BOG and Happily Ever After

lorileahb

DIS Veteran
Hi - we have BOG reservations at 9:15 p.m. on an evening that Happily Ever After starts at 9 p.m. I know the show is 18 mins - didn't know if there was any grace period to make our reservation? I've been trying hard to find a much earlier or later time with no luck.

I would not try to do both of those on the same night with dinner at that time -- I've been 10ish minutes late for an ADR and luckily they didn't give my spot to someone else yet, but I wouldn't risk it.

There is a bit of a grace period, but unless you watch the fireworks from right in front of BOG, you will probably be too late. I think trying to go from the front of the castle in the fireworks crowd to BOG would take more than a couple of minutes. Also, the fireworks don't always start exactly on time so it's entirely possible they won't finish on time either. It's BOG so I'm sure you can't move the reservation back 15 minutes which would be my first suggestion....can you do HEA another night?

There is a bit of a grace period, but unless you watch the fireworks from right in front of BOG, you will probably be too late. I think trying to go from the front of the castle in the fireworks crowd to BOG would take more than a couple of minutes. Also, the fireworks don't always start exactly on time so it's entirely possible they won't finish on time either. It's BOG so I'm sure you can't move the reservation back 15 minutes which would be my first suggestion....can you do HEA another night?

Thanks for the feedback. It's the only night we can go to fireworks - the other night we are there is MVMCP and we won't be able to go to that so we have to leave before the fireworks. I'm on the 2 reservation finders and constantly checking Disney site. I will keep hoping for an early dinner on the party night or a new time on the regular night!

Hi - we have BOG reservations at 9:15 p.m. on an evening that Happily Ever After starts at 9 p.m. I know the show is 18 mins - didn't know if there was any grace period to make our reservation? I've been trying hard to find a much earlier or later time with no luck.

Even if you can get away with it, which would depend on the restaurant, the CM, and the night, it is really quite rude.

By far the worst Disney dining experience I've ever had was with a post-Wishes ADR at Crystal Palace, and it was mostly because of how many people took the "not perfect" 8 or 8:15 ADRs and just showed up after enjoying the 8pm fireworks. We waited almost a half-hour just to check in as I listened to one family after another check in late for pre- or during-Wishes ADR times. None were turned away, and we were ultimately seated almost an hour after our ADR time. None of us enjoyed the meal much because by the time they called our name we were beyond hangry and resentful that dinner was taking up so much of evening EMH. In hindsight I should just have left and disputed the cancellation fee (which both the hostess and manager said we'd be charged if we didn't wait) with Guest Services later.

Thanks for all the feedback. We've never been able to enjoy BOG with the Beast and are looking forward to it. We want to stop by for dessert only and to meet the Beast. We will keep the reservation and leave fireworks early if need to - that's why we were asking (not trying to get away with anything or be rude). Hopefully a different time will open up and we can make all of both. Either way, we plan to enjoy the experience - a little gray stuff, time with the beast and lots of fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter