Black Friday update 11/27; see posts 1, 138, 166

Does anyone know then Target's big gift card sale is this year?
I don't believe it's been announced yet for this year but just as a reference point, I checked my order history, and I purchased the discounted gift cards on Dec. 2, 2018, and Dec. 3, 2017 (both Sundays).

I don't believe it's been announced yet for this year but just as a reference point, I checked my order history, and I purchased the discounted gift cards on Dec. 2, 2018, and Dec. 3, 2017 (both Sundays).
Would that include Disney Gift Cards? I have a final payment coming up on 12/11. That would be cutting it pretty close.

Kohl's has the Roomba that I want for my parents for $280, after 20% coupon and with $15 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent... so $75 Kohl's cash. It's model 677 with wifi enabled.

So, that will save me a bunch on other people's gifts. The catch is that I have to go there today. Looks like I'm shopping tonight.

Wow, nothing in TRAVEL, like discounted park tickets, photo packages :(
Sorry. Unless one of the three sites I check starts posting travel (and other, like Hulu) deals, everything I post is store sale flyers. I mean, I will absolutely post any non-retail Black Friday offers if I find them, but I don't have a source.

Sorry. Unless one of the three sites I check starts posting travel (and other, like Hulu) deals, everything I post is store sale flyers. I mean, I will absolutely post any non-retail Black Friday offers if I find them, but I don't have a source.

It's all good, last year I posted them on your thread. Personally I've not had time to look around but if I hear anything I know where to find you! :hug:

I've never really shopped electronics on BF, but this year we are in the market for a couple smaller TVs to replace a couple of tube TVs we've hung on to. We're not looking for anything fancy, just need to be able to plug a firestick in to stream. I've found a smaller TV for $80 in the preBF BB sale, but I'm curious if there are usually better deals on BF and if I should hold out a few more weeks. I looked through some ads from last year, but didn't see anything ridiculously cheap that made me think I should wait. Can anyone chime in with the best deals they've seen on smaller TVs on BF? TIA!
ETA - I just saw the Target BF ad has a slightly bigger option for $70, so maybe I'll wait. How crazy are TVs to get on BF these days? Am I going to be rubbing elbows with the people starting fights over BF deals selling out :crazy2:

Last edited:
I've never really shopped electronics on BF, but this year we are in the market for a couple smaller TVs to replace a couple of tube TVs we've hung on to. We're not looking for anything fancy, just need to be able to plug a firestick in to stream. I've found a smaller TV for $80 in the preBF BB sale, but I'm curious if there are usually better deals on BF and if I should hold out a few more weeks. I looked through some ads from last year, but didn't see anything ridiculously cheap that made me think I should wait. Can anyone chime in with the best deals they've seen on smaller TVs on BF? TIA!
ETA - I just saw the Target BF ad has a slightly bigger option for $70, so maybe I'll wait. How crazy are TVs to get on BF these days? Am I going to be rubbing elbows with the people starting fights over BF deals selling out :crazy2:
The craziness really depends on where you live. The Target I frequent is in a very affluent neighborhood so Black Friday while busy doesn’t attract the kinds of things you see in the news. With Target I recommend being online when the sale starts the night before and seeing if you can snag the TV for in store pickup. I did that for most of my target shopping last year.

Our Target is about 40 minutes away and in a nicer upscale area as well. We've been the last couple years on Thanksgiving night and there are bunches of TVs in store. No problems at all getting them. I think maybe the whole Black Friday TV deals are a thing of the past. Or I just don't see the craziness here! We actually got our big TV a few years ago at Best Buy during the week of Thanksgiving in store. It was the same price and worth the buy.

The craziness really depends on where you live. The Target I frequent is in a very affluent neighborhood so Black Friday while busy doesn’t attract the kinds of things you see in the news. With Target I recommend being online when the sale starts the night before and seeing if you can snag the TV for in store pickup. I did that for most of my target shopping last year.
Good thought, we've got several Target options within 20 minutes, and I would hope none of them would attract the extreme deal shoppers! I remember looking at in store pickup & drive up for some toys and clothes last year, but that wasn't an option until Saturday. I'll have to check that option again this year, it would be a sanity saver for sure!

Our Target is about 40 minutes away and in a nicer upscale area as well. We've been the last couple years on Thanksgiving night and there are bunches of TVs in store. No problems at all getting them. I think maybe the whole Black Friday TV deals are a thing of the past. Or I just don't see the craziness here! We actually got our big TV a few years ago at Best Buy during the week of Thanksgiving in store. It was the same price and worth the buy.
I'll keep an eye out on pre BF sales for sure! I do remember going to Target on BF last year and seeing pallets of door buster electronics still partially filled, but I don't know how good of a deal those were since we haven't been TV shopping in ages!

Is the Kohl's rebate done online or do you need to send in US mail? Do you have to cut all the UPC labels from each product?

Good thought, we've got several Target options within 20 minutes, and I would hope none of them would attract the extreme deal shoppers! I remember looking at in store pickup & drive up for some toys and clothes last year, but that wasn't an option until Saturday. I'll have to check that option again this year, it would be a sanity saver for sure!
Drive up was not available for Black Friday last year but in store pickup was.

Is the Kohl's rebate done online or do you need to send in US mail? Do you have to cut all the UPC labels from each product?
Not for kohl’s but, last year I was able to do JCPenney’s online and only needed to take a picture of the UPC code/receipt to upload to the site.

Usually the black friday electronics are not good deals. Just close outs on older models.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter