BLT Question

WallyBear

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to stay at BLT next fall but we really want a dedicated two bedroom as opposed to a lock off. If I request a dedicated two bedroom am I guaranteed one or is it it merely a request they will try to fulfill? We also had our heart set on getting a MK view, but is it worth the extra points? I am starting to waffle on this issue.

Thank you for your expertise!

Lock-off and dedicated 2-bedrooms are booking categories. When you book on-line, only the lock-off is specifically noted as such, the dedicated will just show as a 2-bedroom.

If you book a dedicated, that's what you should be assigned unless there is a maintenance issue (or the room assigner is totally clueless).

Hi there,

we have just returned from a 2 week stay in a 2 bdrm lock off and to be honest we preferred it to the dedicated 2 bdrm we had in 2011 so don't worry too much. We also had booked standard view due to points we had available but ended up with a theme park and monorail view, didn't even have to turn our heads it was all there, castle smack bang in the middle of the sitting room window. Rooms were 7318 and 7320. Hope you get what you're hoping for but don't worry about it too much :)

Some standard room face the MK and monorail...they are on the lower 5 floors. We had the last room 2 bedroom dedicated TP view closest to the Contemporary, had to turn to see the castle. Loved the room and space! wanted to try a GV TPV, but got out voted! kids want to try 2 bedroom VGF this summer...:dance3:

You're not guaranteed the lock-off or dedicated. The lock-offs seem to be more popular, based on booking. We always book dedicated and have been given lock-offs before due to availability.

Go for the standard view if you can get it. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it to get at theme park view, especially if you can go out to the bridge or top of the world.... or even some of the windows in the elevator area can see the fireworks.

You're not guaranteed the lock-off or dedicated.

That's incorrect when it comes to a 2-bedroom. They are booking categories and you should be assigned a room in the category you booked. Why would DVC have them as booking categories if you are not guaranteed the category you book? If you are not assigned a room in the correct category, it's due to a maintenance issue, overbooking or the room assigner made a mistake.

You're not guaranteed the lock-off or dedicated. The lock-offs seem to be more popular, based on booking. We always book dedicated and have been given lock-offs before due to availability.

Go for the standard view if you can get it. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it to get at theme park view, especially if you can go out to the bridge or top of the world.... or even some of the windows in the elevator area can see the fireworks.

This is only true if you book through DRV instead of DVC- a points stay should be in the room that is booked and these 2 room types are booked separately.

Does anyone know if the dedicated 2 bedroom has 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. I thought it did, but I just saw a sketch of the room and it looked liked it has a queen and a sofa sleeper. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the dedicated 2 bedroom has 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. I thought it did, but I just saw a sketch of the room and it looked liked it has a queen and a sofa sleeper. Thanks!

yes, two queens. Sleeper is lock-off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter