Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

From what I recall, those rooms were some of the first refurbed rooms released and did not have Murphy beds. My understanding is top floor (4th on one side, 5th on the other) do not have Murphy beds. I also haven’t seen any photos of those rooms in the atrium that have a weird shape. The couch used to sit on a half wall so it’s possible they may not have them either.

So is it only the Murphy beds in the living room that is missing or do the Studios on these floors also have coach beds instead of Murphey?

We have a 2-bedroom lock-off booked and won't be using the bed in the living room so that doesn't affect us, but I'd want in Murphey bed in the Studio portion.

So is it only the Murphy beds in the living room that is missing or do the Studios on these floors also have coach beds instead of Murphey?

We have a 2-bedroom lock-off booked and won't be using the bed in the living room so that doesn't affect us, but I'd want in Murphey bed in the Studio portion.
Good question. There are only 2 lock offs on the 5th floor and they are the funny shaped ones and I have not seen anyone share video or photos of those. The 4th floor on the wing that’s the top floor only has 2. I believe it’s likely they still have pullouts.

Good question. There are only 2 lock offs on the 5th floor and they are the funny shaped ones and I have not seen anyone share video or photos of those. The 4th floor on the wing that’s the top floor only has 2. I believe it’s likely they still have pullouts.
Yes, the lock-offs have a the trundle bed below the TV on the studio side only, but the dedicateds do not have one on either side.

Yes, the lock-offs have a the trundle bed below the TV on the studio side only, but the dedicateds do not have one on either side.

Yes, I was aware of the trundle bed. I was more concerned that they did not have the Murphey beds in the studios on the 5th floor and part of the 4th floor since the Murphey beds are not in the living rooms of the 1 and 2-bedrooms in those areas.

I want to make sure I have a Murphey bed in the in the Studio portion of my 2-bedroom lock-off. I'm fine with the couch bed in the living room since we won't be using it.

We arrive to BR in 2 weeks, booked a 1BR, and I hate to belabor this point about the Murphy beds. Are we agreeing now that all top floor rooms have pull out couches vs the Murphy beds? ( I didn't think the celings in the long wing section would prevent the Murphy installation.) We have 3 adults and do not want a pull out couch.

I will call tomorrow. We have one night in a CC studio first, so I will also ask then, in person.

We arrive to BR in 2 weeks, booked a 1BR, and I hate to belabor this point about the Murphy beds. Are we agreeing now that all top floor rooms have pull out couches vs the Murphy beds? ( I didn't think the celings in the long wing section would prevent the Murphy installation.) We have 3 adults and do not want a pull out couch.

I will call tomorrow. We have one night in a CC studio first, so I will also ask then, in person.
Pretty sure they simply didn't install them into any of the rooms on the fifth floor regardless of whether or not they could.

Fh9vFXQXoAA9ico

There are definitely rooms on the top floors that could have accommodated the Murphy bed due to normal walls/ceiling but they still put in the pullout. Safe to assume all top floor rooms do not contain Murphy beds. Luckily for you (not me) those are majority 2 bedroom dedicated (what we have booked)

I am shocked that some of the 1 & 2-bedrooms still have pull-out couches. The Murphy beds are a huge selling point for us when choosing where to stay. I don’t like that you couldn’t be guaranteed that when booking at BRV. So disappointing!!

Other than that, the rooms look really nice & are a great improvement from there previous state 😄
I would just make sure to request one with a murphy bed.

I saw this pointed out on facebook - where's the corner living room chair???? Maybe can get by in the 1BR but with 8 or 9 in a 2BR? Even for 4 or 5 in a 1BR it should be there.
I wonder if it’s a back order? long lead time? If they were ordered but haven’t arrived? I’m really hoping there’s another chair coming. I noticed the bar stools are different than what was featured in the Disney Files magazine.

Can someone share photos or have we seen photos of the X528 or x519 series of rooms? The corner or “W” rooms? Interested to see that refurb!

The Murphy bed in the BRV 1BR replaced the sleeper sofa, there was not an additional bed added. I may be misunderstanding you, however even after the refurbishment there’s one king bed and one full/queen Murphy bed. Even if you get a 1BR on the 5th floor, you’ll have a new pullout sofa.
Anyone have any pics of the pullout sofa? Has anyone slept on one and are they definitely all new?

Last edited:
My issue is that if there are more than 2 people in the room, there really isn't any where for the additional people to sit. There are small stools, but those aren't going to be comfortable for long. Of course you can sit on the bed, but that is not ideal. Overall it is a nice change.
I feel the same. I cant book a studio for this reason. I need a chair to sit in, if the couch is pulled down and someone in bed. I cannot sit on the bed, it kills my back. I really wish they put at least a chair in the room.

Anyone know if the one bedrooms on the 5th floor got Murphy beds? Starting to think they didn't put them in the 2 bedrooms only??

Anyone know if the one bedrooms on the 5th floor got Murphy beds? Starting to think they didn't put them in the 2 bedrooms only??
I'm pretty certain the problem wasn't if it's a 2BR lockoff vs dedicated or if it was a 1BR. The roof on the 5th floor has certain areas which cause the ceiling to come down at an angle and make it not possible to install on certain rooms in the 5th floor. Instead of installing murphy beds on the 5th floor where they could they just used sofa beds for all of the 5th floor rooms based on what I've seen on here.

I am here now at Boulder in a 1 bedroom 4th floor on woods side. Love the room and this refurb. Minor issue of door sticking to bedroom. Shower leaked. Will report at some point. Other observation is the barstools are kinda high to the counter. And conversely the gold bench is low (table hits above my chest and I am 5’5”). But WL is fantastic as always. Love that Murphy. We had one night at Copper Creek and that pull out couch was such a PITA with 4 cushions to stack and a flat mattress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter