiving, but it did not disappoint, especially with a group of mixed physical capabilities (I could make a comment about how younger folks are not nearly the adrenaline junkies as the older folks like me are but...)

Myself and a friend did the Climbworks tour end of August 2021. There was a couple in our group that had done the Kualoa Ranch one. They are thrill seekers and they said the Climbworks tour was much better than the Kualoa Ranch one. The Kualoa Ranch may be prettier since it is in the mountainous area. But my friend and I enjoyed Climbworks and would do that again.
I’m the friend. Seconding this. I thought climbworks was fantastic. There are also one or two more lines on the ckimbworks tour compqr d to kualoa ranch.

My daughter (10) and I did CLIMB works in late February and absolutely loved it. The longest line is about a half mile and we were going about 40 MPH on that line on that day. It felt very safe and if you wanted to go upside down or without hands or whatever you could do that (I did not do that). There was some great learning along the way and the scenery of the working farm and the ocean was spectacular. highly recommend!

Note: Driving from Aulani in the morning took about 1 hour 15 minutes with traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter