Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

Glenn, thanks for the bat signal. I'm rarely here anymore, but will try and check in when I do come by. :)

Great intros, and I love the family picture! I can't believe how the kids have grown.

No problem Kathy. :welcome: Great to have you along! Yes, the kids have grown a little. They should have, with all the groceries coming through the door.

Cool! One of my friends is still writing trip reports here!

Hiya Dee! :welcome: Yes, I'm still here. I have trouble finding the time, but that's a poor excuse and I know it!

Can't remember- Judy count in the intro post? if so. One Judy.

Some habits die hard!

I know that with each passing year, family trips become more and more precious. Can't wait to read all about your family's summer extravaganza!

:goodvibes:

I know the feeling well. They are really going to change for us over the next couple of years...I'm not sure if we'll have more along for the ride, less, or just a completely different cast of characters!

Thanks for the Batsignal - consider me onboard!

Yay Jenn, I'm glad you're here! :welcome: (You may be slightly disappointed by Marlene's choice of Broadway show to attend, it wasn't the same as Lauren's.)

Yay! So excited! I hope you liked the Boardwalk. We've never been to that area at all before and we are doing Yacht Club in 58 days! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Hi Sam! :welcome: Thanks for jumping in. I'm sure you'll like the location, with an easy walk to either Epcot or DHS. Is it another mother/daughter trip? After your last one, I think your mom turned out to be as much a Disneyphile as you!

I'm here! Thanks for the Bat signal. Dang your kids have grown! But you still look as young as ever. :)

Jill in CO

Aw shucks, thanks Jill! (And the phrase "Dang, our kids have grown" is something we say just about every day.) :welcome:

Here. .....thanks for the shout out!

You betcha Marv. Wouldn't be the same withoutcha.

:welcome:

I made it! And wow, James is really growing up!

O Captain! My Captain! Our fearful trip is done. ....so it must be time to write a trip report!

Good to have you aboard Mark. :welcome:

Yes, He will soon be eligible to start driving! :faint: He's not real interested though, which is fine for now.

Last edited:
I'm here too!! Back to read this afternoon. :)

Great! Good to have you here Liesa/Lisa. ;) :welcome:

Looking forward to another Glennbo TR.

Sweet! Thanks Andy. :welcome:

Took you long enough.

Well I still haven't supplied any real content, so don't count your chickens and all that.

A Glennbo TR? OK...I'm in! :flower1:

Great! Thanks for joining in Tina. :welcome:

Also, when did the Dis get all fancy and stuff? And when did your kids get so big?

A few of months ago...we're all still trying to figure it out! (The beauty of that answer is that it works for both questions!)

I am here! Loved the intro! And am amazed how tall your kids are! Soon Lauren will be the shortest of the siblings. I hope she will not be devastated. I was very grateful that @nodnol had the good manners to stop growing a couple of inches shorter than my height.

Hi Magdalene! I'm glad you're here. :welcome:

Well actually Marlene passed Lauren a couple of years ago, and yes, it was a little traumatizing. She knew it was just a matter of time until James passed her. I think she's over it now. Hey, speaking of @nodnol, I don't think I sent her a batsignal. I need to rectify that.

It also sounds like the whole family enjoyed Hilton Head!

They did! Fortunately, we had good weather. With only a couple of days, the weather needed to cooperate.

Checking in!

Hi Tammie! Thanks for the push! ;) And :welcome:

Can't wait to see how the kids liked Hilton Head. My boys loved it and was upset we did go again this summer. They got Key West and Miami instead.

Hi lovegrumpy! :welcome: I believe it -- it's easy to get used to that lowcountry style of vacation.

Joining in for a fun read.

Thanks micandminforever. Good to have you along. :welcome:

Last edited:
Can't wait to read you Boardwalk trip report, my husband and I will be staying at Yacht Club in 48 days!!! This will be our 3rd time staying at YC, last time being 2013, however, my husband is a challenged Disney fan (aka Grumpy), meaning he's my "must love Disney" work in progress!!! I've been reading every review and trip report I can get my eyes on so that this trip is near perfection since we are going without the kids...

Hi J'Adore Disney! :welcome: Well, our kids were along for the WDW portion of the trip, but the youngest is 16 so it may be a little different than some other trip reports. I was going to say, "no meeting princesses and that kind of stuff" but that's actually not true -- stay tuned! I sure hope that you (with the help of some pixie dust, of course) will be able to win over your Grumpy during your trip.

WOW! The kids don't look like kids any more.

Hi Brian. :welcome: Thanks for joining.

Kids, what kids? :laughing: Speaking of which, how're yours? You've got a houseful by now, correct?

Can't wait to read more

Hi accountingbabe08, thanks for signing on! :welcome:

Seeing the pictures of your children makes me feel OLD!

Hi Kelly! Good to see you. :welcome:

Yes, it has the same effect on me! And if it doesn't, they are quick to remind me in person.

Yay!!!
Many thanks for the batsignal! I'm hardly here what with work, kids and ........VACATION!!

I'm in, in fact I'm so in I'm typing this from the hoop de doo review ;)

Looking forward to reading more

Xx

That is awesome Mel! Best sign-on post ever! :welcome:

Enjoy your strawberry shortcake!!

Yeah! Can't wait to hear (read) about your adventures.

That's fantastic Mary Kay! Thanks for joining, and :welcome:

I'm totally in for another Glennbo trip report! :yay:

It sounds like it will be another epic trip! I can't wait to hear about your thoughts on the Boardwalk - I loved spending an afternoon walking around there. I'd love to stay there one day!

I'm totally in for another Glennbo trip report! :yay:

Hi Jenny! :welcome: Good to have you along.

It sounds like it will be another epic trip! I can't wait to hear about your thoughts on the Boardwalk - I loved spending an afternoon walking around there. I'd love to stay there one day!

I'll have some material for you for sure. Speaking of epic -- did you ever do a trip report on the trip you took with your sister to celebrate her graduation?

IN! I've been watching for you to start your TR - love to read about you and your family's adventures!

Haven't read anything yet but I'm here, subscribing and reading along. Excited for a new Glenboo family TR!!! Thanks for the email. I might not have found it for six months. I can't believe Marlene has graduated! I thought she was like 16!

What, no Paris trip for Marlene? :charac2:
I'm in, ready to hear about the latest adventure! I hope it includes some bribes and pranks!

Joining in. I don't know that I will be able to comment much but I will be following

Here. Love the intro and yup I am in with how tall the kids are ....I mean young adults are.

Your insurance fund is thankful James isn't driving yet. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the heads up, Glenn! Now I'll have something to read at the beach (once we get rid of this never-ending rain)!

Hi Sam! :welcome: Thanks for jumping in. I'm sure you'll like the location, with an easy walk to either Epcot or DHS. Is it another mother/daughter trip? After your last one, I think your mom turned out to be as much a Disneyphile as you!

The walking is my favorite part! It will be food and wine time :) And it's actually going to be me and my husband this time, but she got jealous and we scheduled another trip for next year :yay:

Signal received! Thanks Glenn!

Looking forward to your trip report. Is Marlene still partial to all things France?

IN! I've been watching for you to start your TR - love to read about you and your family's adventures!

Thanks rdkeim. It’s great to have faithful readers like you! :welcome:

Haven't read anything yet but I'm here, subscribing and reading along. Excited for a new Glenboo family TR!!! Thanks for the email. I might not have found it for six months.

You were my first post-er last time orangecats2, so had to give you a heads-up for sure. :welcome:

I can't believe Marlene has graduated! I thought she was like 16!

If only, orangecats, if only!

What, no Paris trip for Marlene? :charac2:

I'm in, ready to hear about the latest adventure! I hope it includes some bribes and pranks!

Ahh, you reminded me of some material that I need to include in the first chapter coming up. Thanks stitch’sgirl, and :welcome:

Hmmm, bribes and pranks, I’m trying to think. Well, we made James go on ToT for the first time ever, but he’s been on so many thrill rides at places like Six Flags that it was kind of a non-event. Dang, I hope I didn’t just lose a reader!

Joining in. I don't know that I will be able to comment much but I will be following

That’s okay pooh’smate, good to know you’re here. :welcome:

Here. Love the intro and yup I am in with how tall the kids are ....I mean young adults are.

Thanks Pat! :welcome: I know that yours zoomed into young-adulthood over the last few years as well.

Your insurance fund is thankful James isn't driving yet. :rolleyes1

You know it.

Thanks for the heads up, Glenn! Now I'll have something to read at the beach (once we get rid of this never-ending rain)!

You’re welcome MissLiz! Thanks for signing-on. :welcome:

We just had a few days of rain, but quite frankly we really needed it. We’d gone several weeks without a drop.

Awesome! I know you aren’t kidding. :rotfl:

Sounds like fun. I'll come along for the ride!

Hi Alison! Good to have you along! :welcome:

The walking is my favorite part! It will be food and wine time :) And it's actually going to be me and my husband this time, but she got jealous and we scheduled another trip for next year :yay:

I’m jealous -- I’ve still never been there for Food and Wine. You’ll have a great time.

Wow, you’ve got all the angles worked out Sam!

Signal received! Thanks Glenn!

Looking forward to your trip report.

Obviously you didn't need it, 'cause you're always watching, but still. ;) Good to have you along. :welcome:

Is Marlene still partial to all things France?

Yes, she is. Maybe not quite to the degree she once was, but pretty much.

506_raising_eyebrow.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter