Boulder Ridge Referb

Saw this in a Facebook post and not sure what to make of it:

A bit confusing/concerning.
It is strange. I can tell you when I went into the two rooms being renovated, everything was gone and/or ripped out. Everything from countertops, cabinets, flooring, the tubs, showers, tiles, sinks - all removed. The TV's were removed. Now are they putting them back in? Who knows, but I doubt it. It will be interesting to see what happens in October when I was told renovations would be in full swing.

The pics we saw earlier were rooms completely gutted.
Exactly. There’s zero chance a TV would be on, or even have anything to sit on based on what we’ve seen (and my experience as a contractor), and how did that person see all the way into a shower to see the shampoo containers? I don’t believe it, but it was thrown out there and I figured I’d pass it along.

False alarm. They said they were in an unrefurbed room and just peeked in to one being worked on. The TV and soap/shampoo stuff was in their room, not a refurbed room (which wasn’t what was asked).

Anyway…

False alarm. They said they were in an unrefurbed room and just peeked in to one being worked on. The TV and soap/shampoo stuff was in their room, not a refurbed room (which wasn’t what was asked).

Anyway…
Was anyone actually alarmed by this?

Saw this in a Facebook post and not sure what to make of it:

A bit confusing/concerning.
I'm pretty sure they'd redo the bathrooms. This doesn't really make sense. Although to be fair, the whole BRV refurb hasn't made a lot of sense.

I really just posted it to give us something to talk about since we've had a dearth of factual updates of late.
I was surprised that there weren't more photos at D23. Like they've gutted rooms but aren't letting anyone know what the rooms will look like. That just seems odd...especially since the test rooms have been done for awhile.

If we don't have an onsite update by next week I'm going on a mission.

We are staying Kidani for a couple nights pre-cruise and I will go to BRV for an eyewitness report. Not sure I will be able to see anything different but I will give it the old DVC try.

Which in itself is sad. As owners we should be given SOMETHING.

Since DVC has been offering open houses at all the resorts perhaps the ones being given at BRV will showcase the new rooms at some point.
Right now, the Wilderness Lodge DVC open house only features the CCV 2BR lock off villa. Even though the BRV model units have been sitting empty for almost two years.

If we don't have an onsite update by next week I'm going on a mission.

We are staying Kidani for a couple nights pre-cruise and I will go to BRV for an eyewitness report. Not sure I will be able to see anything different but I will give it the old DVC try.

Which in itself is sad. As owners we should be given SOMETHING.
I was just going to ask, who is having a trip coming up soon, that is able to stop by and see what’s happening, thank you so much!!…

I think the SSR increase had little to do with its refurb and more to do with just DVC resale going up.

SSR is still below everything except BRV and OKW.
Why do you think BRV is low priced?
I own there and I love it!
Other resorts end 2042?
Very curious:-)
Thanks

Why do you think BRV is low priced?
I own there and I love it!
Other resorts end 2042?
Very curious:-)
Thanks

I think BWV commands slightly more because of the ease to Epcot for all the festivals and pretty easy access to HS.

BCV has all that but has SAB and that alone ups it’s price. BRV is nice and quiet but has always just been less popular both as DVC and as a cash hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter