• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bob Barker Has Passed Away

Never watched Price is Right, did watch Truth or Consequences when he was the host. 99, he had a good long life.

Summer break and sick days weren’t complete without TPIR. I couldnt watch after he retired. I don’t dislike Drew Carey, but he just wasn’t Bob.

RIP, and because of you we are still helping control the pet population by having our pets spade and neutered. Goodbye, Mr. Barker.

RIP Bob.....such a part of my childhood.
Used to watch Truth or Consequences with my grandmother and then Price is Right later with my own family.

RIP.

Pluto TV has a Game Show Channel, and it had a Price is Right: The Barker Era sub-channel that runs 1980s The Price is Right episodes 24/7. So you can relive those 1980s Price is Right moments any time, all day long!

Watching it you can really see what a pro Barker was. He was charming and knew how to keep things moving and engage with the contestants.

Growing up my great-grandmother and grandfather would watch The Price Is Right and I liked to watch with them as a kid and my great-grandmother would only watch it because it came on before The Young And The Restless and my great-grandmother was a pro at The Price Is Right and I knew some of the prices well too even before she did. But I do play The Price Is Right video games on my Nintendo DS and I can win some games easily. But two pricing games I dislike that I can never win are Safe Cracker and Bonkers. But I do love Punch-A-Bunch and the car game where you win a car and you count the horn honks and if the numbers are correct you win the car

Kay Michigan, I hope your area does get Pluto! We don't yet anyway out here in LA. I sure wish we did! I would love to watch TPIR with Bob on the TV not via computer streaming.

I always watched Price with my grandma if I was home from school. She was so good at it, but I couldn't ever talk her into going on the show. I haven't watched since Bob retired. Drew Carey is fine, but to me he's just wrong in that job.

RIP to one of the greats. Thank you and godspeed good sir.

Thanks, Jormom! I will have to look into that. We do have a Smart TV. It's not Bluetooth enabled if that makes a difference, I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter