Boathouse, Brunch and Boondoggles - Oh My! Complete and it only took me 11 months!

Continuing around the World Showcase we split up and I visited Morocco and Dylan got in line in Japan. The crowds were building up so we met back in the seating area for the Katsura Grill. I like this area as it’s tucked behind the temple and is quiet and peaceful. I picked up this beauty and a beverage -

Walnut Honey Baklava $4.00 and Desert Rose: Sparkling Wine topped with Pomegranate Liqueur $8.00

048BC45A-2327-45FF-B289-634BA0715C2A.jpeg B6FC3542-015A-49A6-81D4-7BF9B4B447BC.jpeg

It’s baklava- how can it go wrong? And it’s a big slice too. It was not fresh and still frozen in the middle. It was flaky on the top layer and tough on the bottom under the walnut layer and hard to actually bite into the bottom. We broke a fork trying to divide it to share. I give it a solid D minus.

FYI this is the promo pic Disney put out on the baklava- it doesn’t compare.

40047C50-6887-4C9D-ABDC-C291E60C4FC7.jpegK

The Desert Rose cocktail was crisp with a hint of sweetness and very pretty and a tiny flute but for $8 it wasn’t terrible. It hit the spot.

Dylan’s selections began with

Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice, sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream with Raspberry Sauce on the side $5.95
A8942B3F-EE58-4F6D-AF57-FAB4885565BE.jpeg
He seemed to like this and adding the whipped cream enhanced the flavors but the rice to fruit ratio makes the starchy rice overpower the fruit so the balance is off and it makes it a bit bland. I turned up my nose and can’t offer an opinion because it had coconut and I think anything with it is like squirting sunscreen in my mouth. It’s a taste and texture thing.

He did like it though. It does look pretty. The pink wrap is probably rice paper and didn’t have a flavor.

Next up was Ginger Beef Yaki Udon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger $6.50

DF045309-5EFF-44CA-B68E-C25202181714.jpeg

It was nice tender beef with a lot of onion and a bit of kick from the ginger in the sauce. It wasn’t greasy or oily as some udon noodles can be and the spice balance was pleasant and subtle. Not a bad value either. Not amazing and not bad.

And lastly, as promised, churros!

We had to boogie on around the Showcase as we had to go ride in a boat to see if some sister wanted to Build a Snowman. And we found out Love is an Open Door and it also is a rail side seat at La Cantina de San Angel so we settled in and Jesse had some had some

• Tacos de Barbacoa - Seasoned Beef, Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Refried Black Beans, and Red Salsa - $13.25
B2E82404-78FC-4DE7-AC7F-66BA433BFBC5.jpeg

The Barbacoa is a spicy shredded beef. I thought it was a little too heavy on the sauce and you lose the flavor of the meat with the overpowering bbq flavor. They were ok but I think they are heavy and hard to eat in a street taco style tortilla. Jess disagreed and polished them off. Maybe he was just grateful we allowed him to sit and eat rather than visit booths.

Dylan chose

• Tacos de Pescado - Seasoned Fried Fish, Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Refried Black Beans, Slaw, and Habanero Aïoli - $12.50
6B0DB017-8F84-4831-BC4B-AE6BD336F408.jpeg

The fish is mild and flaky and light despite being lightly fried. The slaw topping is light and crunchy and has an acidic tone that gives it a citrusy balance. The rice and beans were just there. They did their job as background players and were given a bite or two but the tacos were the star of the show.

We also grabbed for the table some

• Nachos - Tortilla Chips topped with Ground Beef, Nacho Cheese, Tomatoes, Jalapeños, Beans, and Sour Cream - $11.25
71ABABE8-FAD4-4D1A-83DA-E5A69D1CABCD.jpeg
These are big and shareable and deliver everything you want from quick service nachos. Liquid good cheese, mildly spicy ground beef, fresh ripe tomatoes, pickled jalapeños with s zesty bite and a squirt of sour cream. We term these as “junk nachos” being from Texas where Tex Mex is a weekly occurrence. It’s not a bad thing. It just a term that sets them aside as having liquid cheese and being piled up with toppings as opposed to individual nachos. It’s the kind we associate with sporting event concessions and junky is a beautiful thing. So were these!

and as promised CHURROS! A perfect sweet treat as we waited for Illuminations. They are small and crisp and the caramelized du leche was a great dipping sauce. I like smaller churros was big ones can get soggy.

It was chilly so we also grabbed coffee. Churros. Coffee. Illuminations. Sitting railside. That is a good good thing!

Oh a side note it’s a good spot to hang out for Illuminations- the view is nice, the bathrooms are close and the people around us were pleasant. I was glad to see Illuminations and even gladder I saw it the first night. I love it - really I do but seeing the Star Wars Spectacular and Happiy Ever After the next two evenings, Illuminations might be reaching a point it needs a facelift. It’s still lovely but the other parks are upping their game.

13A9109B-DA2F-488C-94A3-9E87B6F03E81.jpeg

The churros were yummy and warm and kept us from accidentally experiencing any hunger! All in a a successful trip around the world I think. Thanks for reading along!

Last edited:
2E82C19E-8BAE-4312-9662-20E98DD18C38.jpeg Star Wars - 5 hours of Star Wars!

We embraced the power of the Park Side and set off to a galaxy far far away by catching an Uber to DHS for a 7:45 am check in time for our Star Wars Guided Tour. Our guides were quick witted friendly and very knowledgeable. A quick rundown of what you get for the $92 and change is the first ride of the day on Star Tours including entering the Bay Area with lights on, reserved seating for both of the Star Wars films Path of the Jedi and the one in the Star Wars Launch Bay theater, priority access to meet Chewie, BB8 and in our case because Kylo had a voice issue a couple of Storm Troopers who filled in and out credentials let us go see Kylo Ren later. We also had a guided tour through the exhibits in the Launch Bay, front row reserved seating for the two live stage shows and the opportunity to march behind Captain Phasma and the Stormtroopers in the parade. The day ends with all the children in the group getting a spot in the Jedi Training Academy. Lunch is included at the Backlot Express so on to the food!34F6FF31-1BCB-443D-8906-B53F64CD3C1C.jpeg

We placed our Star Wars Inspired Menu order at check in.

At lunchtime we arrived in a reserved area with a nice thick paper napkin plasticware roll and a moist towelette and mint. It was a nice touch.

Jess opted for the
1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger
1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger on a Kaiser Roll served with Carrot Sticks or French Fries - ha ha - no carrot sticks for this Jedi

C03DAF8B-E5A8-4FB6-8469-8EADB6067CCB.jpeg

We don’t tend to grab counter service burgers and this is why - it was dry and not too flavorful and needed a significant amount of condiments to make it more palatable. It’s a typical theme park burger hut it did come with a commerative Captain Phasma stein that made my heart sing and it will be lovely at home next to my Chewie Stein from the Star Wars Dessert Party a few years ago. That really spoiled me for dessert parties too as you’ll see later.

Dylan Chose
Dark Side Chicken and Waffles
Darth Vader Waffles topped with Chicken Breast Nuggets served with Maple Syrup

CF72A003-4CE4-44F9-B498-D8888A9BDCF9.jpeg

He said it was fine and liked the chicken nuggets and they are breast meat not the pressed meat one often finds in chicken nuggets. The waffles are cute with Darth Vader’s helmet too.

And I was craving veggies so I chose the
Galactic Chicken Salad
Mixed Greens topped with Grilled Chicken Breast, Crisp Wonton, Black Bean Relish and Avocado served with Vinaigrette Dressing

5A6636C9-60F9-4548-9AD3-B0BB377EFC91.jpeg

It was just ok. The chicken while plentiful was a little tough and rough on a plastic knife and fork but the salad itself was crisp and tasty and had a nice blend of greens and the dressing had a pleasing tang to it and the creamy avacado and black beans was a nice contrast to the crispy won tons.

And for dessert we were given a choice of a red or blue churro light saber so that is churros for two days running! Yay! Being a smart aleck I couldn’t resist inserting a bad Star Wars joke in the pic - May the Fork Be With you!

4254955C-2A0F-4908-A824-499FE4CDF870.jpeg
Ok here is a nicer shot of them

58BC3E32-6EED-4A90-8A13-A7C26DDA5B40.jpeg
How cute are these with the paper light saber sleeves? And they are crispy and sweet. I liked the churros at La cantina d’San Angel more but these were way cuter and I could play with my food - so there’s that!

The tour also includes a very nice and close up reserved seating area for the Galactic Nights Star Wars Spectacular projection show and fireworks that you access with tour credentials.

All in all, since we are super Star Wars nerds it was great to get to experience pretty much every Star Wars attraction in the park and to get lots of backstory and history of Iger and his relationship with Lucas. It was a great way to get front of the line access for them and it was fun for us. The lunch was meh but that wasn’t a big surprise. It did the job until our dinner ADR at 50s PTC.

May the fork be with you, always.

We’ll see you back when Mom calls us in for dinner!

Last edited:

Kids! Time for dinner!

We arrived right on time and only waited a few minutes before being taken to an ideal TV table near the back of the restaurant in a fairly quiet area and found our server for the day was Kaydee! Kaydee has been at the 50s PTC for 12 years now and has the shtick down pat with just enough edge and still be friendly. Here we are with the fabulous Kaydee!

D24831D4-5A8B-4004-9C8D-04CAE1763682.jpeg

We set the table and after having our hands checked to be sure we washed up for dinner and placed our drink orders. I asked for a water with no ice and got a small bit of “oh we are going to be special” that made me laugh. Dylan got a PB&J milkshake and Jesse got iced tea. All delicious and perfect. I like the milkshake and we have replicated it at home. It’s just an awful lot of sweet. We then placed our orders. Jesse ordered the sampler, Dylan the chicken pot pie and since I already had the difficult reputation to live up to I chose the sampler as well but asked to sub in the chicken nuggets for the chicken on the bone.

We got an “In all my 12 years no one asked for kids food when mom is slaving over a hot stove frying chicken up for big kids but if that is really what you want...” and she trailed off to admonish a little girl at another table to get back in her seat.

We laughed and asked if she could travel with us to other restaurants to ask the same of other kids and she chuckled said they used to Saran Wrap kids into their chairs until someone got upset. I don’t quite get why you go to a place known for the attitude and get angry but I can see how it might upset a really sensitive kid. I admire those who work here as they really have to balance the fun and act. We also decided last minute to get a basket of onion rings to start and she asked me if I wanted them as they came or if I wanted the onions and batter separately. Ha!

But we were fine with them just like this!

• Beer-battered Onion Rings - and Horseradish Sauce - $8.00
C9C7E91A-7D43-4A93-9729-6868B332FFF7.jpeg

Crisp and tasty and a nice zing from the horseradish sauce but not too strong. I was starving so with that in mind they were FANTASTIC onion rings. I love them at the Sci Fi Dine In too and they are big and similar. A funny aside my husband does not like onions and he did indeed separate the onions from the batter and enjoyed them too.

The PB&J shake no longer comes in the fountain glass but just in the silver metal cup and ithat was fine by us. It was more than enough. I wish we had ordered it to share for dessert

9554AE8E-DCEE-433C-9635-C8663AA2EB51.jpeg

• A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes - Golden-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixings - $24.00

With traditional chicken

• 35BA829B-DCDE-433D-965D-B8824BC1209B.jpeg

• With nuggets subbed for fried chicken.

• 355A71A4-69EC-404D-B4C6-E8C56C60860B.jpeg
I love a bit of everything approach and I love pot roast. It’s tender but not cooked to mush and my piece was lean. I have seen complaints about gristle and fat but was not the case here and I suspect if you asked for a different piece you would be given one to your liking. It was just enough. It can be heavy and I think a full plate might not sit well if you planned to do Tower of Terror next. My chicken nuggets were just too crisp for my liking but the chicken inside was tender and mild. The star of the show for me was the meatloaf. It was just right in the seasoning. Nothing unfamiliar and the mashed potatoes and green beans were just right.

Jesse also liked all of it but does wish there was a roll with all that gravy. We asked and Kaydee offered crackers but that is just not the same. I seem to think it used to come with one but I might be dreaming.

• Grandma's Chicken Pot Pie - A creamy Cheese mixture of Chicken, Mushrooms, Carrots, Celery, Onions, and Peas topped with a flaky Pastry - $21.00
3CA79800-0F85-487F-AE80-31F96C3D2D24.jpeg
Dylan was delighted with the pot pie. The puff pastry was light and buttery and tender and the bite he shared with me tasted just like love from Mom’s kitchen. Lots of bright green peas, a few carrots and the mild aromatic flavor of celery and onion in a creamy sauce with bits of white meat chicken. He finished all of it and loved it. I never would have selected this just perusing the menu but I might next time after seeing it.

We were still enjoying our time at 50s PTC and wanted to prolong it a bit but no one wanted dessert so Jess and I ordered a coffee and Dylan a Diet Coke . We needed a bit of a caffeine kick to get us to Fantssmic. As we waited both boys visited the restroom and I was alone at the table. Kaydee brought the coffee and saw me alone and sat down for a coffee klatch. We visited a moment about her years at PTC and how to play the balancing game of the role and guest satisfaction. A little girl who was 4 or so at another table she was taking care of had her dessert and Kaydee invited her to join us for some “girl time” and she picked up her sundae and sat down at our table and we talked until Dylan came back and Kaydee sent him to sit with the other family. It was all great fun.

50s PTC holds a special place in our heart and it wasn’t in our original plan but I added it last minute. WY back when we were young parents and only had one child who was a mere three we made our first trip to WDW. We were stretching every dollar and only could afford one sit down meal and I read the descriptions of every restaurant in the guide book and we decided it was the one we might enjoy most and it was affordable. (That and we did a character breakfast in the Empress Lilly - remember those?) We had an amazing time and loved every second. That three year old will be 30 in September but I still remember how much we loved that day. It is just one of our special spots and this visit shined in pretty much every way. It’s nice some things don’t change.

Peace and we will be back later with some snacks and the busiest day I have ever seen at the MK (35 minute queue for the People Mover busy!)

7D9E3F08-2DA0-4911-B5F5-A8CC4CC4CCF9.jpeg Today’s Mediocrity brought to you by Tony’s Town Square - I urge you, Bella - do Notte do this. I so wanted to love it!

The day began with us following a vacation tradition and deciding the night before to cancel our reservation at Kona because it is my lot in life to never experience Tonga Toast. This is the fifth time I have reserved Kona for breakfast and the fifth time they have said “aaaaarrggh we don’t want to get up for early breakfast!”

So we cancelled it and grabbed a Joffrey’s Coffee and muffin at the Ticket and Transportation Center and hopped on the ferry and ate them on the ride over. No photos? Sorry - they looked like coffee and muffins. Nothing spectacular.

After a morning of dodging strollers and people who, for no explainable reason, stop in the middle of a walk way to lean on a stroller or check a phone, we were screaming on Big Thunder and Space Mountain and enchanted by Peter Pan and considered screaming on Small
World and the park was getting super crowded (35 minutes to ride the People Mover - I have had more personal space at Mardi Gras level crowded) and three straight days on my feet was really wearing on me so I needed to sit down inside and checked the app and got an ADR at Tony’s.

I had perused the menu on past trips and read reviews and y’all warned me. I just didn’t heed the warning. The reviews of “over priced Olive Garden” rattled in my brain but I thought “Hey, I am ok with Olive Garden and everything in Disney is overpriced so it’s fine.” So I made the ressie.

We checked in and it is a weird Disney Magic to see kids gather around the tv watching Lady and the Tramp with the sound off and sitting transfixed. The building is beautiful and the architecture is so pretty. I love the big windows and we were seated in the sunroom area. I love that the hatbox at the Chapeu is the same hatbox that Lady came home in from the film. The pictures on the windows are adorable. Our server was fantastic and friendly and helpful. So much was going right.

The bread service was a ciabatta with an olive oil and herb dipping sauce. It was bland. I added some pepper. I tried some salt too. The bread was tender and not quite chewy ciabatta and not quite Italian and the olive oil tasted cheap. Just not my thing.
DAA49EE8-BF8A-4F63-930E-1B86C99A55C8.jpeg

I had seen good reviews for the Zucchini Fritta so we ordered one to share

• Zucchini Fritte - Breaded and Seasoned Zucchini with creamy Sun-dried Tomato Dressing - $11.00
DE6F8E91-C594-4949-8298-BEA45E77D9CE.jpeg

These were the highlight of the meal. They are large zucchini fries, maybe 7-8” long and the sun dried dressing is tangy and the tomatoes give it depth. I enjoyed them and the boys scarfed them up!

Being at the Lady and the Tramp Restaurant, it seemed a safe bet to have spaghetti-

I chose the Chicken Parmesan. It was ok. Not even Olive Garden good but just ok in that it filled my stomach. It was soggy and the breast maybe should have been split or butterflied. It was really thick and then narrow so the cook was uneven and the top was tender and the bottom a little rubbery and the sauce was bland bland bland. Not a favorite but I have done this once and won’t again. Even with my brain in Disney Mode $26 for this was kind of offensive. It was nice sized it just wasn’t very good.

• Chicken Parmigiana - Lightly-breaded Chicken Breast with Melted Mozzarella and Tony's Marinara Sauce over Spaghetti - $26.00
2E94459E-580B-4E42-8BB3-3CD9FB578E88.jpeg

Dylan chose the spaghetti and sausage

3EDBDBC8-A693-4E9E-8CBD-7764CD495930.jpeg
And Jess did the classic spaghetti and meatballs at $22.00 each.
C2F8EDFB-8679-43F6-ACA6-3DEFE8D1E2A0.jpeg

Again bland sauce and mushy pasta. Mass appeal casualty I suppose.

This was no fault of the CM - he really was exceptional and more my fault. You warned me. I should have listened. It filled our bellies but at $130 for lunch before tip I wish it had some flavor.

Last edited:
Hi Dawn!

I don't know how I missed the start of this, but I'm totally here now. And as a government employee I must say I applaud your use of the term boondogle! Having been a party to them many times (best was when I was able to bring the hubby along to London) its a great way to sneak in some vacay!

Loving all of the flower and garden goodies. Its been a few years since we've been - and while I love food and wine - I think I like the smallness and simplicity of Flowr and Garden better.

You guys clearly have an amazing connection to 50's prime time and I'm glad this one didn't disappoint. I had a similar experience when my quick service parents took us there for a "fancy" dinner when I was a teenager and I fell in love. Unfortunately the hubby doesn't love it quite as much, but I can sneak it in every once in a while.

Sorry to hear that Tony's lived-up (or is it down) to the "hype." We've never done it, largely for all the reasons you stated. It's so sad that they have a great concept and location, but just can't deliver decent food.

Looking forward to more boondoggling!

Hey Kasey - glad you made it. Your reviews inspired a few of our choices (had brunch at CG Sunday - omg!!) and I do love a good boondoggle. My hubby travels so much that I often will use his miles to tag along if I can work it out. This month Disney, next month Vegas. It’s the perk for the price we paid as he accrued his executive platinum status. Lots of over seas and weeks long trips so the boondoggle is a way to see him.

And the 50sPTC isn’t gourmet but it’s got our hearts. Guess it’s sentimental but I can own that. And Tony’s - I am still shaking my head over Tony’s. It just boggles my mind because it’s so pretty inside. There are so many wonderful touches. The service was so good. Why is the food so meh? On the plus side there is a lot of it. But it’s off my Disney bucket list and I am meeting a local friend at the Nomad Lounge later today so things are looking up. Thanks for taking the time to read along. I hope I do This forum justice. It’s given me so much great info - when I heed it! I just want to pay it forward a bit.

Last edited:
View attachment 308025 Star Wars - 5 hours of Star Wars!

We embraced the power of the Park Side and set off to a galaxy far far away by catching an Uber to DHS for a 7:45 am check in time for our Star Wars Guided Tour. Our guides were quick witted friendly and very knowledgeable. A quick rundown of what you get for the $92 and change is the first ride of the day on Star Tours including entering the Bay Area with lights on, reserved seating for both of the Star Wars films Path of the Jedi and the one in the Star Wars Launch Bay theater, priority access to meet Chewie, BB8 and in our case because Kylo had a voice issue a couple of Storm Troopers who filled in and out credentials let us go see Kylo Ren later. We also had a guided tour through the exhibits in the Launch Bay, front row reserved seating for the two live stage shows and the opportunity to march behind Captain Phasma and the Stormtroopers in the parade. The day ends with all the children in the group getting a spot in the Jedi Training Academy. Lunch is included at the Backlot Express so on to the food!View attachment 308020

We placed our Star Wars Inspired Menu order at check in.

At lunchtime we arrived in a reserved area with a nice thick paper napkin plasticware roll and a moist towelette and mint. It was a nice touch.

Jess opted for the
1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger
1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger on a Kaiser Roll served with Carrot Sticks or French Fries - ha ha - no carrot sticks for this Jedi

View attachment 308021

We don’t tend to grab counter service burgers and this is why - it was dry and not too flavorful and needed a significant amount of condiments to make it more palatable. It’s a typical theme park burger hut it did come with a commerative Captain Phasma stein that made my heart sing and it will be lovely at home next to my Chewie Stein from the Star Wars Dessert Party a few years ago. That really spoiled me for dessert parties too as you’ll see later.

Dylan Chose
Dark Side Chicken and Waffles
Darth Vader Waffles topped with Chicken Breast Nuggets served with Maple Syrup

View attachment 308022

He said it was fine and liked the chicken nuggets and they are breast meat not the pressed meat one often finds in chicken nuggets. The waffles are cute with Darth Vader’s helmet too.

And I was craving veggies so I chose the
Galactic Chicken Salad
Mixed Greens topped with Grilled Chicken Breast, Crisp Wonton, Black Bean Relish and Avocado served with Vinaigrette Dressing

View attachment 308023

It was just ok. The chicken while plentiful was a little tough and rough on a plastic knife and fork but the salad itself was crisp and tasty and had a nice blend of greens and the dressing had a pleasing tang to it and the creamy avacado and black beans was a nice contrast to the crispy won tons.

And for dessert we were given a choice of a red or blue churro light saber so that is churros for two days running! Yay! Being a smart aleck I couldn’t resist inserting a bad Star Wars joke in the pic - May the Fork Be With you!

View attachment 308024
Ok here is a nicer shot of them

View attachment 308027
How cute are these with the paper light saber sleeves? And they are crispy and sweet. I liked the churros at La cantina d’San Angel more but these were way cuter and I could play with my food - so there’s that!

The tour also includes a very nice and close up reserved seating area for the Galactic Nights Star Wars Spectacular projection show and fireworks that you access with tour credentials.

All in all, since we are super Star Wars nerds it was great to get to experience pretty much every Star Wars attraction in the park and to get lots of backstory and history of Iger and his relationship with Lucas. It was a great way to get front of the line access for them and it was fun for us. The lunch was meh but that wasn’t a big surprise. It did the job until our dinner ADR at 50s PTC.

May the fork be with you, always.

We’ll see you back when Mom calls us in for dinner!

Oh
My
Gosh

how have I never heard of this?

I will admit a few things. My kid loves star wars, but we have never done any of that stuff, except for the Jedi Training Academy, which is always an exercise in stress as we get there super early for rope drop and then try not to get trampled on the way to the signups. I was kind of hoping I could talk him out of doing it on our next trip. But we have never seen the star wars fireworks because on our 2016 trip they switched to the holiday show and we only had a couple of park days on our last trip and didn't bother with HS.... I don't think we've even been in launch bay, and have never seen any of the star wars shows or done the character greetings because kiddo has a huge problem with long character lines. So it was what? like 8am til 1pm and then you had credentials to return for the fireworks and you have the afternoon to yourself?

This seems so freaking cool! Like I literally never even knew this existed! You are my favorite person right now!

80614E2C-15D2-4159-AF9F-BCFB0FB739BC.jpeg
Oh
My
Gosh

how have I never heard of this?

I will admit a few things. My kid loves star wars, but we have never done any of that stuff, except for the Jedi Training Academy, which is always an exercise in stress as we get there super early for rope drop and then try not to get trampled on the way to the signups. I was kind of hoping I could talk him out of doing it on our next trip. But we have never seen the star wars fireworks because on our 2016 trip they switched to the holiday show and we only had a couple of park days on our last trip and didn't bother with HS.... I don't think we've even been in launch bay, and have never seen any of the star wars shows or done the character greetings because kiddo has a huge problem with long character lines. So it was what? like 8am til 1pm and then you had credentials to return for the fireworks and you have the afternoon to yourself?

This seems so freaking cool! Like I literally never even knew this existed! You are my favorite person right now!

That is absolutely correct. 8-1 and a guaranteed spot in Jedi Training! There are many tours and we try to pick one each trip since we have been several times and with the amount of construction in DHS it was a great way to tour and skip the lines.

It was a bit spendy at $92 per person but not waiting in lines was priceless. The films experience is kind of meh and we are big fans but the character interaction and marching in the parade was really cool. We had a good time and they take great care of you! The shows were front row reserved areas too. And the fireworks are awesome. You have a credential on a lanyard to go back and sit right in front just up the stairs.

They do ask you to wear a headset to hear them. Not sure if that might be a sensory issue for the kiddo but info you can file away. I think they work with headphones you can bring if that is easier. I read that somewhere I think. Ask when you call.

This is a photo of the credentials and the headse. It goes around the shell of your ear and the battery piece clips on. You also get a custom name tag with your name in Aurebesh. The back of the credentials has a decoder and there are puzzles you can decide through the tour. And also the Phasma stein. I suspect it can change but these were cool! You can chose to be light side or dark side too. Your planet assignment is used to guide you to your table at lunch. Again I loved being in a reserved and uncrowded area!
E53EC0DA-4881-482D-9E2D-8C968903F8E3.jpeg

Still with the priority access it might be a good fit for you. If you use the My Disney Experience App go to the top and scroll to “TOURS” for a full list of tours Disney offers. Then just call to book. It was a good time for us.

Other tours we have loved that you might like - Behind the Seeds at Epcot (very reasonable) UnDISCOVERed Epcot (a tour of the front of Epcot with priority access to Soarin and Test Track and Spaceship Earth you get to hold a piece of the metal from Spaceship Earth - squee!!! And Keys to the Kingdom but I think you have to be 16 to do that as you go to the utilidors and backstage to see the parade floats and Tink’s landing spot.

Hope it does work for you! Would love to know I helped someone with this review!!

Last edited:
Next up Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party with Plaza View - I am so off my original plans it’s hilarious but I am having fun! Now off to close out my trip at Animal Kingdom and to meet a friend for snacks and small plates at Nomad Lounge.

I'm loving your trip report! Can't wait to hear about the California Grill Brunch! I would so love to do that, but I don't even know when I will get to go back. We were supposed to do Kona on our last Morning, but ended up doing captain cooks,I had Tonga toast for the first time, on our last trip. It was Amazing! It will be on my must do list from now on.

Enjoying your entertaining writing style. What a great 50s PT experience . Going to Flower and Garden in May so really appreciate the Booth reviews. Looking forward to the rest . Oh , and I hate coconut too yuck !

Last edited:
I'm loving your trip report! Can't wait to hear about the California Grill Brunch! I would so love to do that, but I don't even know when I will get to go back. We were supposed to do Kona on our last Morning, but ended up doing captain cooks,I had Tonga toast for the first time, on our last trip. It was Amazing! It will be on my must do list from now on.

Thanks so much! It was fun to relive and review bits of it when I woke up earlier than everyone else. Those boys like their sleep! I gotta say that the a California Grill Brunch was fantastic and as a bonus you can return in the evening to watch fireworks from the observervation deck! I think it is my lot in life to remain Tonga Toastless.

Your pictures are so pretty!

Thanks! I have been using an app called Foodie to take them and it makes them photographer much brighter and crisper. I took them all on an IPhone 7plus. It’s free! Check it out!

Enjoying your entertaining writing style. What a great 50s PT experience . Going to Flower and Garden in May so really appreciate the Booth reviews. Looking forward to the rest . Oh , and I hate coconut too yuck !

Thanks DLo! I hope you enjoy the F&G booths too. I love this time of year. I think this is our third or fourth visit during it and it’s so pretty. I love the butterfly house and topiary displays! Hope you have a blast!

00EE2690-53B6-4786-9C6D-554421928FCB.jpeg

I’ve always been reticent to do these dessert parties but I am so so so glad I did! The park was insanely busy. There was a 30 minute wait for the People Mover. Fastpasses were scarce. Strollers were doing battle with ECVs. Band groups were bumping into cheerleaders and walkways were clogged! It was mayhem, I tell you! Spring Break mayhem!

And sometimes my husband who will raise an eyebrow during the planning process becomes a totally different person as we experience something and when we checked in and were led to this table where it was reserved and quiet, it happened. He was happy and content and said he was happy we did it. The park was insane and it was cold. 60ish and breezy. I sat in the glow of this cute color changing LED candle while he let me sit with the backpacks and bags and he and Dylan made a buffet pass. Jess brought me coffee and Dylan took the buffet photos. They were getting into the whole review thing. In fact they were happily reminding each other not to take a bite until we took a pic. As a result I now have pics of ubiquitous Mickey bars and Mickey ice cream sandwiches to review. Lucky you! It’s a rare snack right? Lol

He came back and said “We didn’t pay $59 each for cupcakes. It’s for not sitting out on the hub, freezing, for two hours. This is awesome!”

And it was. The desserts are plentiful. Who doesn’t love adorable mini desserts? Cute little cupcakes? Decorate your own cookies? Ice cream! Lemonade and tea and sparkling cider in fluted glasses! It’s kind of adorable! But the best part is when you are done and in our case about 15 minutes before the fireworks started we went to the podium and were led to a the reserved garden area to view the amazing (made me cry like a fourth grade girl) Happily Ever After Fireworks and projection show. Let me repeat - O M G, O M G, O M G, O M G, O M G those fireworks!

Btw, I loved the Happily Ever After Fireworks. I love Wishes. I have great memories of Wishes. I was blown away!

CAA892E9-A05C-4F66-89A5-D54FF4FCCDAD.jpeg

Ok so food - here is a sampling of the offerings.
0765BD46-5217-4096-9F72-B67160F904F5.jpeg
A cute little plate with a Chocolate Villian cupcake, Red Velvet Happily Ever After Cupcake, a Mickey Oreo cake with grey stuff and ears, a macaroon, strawberry tart. Aren’t they cute?

Some other offerings are below.
0E3B8C51-A501-4CC5-B9A7-514EA66F0418.jpeg

These are fine. A lot like the ones you can buy at Costco.

CFB73179-E209-48AB-B433-68545324CBDC.jpeg

Jess said it was canned pineapple but he liked it.

62926428-AEF1-4000-84BD-D5D90F11019D.jpeg

These were nice. A butter cookie crust and the berry was fresh and nice.

D27DC14F-0C80-4054-B624-5E57E017CA0E.jpeg

Chocolate dipped strawberries and how adorable are they? My gracious they are adorable!

453366D5-E9A1-403D-A16E-3199640B7E20.jpeg

Dark and fudgy and balanced by the tart berry! Mmmm

5DD6417F-88AA-427B-A089-1F0F671540E6.jpeg

Kind of dry and commercial bakery bland.

44684FBF-D9F2-4EB1-9357-079B3D1FCA5E.jpeg

Oh they are cute so who cares that it just an Oreo with some cookies and cream fluff! They are so cute!

Hit my photo limit so more in next post...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter