Bonnet Creek Info with Pics

How many 2 bedroom building do they have a Bonnet Creek? Also, was the mini golf open? And how late is the pools open? We got a map for the differnt stores and Publix looks good.

Mike

Thanks for all of this great info and pictures from everyone:flower3: . I'll be there in October for the first time we owners. So nice to hear such great reviews.:cool1:

... We always stay on Disney property.... My DH is a little nervous about giving up the convenience of Disney transportation.

Yeah, that's us. I saw the schedule on the first page and am still unsure about relying soley on their shuttle. We like to be at the parks at least 1/2 hr. before opening, esp. at MK. Other problem is there will be 12 of us... rent a mini van and a car or a 12 passenger van or just stick with their shuttles? (Of course if we do that we still have the issue of getting from and back to the airport)
Anyone ever stayed at Bonnet and NOT gotten a rental car AND been happy with their transportation? Thanks for any input you may have!

Yeah, that's us. I saw the schedule on the first page and am still unsure about relying soley on their shuttle. We like to be at the parks at least 1/2 hr. before opening, esp. at MK. Other problem is there will be 12 of us... rent a mini van and a car or a 12 passenger van or just stick with their shuttles? (Of course if we do that we still have the issue of getting from and back to the airport) One of the other families going is like us- they've never stayed off-site.

Anyone ever stayed at Bonnet and NOT gotten a rental car AND been happy with their transportation? Thanks for any input you may have!

There will be 12 of us staying at Bonnet Creek May 12-19. It is my first time off-site and of course my biggest concern is transportation. We have rented three cars through Dollar using the code KISS2. My biggest concern with the Bonnet Creek shuttle service was the lack of early afternoon return times. We will be traveling with our two DSs and our two nieces. We know we will need to get back to the resort for some afternoon rest/swim time. I can post again when we return to let you know my thoughts.

Mike, there are two pool areas open now with a third planned. The one by the activity center has zero entry, the floating river and the kids water play area. The one on the other side of the lake (bet. bldgs. 2 & 3) has a slide - good for young school-aged children. Both have hot tubs. While I cannot say for BC, my experience at other Fairfield resorts (including others in Kissimmee) is that the pools are usually available until around 11PM but the slide will be closed much earlier, probably around 5PM. The minigolf is open now too, near bldg. 2.

There are not designated buildings for certain condo sizes. Each building has a number of units of each size. It seems to me that Fairfield tends to build more 2BRs than any other sizes at their purpose-built resorts, with 1BRs next. It's unusual for them to have a purpose-built resort without lock-off units. Bonnet Creek has no studios and no lock-offs so with (probably) at least 150 2BRs, this number is not reduced by locking them off into 2 1BRs apiece.

For those going with large groups without a rental car, you may want to reconsider. Having at least one car will enable you to split up more readily when you want/need to. I'd look for a mini-van and a midsize or 2 full size cars. Also, if you need to use an occasional taxicab, make it a shorter/cheaper ride. Use Disney transport between the parks and Caribbean Beach Resort, DownTown Disney or even the BoardWalk area resorts. Then a taxi ride between any of those and Bonnet Creek is short. I've read recently that it's $10-$12 between DownTown Disney and Bonnet Creek. Caribbean Beach Resort is even closer (practically next door but not walkable) so should be under $10 one-way. This can be a reasonable filler when the shuttle schedule or car accessibility is a problem or after an evening partying. HTH!

We haven't stayed at BC yet but loved it when we looked around a couple years ago. There's a lot of timeshare info on tug2.net and Fairfield/Wyndham info on the Yahoo! Group for Fairfield_Timeshare owners. Enjoy your trips! :goodvibes

I really dont know what I would do without all of you! This has been very helpful. We are coming in on June 14th and staying at All Star Sports Resort until Sunday. I have my daughter until Saturday when grandma babysits her for a day. Meanwhile, I will get to play at the parks (MGM) until check in. Thats when we head over to our timeshare at Bonnet Creek. And then my family is flying in with the rental car so we can get groceries. Thanks again for everything! You all rock more than you will ever know!

Mike

Are there beach towels available at Bonnet Creek or should we pack our own? We will be there in 9 days. We can't wait!!!!

There should be beach/pool towels in your room upon arrival (big striped ones) - if you don't have any (we didn't) contact the front desk and they will have them sent to you.

Hi Mom22boys--please post your thoughts on BC when you get back!

We will also have 12. We are planning to rent two vans, I can't imagine trying to get around using the shuttle.

Those of you going with big groups--it looks like there are several of us with parties of 12!--are you renting 3 bedroom + studio? Two 2-bedrooms? Anyone putting 10 in a 3 bedroom? What are your configurations?

We will also have 12. We are planning to rent two vans, I can't imagine trying to get around using the shuttle.

Those of you going with big groups--it looks like there are several of us with parties of 12!--are you renting 3 bedroom + studio? Two 2-bedrooms? Anyone putting 10 in a 3 bedroom? What are your configurations?

I would be more than happy to post my thoughts when we get back! I am guessing they will be pretty positive. I am typically a "sees the glass half full" type of person. Life just feels better that way.:goodvibes

Can't remember if I posted this earlier, but we have rented two 2 bedroom units. We will have 6 people in each unit. I do know that the two bedroom units will sleep 8. The master has a King. The second bedroom has two doubles, and the sofa in the living room is a sleeper sofa. We tried to get a 4 bedroom Presidential suite, but even at 11 months out they were all booked up.

We just bought into Fairfield/Wyndham today! We're so excited!

Congratulations! Did you buy from the developer or a resale? I've seen resales for this resort at well over half off the purchase price. Just a thought, in case you are still within the recission period for a developer purchase.

Consider joining the Fairfield_timeshare email group on Yahoo! Groups to learn how to get the most from your ownership. There are a few thousand of us over there, with lots of experience with this system. Anyway, we sure enjoy our FF/Wyn ownership (resale). I hope you do too! :)

Yes, "Mom22boys"- please let us know your thoughts after your trip.

And "2belles'mom" we also have 12 going and are considering either a mini van and a full sized car or one of those big 12 passenger vans. We've only experienced Disney's on-site shuttles and I'm scared to chance Bonnet Creek's (I'm sure it's great, but not sure on the convenience factor!)

We are staying in two 3-bedrooms: Mom, Dad, DS & DD; Mom, Dad, DS in one unit and Mom, Dad, DD, DD and the DD from the 2nd family in the 2nd unit(keeping teen girls in one area will make us all happier!!! :))

Really looking forward to hearing everyone's trips!

Congratulations! Did you buy from the developer or a resale? I've seen resales for this resort at well over half off the purchase price. Just a thought, in case you are still within the recission period for a developer purchase.

Consider joining the Fairfield_timeshare email group on Yahoo! Groups to learn how to get the most from your ownership. There are a few thousand of us over there, with lots of experience with this system. Anyway, we sure enjoy our FF/Wyn ownership (resale). I hope you do too! :)

Thanks for the yahoo group tip.

As far as transportation for large groups, we had one small SUV for 10 people (half of them adults). Because we were there at Christmas, I actually preferred taking the shuttle to the parks in the morning so I didn't have to hassle with traffic and parking. Then we either had someone from our group pick us up or we took a cab back to Bonnet Creek. I think the cab was $12 to $15. Do call early for the shuttle. A couple of times they told us they were full.

Does anyone know how the heck you contact an owner who is renting out his timeshare on Redweek? I have found one but can't figure out how to send and email:confused3

I have just booked for Dec. Found the owner on myresortnetwork.com. There are lots of owners listed and they all have contcat details. Have never booked like this before so a little nervous but so far the owner has been great. Good luck

I just got a great deal from someone on ebay. I'm a little nervous and hope everything works out. I've never done anything like this before. The seller had a ton of great reviews.

I have just booked for Dec. Found the owner on myresortnetwork.com. There are lots of owners listed and they all have contcat details. Have never booked like this before so a little nervous but so far the owner has been great. Good luck

Do you mind sharing your owners name?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter