BLT 2 bedrooms

bostonminnie

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with family and looking to book a 2 bedroom at BLT for next September. My understanding is that a lock-off 2 bedroom is basically a studio connected to a one bedroom with 2 entrances, and a dedicated 2 bedroom has 2 beds in the second bedroom, and one entrance. Do both types of 2 bedrooms have the same number of bathrooms? Do you prefer one type over another? Thanks for any insight!

Both have three bathrooms. We prefer dedicateds but many prefer the lock-offs. If you have young kids who may be staying in the second bedroom, the dedicated provides protection against one of them leaving the room without your knowledge. The dedicated also gives you two queens in the second bedroom rather than a queen and double sized pull-out couch.

Both have three bathrooms. We prefer dedicateds but many prefer the lock-offs. If you have young kids who may be staying in the second bedroom, the dedicated provides protection against one of them leaving the room without your knowledge. The dedicated also gives you two queens in the second bedroom rather than a queen and double sized pull-out couch.

Thanks so much!

the lock off is great for traveling with another family - you can have your space and they can have theirs.

the studio is a little bigger than a normal room in the same place (except for BLT)

Unless there's some need to have the second entrance or the kitchenette I'd do the Dedicated every time if possible. 2 real beds in the second bedroom and no space in the room taken up by the kitchenette. At BLT the studios are very tight in the bedroom/living area so it's nice to have a little more space in the dedicated second bedroom by not having all the other stuff that comes with a studio.

For us it really depends of the make up of the group traveling. We no longer have little kids so we don't need to worry about that. However depending on who comes with us with they may prefer their own space with the door the lock-off provides other times it is a non-issue. We have a 2 bedroom dedicated for next month and a 2 bedroom lock-off for next August. Best thing is they each have 3 bathroom rooms and that is the key for us.

We had a family gathering in June and reserved three 2BR villas for 20 of us. Two were dedicated and one a lockoff 2BR. The lockoff was for us. I prefer to sit on a couch versus the bed during the day. And each morning I needed some privacy for a respiratory treatment. I wouldn't think of subjecting the rest of the family to the noise of the nebulizer. And besides some of the little ones are scared by it. It worked out perfectly.

I would think though that for more families a dedicated would work out best because you get more beds, even if more than one family shares a 2BR. Unless the other family thinks it's more important to have a kitchenette or their own door to the outside/hallway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter