"Booty is Booty" Burger King commercial?

SydSim

<font color=royalblue>Keep Dancin'<br><font color=
Just saw a BK commercial that is advertising their kid's meal, with the SpongeBob toy. It's like a music video that has dancers dancing in shorts with "square" butts like SpongeBob, and shaking their butts for the camera. (It even measures the butt, saying it's a right angle). It ends with a guy who looks like he's supposed to be a rapper, sitting on the sofa with two "video girls" and he says "Booty is booty".

Now I know it's 9 o'clock at night, but it is a commercial for a KIDS meal. Does anybody else find this odd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gMZ62PsvRM

OMG! I was JUST coming here to post about this. I was like "Is this REALLY for a KIDS meal?"

ETA: It's sad but I LMAO watching this commercial 'cause it is just flat out ridiculous.

That commercial is really dumb. I'm glad I don't have a TV.

I don't think younger kids will understand the meaning, and I think older kids will know the music video it's referring to.. all the same, they could have thought of something much more fun with Sponge Bob, instead of something so unrelated and questionable.

I generally like BK ads when I see them. The "removing the whopper" videos were hilarious.

Burger King really needs to fire their marketing department. I'll never forget the idiotic "My time of the month" ad campaign, where people (women and men) were talking about their "time of the month". They meant the time when they are expecting their next pay check and might be low on cash, but seriously, to hear a guy on the radio saying it is "his time of the month" creeped me out so bad I doubt I will ever go to Burger King again! Who in the heck wants to associate the phrase "time of the month" with an eating establishment????

It's a take-off on Sir Mix-A-Lot's song "Baby Got Back." In fact, I think that's Mix-A-Lot on the sofa at the end saying "Booty is booty."

Even though it's advertising a Burger King kid's meal, I don't think it's aimed at kids, per se. A lot of teens and young adults love SpongeBob Squarepants. I think this commercial is more designed to catch their eye.

That said, the Burger King king gives me the creeps. Maybe I'm turning into an old fogey, but their whole marketing campaign for the past couple of years goes right over my head.

Wow, I just saw the Hardees "it's more than a piece of meat" commercial and I almost had to take a cold shower!!

It's clear these commercials are being marketed to the men who are watching the NCAA game. I expect to see Jessica Simpson writhing on the hood of a car next!!

omg everyone is making way too big of a deal out of this commercial. It's funny. The commercial says at the end you have to buy and ADULT meal to get the kids meal so its also aimed at adults. yes kids might see it but if you have such a big problem then why don't you just turn the TV off so your kids don't see it, After all its your job as a parent to raise your child. And while your at it, maybe you should consider turning off spongebob and a lot of the other "kids" shows because if you watch them now and compare the meaning of half the jokes in them as to when you were in the "targeted market", a bunch of those jokes are pretty adult themed and oriented. For instance, the episode where Patrick and Spongebob raise a child together (homosexual relationship), or the whole episode full of curse words bleeped out by various sounds. Also take away all the barbies, don't let them watch the news, and take away the newspapers.

:)

I don't think it's offensive, but I don't see it being effective. I don't want to be reminded of my big butt when thinking of hamburgers.

I think that's Sir Mix A lot at the end no?? Looks like him the orginal singer of the song.

I thought it was just a typical out there bk commercial. And I hope they are not going to be showing that one on Nickelodeon.

Ever watched Spongebob? Have you seen how many jokes about the butt they have? No worse than the show itself, really. It's hilarious!

I think its hilarious :lmao:

ETA its aimed at us parents who grew up in the day when Baby's Got Back was popular. We are the ones buying those kids meals for our kids now. Yes, it is Sir Mix a Lot at the end.
In one of the Shrek movies Donkey sings that song, its no big deal my kids have seen it a hundred times.

That was so funnny!!!:thumbsup2

I can see who it is aimed at and in that demo I think it will be fine.

By the way I saw the one they are airing on Nickelodeon and it's kids on the beach- so they are targeting the Sir Mix A Lot ad to a different audience

If I weren't already not eating BK, I really wouldn't now.

What ever happened to a little class? (And yes, I know we're talking about a fast food establishment here, but isn't anyone else sick of all the trash?)

I think its hilarious :lmao:

ETA its aimed at us parents who grew up in the day when Baby's Got Back was popular. We are the ones buying those kids meals for our kids now. Yes, it is Sir Mix a Lot at the end.
In one of the Shrek movies Donkey sings that song, its no big deal my kids have seen it a hundred times.

*Gasp* We agree on something! (Actually, we've been in agreement a lot lately) :hug:

Anyway, I thought it was hilarious, but I did say to DH, "wanna bet the Dis is freaking out about this tomorrow?" :lmao:

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it, but a love a PP post about not wanting to think about my big butt when I go to BK.:thumbsup2

I haven't seen it, yet. But, I'll be thrilled if I never see another one with the "Burger King" king on there. He's just creepy looking to me. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter