Big FP+ News: Starting 2/19 New DHS Tiers, MFSR FP+ Added, READ POST #1

So at first I thought this was the greatest thing ever now I am not sure so looking for others thoughts.

Is this worse for people who schedule FP+ at 30 days out? Is this just really helping the 60 day out people?

Trying to figure out if I have to get a room now for my March 30 visit

Depends how you look at it I think.

Onsite guests now can grab 3 useful FP instead of 1 taking up more spaces, however as an offsite guest you were probably never going to snag an advanced SDD FP so no change there, but there’s still a chance you’ll be able to get MFSR (which I’m guessing will probably still be the third choice when MMRR eventually gets added) plus 2 other useful choices.

I think this puts advanced planners in general ahead of the game but puts same days at more of a disadvantage than before.

I think I was able to swap Beauty & the Beast show for Smuggler's Run and swap Frozen show for ToT. It said it was successful, but waiting to confirm it once "My Plans" is able to load properly so I can see them listed.
slight upgrade :)
Just confirmed both revisions were successful! Woo hoo! :banana:

I agree that Smuggler's Run might be better overall without having FP. However, since it's now offered, that's a moot point. Obviously, it's now better to have a FP than not. And it's certainly a better use of a FP than the Beauty & the Beast show.

Last edited:
Just confirmed both revisions were successful! Woo hoo! :banana:

I agree that Smuggler's Run might be better overall without having FP. However, since it's now offered, that's a moot point. Obviously, it's now better to have a FP than not. And it's certainly a better use of a FP than the Beauty & the Beast show.

I was not sad to see my Muppets fastpasses go this morning. 😂

I actually tend to disagree. I think they are uniquely positioned to attempt to avoid the negative press that 240 minute wait time present. Ultimately by offering boarding groups or FP+, they can make the decision to simply not allow more people to ride by closing (or not having) a Stand-By Queue...

To Disney, a little pain of 240 minutes waits is improved by eventually opening FP+ for the ride and pushing on site reservations. Nothing can push on site reservations like "hey, you want a way around 240 minute waits, we got the hookup but you've gotta stay on site and may need to extend your vacation to have a chance to book at back end."

If MMRR gets added to the FP options down the road it would be the only tier 1 ride with no height requirement, which would make a lot of sense to me. I do think it'll open w/o fastpass, but the move this morning makes me think FP will be offered a lot sooner than I ever anticipated.

I actually tend to disagree. I think they are uniquely positioned to attempt to avoid the negative press that 240 minute wait time present. Ultimately by offering boarding groups or FP+, they can make the decision to simply not allow more people to ride by closing (or not having) a Stand-By Queue...

But don't the boarding groups basically allow people to be in 2 lines at once? In theory doubling their "presence" in the park? Add to that now switching the Fast Pass tiers back to normal I could, at the same time, be in line for RoR (using BG), SDD (using FP) and ToT (using standby) so I am now tripling my "presence". It just makes it seem like if they added another BG the park would be impossible to visit and get anything done. I haven't been there since RoR opened but this is just my impressions.

Swapped voyage of the little mermaid for ToT. Won't let me swap star tours for sdd but will let me swap TSMM for SDD. Not sure whether to keep a 10am TSMM or go with 6:10 SDD.

But now that MFSR is going the way of the FP+, it will make the standby line much much longer. IMO, this is actually BAD news for many people who were planning their HS day. I honestly think this really causes longer waits at MFSR than there are currently.

For me, I'll take the FP+. Although in the "evening" MFSR is a manageable wait, current wait is 110 minutes, and it generally seems to be over an hour when I look....

Took a half hour of refreshing through the we cannot display your fastpasses message but finally got through and got smugglers run for my HS day in March! Woohoo!!

castAstone said earlier "MFSR has substantially higher capacity than SDD, so right now I’d want SDD " . he seems to know what he is talking about with FP
Thank you! That said we will only know for sure after we see the rides running for a few days!

About 5-10 minutes after I snagged a FP for MFSR (upgraded from Beauty & the Beast), I noticed that while modifying another FP that Smuggler's Run was showing as unavailable for that day. I guess I got in just in the nick of time!

I kept our FP for SDD (I was lucky to score one on "FP day") on our second DHS day, but opted to upgrade Frozen show to ToT for that day.

Now I just need to keep stalking in hopes of moving a 3pm FP for Peter Pan up to 1pm so we can leave the park earlier for a resort break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter