BOG paper plates only

Until the regular plates come back, I'm personally not buying the dishwasher replacement story

(Not saying anyone is lying but this could still be some sort of a test)

And you track these items to ensure that they don’t end up in the Pacific dump? Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorant of what exactly?

If everyone REDUCES their usage of plastics, then by definition of FACT, less plastics make their way into the environment - no matter the ocean or landfill.

The "green" argument on the restaurants board is ridiculous. Surely, there's another more appropriate forum here on the Dis.
Since the vast portion of the waste we all create at Disney occurs from our food (i.e., packaging, wrappers, & utensils), this is most certainly the place to have the discussion.

And I have sensitive teeth and need a straw. No need for a lecture on the restaurant board.
That's funny - I'm supposedly lecturing you while you invoke your medical need to address a policy decision that negatively impacts everyone.

And for what it's worth, I'd be the first to defend the need for alternatives for people with medical conditions.

So I'll venture a guess that even you'd agree that everyone driving around Disney in motorized vehicles would not be a good thing, doesn't mean we should outlaw motorized vehicles. But if use of motorized vehicles can be REDUCED, that would be a good policy - like REDUCING the amount of plastic Disney throws away every day.

Last edited:

That's funny - I'm supposedly lecturing you while you invoke your medical need to address a policy decision that negatively impacts everyone.

And for what it's worth, I'd be the first to defend the need for alternatives for people with medical conditions.

So I'll venture a guess that even you'd agree that everyone driving around Disney in motorized vehicles would not be a good thing, doesn't mean we should outlaw motorized vehicles. But if use of motorized vehicles can be REDUCED, that would be a good policy - like REDUCING the amount of plastic Disney throws away every day.
Not sure why that's funny. But I'll pass on having an environmental debate here.

Until the regular plates come back, I'm personally not buying the dishwasher replacement story

(Not saying anyone is lying but this could still be some sort of a test)

yes i did. other sources have said it is because of money.

Not a test and not because of money. It's because the dishroom is being remodeled. I have first hand experience with the situation. Real plates are being used for breakfast. Lunch is being used to get everything cleaned and caught up for dinner, dinner is also using real dishes.

Just me - I believe the switch to Paper Plates is TOTALLY in keeping with level of BOG Food offerings...
The only thing I feel sorry for is that WONDERFUL building :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Ignorant of what exactly?

If everyone REDUCES their usage of plastics, then by definition of FACT, less plastics make their way into the environment - no matter the ocean or landfill.
Your not using them only causes the CMs to toss them. They aren’t going to reuse items already served. The fact that you aren’t personally throwing them away has zero impact.

I dunno why they don't just make BOG an all-day table service restaurant at this point. They'll reap the profits and they would have to improve the food served at breakfast and lunch. It would be a win-win, I would think.

Plus the idea that I need to make a reservation for a quick service is just absurd.

This is ridiculous. Why does Disneyland have no problem with real plates at most CS, but WDW is removing them from one of the very few ones that had it?

Not a test and not because of money. It's because the dishroom is being remodeled. I have first hand experience with the situation. Real plates are being used for breakfast. Lunch is being used to get everything cleaned and caught up for dinner, dinner is also using real dishes.

Ok, if this is the case, that makes sense. Thanks for posting.

By your own admission - your place of employment and/or Disney are using plastic utensils to save time & money.

This has nothing to do with being 'green' - as I used as the basis to my argument.

This has nothing to do with preventing the spread of allergens - since your grandson was impacted from merely standing in place.
It has everything to do with another way to reduce staff. They don't need people to wash dishes and don't need waitstaff to clear the tables if they use cheap paper plates.

Just me - I believe the switch to Paper Plates is TOTALLY in keeping with level of BOG Food offerings...
The only thing I feel sorry for is that WONDERFUL building :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
I agree with you. We've eaten at BOG three times and it was a massive disappointment each time. It is such a lovely restaurant that is being wasted.

It has everything to do with another way to reduce staff. They don't need people to wash dishes and don't need waitstaff to clear the tables if they use cheap paper plates.

I doubt they have humans washing dishes anywhere. I’m guessing that all of the restaurants that have real dishes also have dishwashers.

Also, why don’t they need waitstaff if they use paper plates? Like regular dishes, paper plates do not have legs and cannot walk to a waste receptacle. Waitstaff will still be needed to pick up the paper plates.

Besides, it’s already been established that this is happening because of a kitchen refurb.

This is ridiculous. Why does Disneyland have no problem with real plates at most CS, but WDW is removing them from one of the very few ones that had it?

Ok, if this is the case, that makes sense. Thanks for posting.

Real plates will be back when the remodel is finished. The dish washing area has troubles keeping up with the work load of plates the way it was plus all the other things they need to wash. By expanding it they're going to take off a lot of pressure from the dish washers. After the remodel is finished there really shouldn't be a problem keeping up with all the dishes and all the things from the kitchen that need to be cleaned. It's going to be a big improvement.

I doubt they have humans washing dishes anywhere. I’m guessing that all of the restaurants that have real dishes also have dishwashers.

Also, why don’t they need waitstaff if they use paper plates? Like regular dishes, paper plates do not have legs and cannot walk to a waste receptacle. Waitstaff will still be needed to pick up the paper plates.

Besides, it’s already been established that this is happening because of a kitchen refurb.
Dishwashers don’t load and unload themselves, even at Disney. It may possibly be happening due to a kitchen remodel but that doesn’t mean real dishware will be returning when the remodel is complete.

Dishwashers don’t load and unload themselves, even at Disney. It may possibly be happening due to a kitchen remodel but that doesn’t mean real dishware will be returning when the remodel is complete.

See the post above the one you made. Real dishes will be coming back.

Actually, it hasn't. We've had a couple posters say that. I've read other articles that say it's a test. We'll see what we see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter