BJ's membership tips: renewal or new? coupons or tips?

gk90

Mom to Sorcerer Mickey fan and Donald's #1 fan!
We had a BJ's membership starting 16+ years ago but let it lapse around 8 years ago, since the warehouse wasn't that close to us. One time around 12 years ago we let it lapse for a year and then tried joining again as new members using the promo discount but they said that we were former members and had to renew at the regular rate.
Now there's a new warehouse near us and we're thinking of joining again. I don't know if they will make us join as former members again or if after so many years of not being members we will be new members? And has anyone seen promos or coupons for new membership or renewal fees?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I would think at a new location, and with that many years having passed, you will certainly qualify as a 'new' member.

We let it expire for over a year and then signed up again under a promo price. We just switched the primary person on the account. They let us sign up as a new account.

Guess it depends on the store.

I just re-signed up through my company and got 13 months for $35. It was 15 months for $40 last time.

We just signed back up, 50 for the year.

What I saved in coupons this trip cover the cost of the card, so I feel okay with the 50.00 cost.

I do plan out our shopping trips, using BJ's coupons and regular coupons (paper). It does take some planning, as the warehouse type stores don't always have what you want. Also you need to know what that item cost in your regular grocery store, so when you are pricing out at the per item cost... does it save money? and can we use it up so that it does not go to waste before we can use it all up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter