Black Friday update 11/27; see posts 1, 138, 166

Target has their ad on their website

They are having a preview sale this Friday and Saturday- "shop 100's of doorbusters" in store and online

Last edited:
I'm not particularly impressed with the ads so far this year. But maybe I'm just not in the market for much this time around - usually I have an internal list of "things that I don't really need but totally want if a killer deal comes along" but I feel like that list really doesn't have much on it right now.

Target has their ad on their website

They are having a preview sale this Friday and Saturday- "shop 100's of doorbusters" in store and online
Thanks! I'm going to update the first post momentarily. I would have done it ten minutes ago, but I had to scan the ad first :).

Pretty bummed that Target doesn't have anything like a gift card with the purchase of an Apple Watch or the airpods

Pretty bummed that Target doesn't have anything like a gift card with the purchase of an Apple Watch or the airpods
The only time I remember them doing the gift card deal on the watch was in 2015 when the watch had first launched. I took advantage of that deal.

I'm not particularly impressed with the ads so far this year. But maybe I'm just not in the market for much this time around - usually I have an internal list of "things that I don't really need but totally want if a killer deal comes along" but I feel like that list really doesn't have much on it right now.
Same here.

There are a few things I see that I want for me (new vacuum and roku) but no gifts that I must get for others.
I do have my kids' big gifts done, but even if I didn't there is still nothing in those ads that I would be trying to get. I'm not sure if it's just a matter of my kids being older or if the things on sale aren't that great.

I was surprised the Nintendo Switch wasn't in the Target ad (the Lite is). I'm looking for a deal on this and was just expecting to find it at Target. If anyone sees in on sale somewhere, let me know!

I did like the 2 indoor ring cameras. Amazon has it for the same price, but I would get 5% off at Target and a $20 gift card back so I'm considering that.

DH & I go to Target on Thanksgiving night as really just a tradition now. The trick is we go without really any expectations. I do want a new laptop and an air fryer, but those things are probably just as easily gotten the week of Thanksgiving. The Target BF ad even says things will start going on sale this Friday & Saturday so I'll take a look then. When we go on Thanksgiving, we usually just get "silly" things like movies, clothes, slippers, bed sheets, etc.

I see they're doing that 20% off a future purchase on Friday, so I plan on shopping Thanksgiving night and going back Friday to return anything I need to return (clothes I didn't like, etc). I'll pick up some household items, groceries, whatever and then snag the 20% off coupon.

I was surprised the Nintendo Switch wasn't in the Target ad (the Lite is). I'm looking for a deal on this and was just expecting to find it at Target. If anyone sees in on sale somewhere, let me know!

I did like the 2 indoor ring cameras. Amazon has it for the same price, but I would get 5% off at Target and a $20 gift card back so I'm considering that.
Ive seen them in a couple ads, but only for 299. Its just different bundles/accessories that they come with.

I thought the Switch was on the front page of the Target ad with a free copy of Mario Kart.

It’s on the front page. Same deal as last year $299 and includes MARIO kart.

Kohls has it for $320 with a carrying case and a charger dock. Regular price is $350.

You’d get $90 Kohls Cash, plus eventually $15 in Yes2You if you have that account. Which you could use on Mario Kart 8 if thats something you wanted.

Right now we’re leaning towards Kohl’s. We’ve already got Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U. My husband just wants the Switch for the new Pokemon game anyways, ha.

I totally missed on the cover of Target, I guess I need to go through it a few more times!

Also hoping for a hydroflask sale. I've gotten them at REI in the past on sale.

The best I will probably do is $20 off of $100 at Dicks.

I've never really shopped electronics on BF, but this year we are in the market for a couple smaller TVs to replace a couple of tube TVs we've hung on to. We're not looking for anything fancy, just need to be able to plug a firestick in to stream. I've found a smaller TV for $80 in the preBF BB sale, but I'm curious if there are usually better deals on BF and if I should hold out a few more weeks. I looked through some ads from last year, but didn't see anything ridiculously cheap that made me think I should wait. Can anyone chime in with the best deals they've seen on smaller TVs on BF? TIA!
ETA - I just saw the Target BF ad has a slightly bigger option for $70, so maybe I'll wait. How crazy are TVs to get on BF these days? Am I going to be rubbing elbows with the people starting fights over BF deals selling out :crazy2:
The craziness really depends on where you live. The Target I frequent is in a very affluent neighborhood so Black Friday while busy doesn’t attract the kinds of things you see in the news. With Target I recommend being online when the sale starts the night before and seeing if you can snag the TV for in store pickup. I did that for most of my target shopping last year.

I agree with @dina444444 it depends on where you live! Here in Michigan we are always featured in the news in a bad way. I no longer leave my house because it REALLY is that bad!

I recommend you sign up on "Slickdeals" and set an alert for specific items. I've been a member for years and have posted a few deals but more importantly have saved hundreds of dollars annually. Here's their: LINK

For parents I also recommend "Hip2Save" , Collin lists many deals that aren't often found on Slickdeals. HOWEVER, when Slickdeals posts an item things tend to sell out quickly. READ the comments, if people have issues with an item they'll post about it and most often will give you a link to a better product or deal.

Here's Hip2Save: LINK

There are a few things I see that I want for me (new vacuum and roku) but no gifts that I must get for others.
That's funny. On my local noon news, they mentioned more people are buying themselves gifts this year :).
There's a search box in the upper right corner here https://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridaySaleAds where you can search just the Black Friday ads for specific items.
DH & I go to Target on Thanksgiving night as really just a tradition now.
I was going to say the ad says Target opens at 7 AM on Black Friday - but then I looked again. Just Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter