• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? GO!

Not really a choice right now. Typhoon Lagoon has yet to reopen and is (apparently) going under major repairs. No one knows when it will reopen.

They both have advantages over each other. BB probably has more overall slides, is consider better for kids because of the larger play area and a milder wave pool; TL has more unique attractions like Crush n' Gusher water coaster and Miss Adventure Falls. But our favorite part of TL was diving in the now-gone Shark Reef.

Typhoon Lagoon has not been open since late 2019 and no reopening date has been announced.

I agree with @maltdizzy that both parks are great but preferred by different people for different reasons. Even within our family we're a 50/50 split. I prefer bobbing in the BB pool while my DD loves the waves of TL.

I prefer Typhoon Lagoon because Crush N Gusher is my favorite water slide from any water park and I like that there are the Storm slides that have lots of turns go into a pool compared to Slusher Gusher and Summit Plummer that are just straight slides into a run out.

My son and I prefer TL. It not being open right now is why we didn't add water parks to our tickets for our upcoming trip

Typhoon Lagoon itself is the best attraction at either park, but overall Blizzard Beach is my favorite. Just more to do there especially after shark reef closed at TL. Used to love that attraction.

Full disclosure, I live by the beach so I have no love for the wave pool, but...
If they would just put a water coaster in Blizzard Beach there would be no reason to go to Typhoon Lagoon.

Are we sure that TL is ever coming back?

I'm confident it will reopen eventually. The various aerial photos that get posted on twitter seem to show progress on Mount mayday repairs (if that is intend what is happening). But the relatively low crowds at BB mean Disney doesn't have to be in a rush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter