Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

Staying at BR for the first time in June (have done CC in the past). We have a 1BR booked for 3 adults and didn't realize that the Murphy bed's were not put in all of the rooms. The pullout is not really ideal for our 3rd adult. Is calling MS with my request my best chance of getting a Murphy bed? (I understand it is just a request) and if so, how far in advance should I call? and should I do online check-in before I call or after?
TIA
You can email or call MS at anytime once you've booked to place that request.

Planning a trip for 8 next year at Boulder Ridge. First time staying there. If I get a dedicated 2 BR then I get two queen beds, 1 queen murphy/sofa bed and I king bed. I am confused as to the size beds I would get in a 2 BR lock off. I know 1 king, 1 queen, and 1 kid twin pull down. But what about the other two beds?

Planning a trip for 8 next year at Boulder Ridge. First time staying there. If I get a dedicated 2 BR then I get two queen beds, 1 queen murphy/sofa bed and I king bed. I am confused as to the size beds I would get in a 2 BR lock off. I know 1 king, 1 queen, and 1 kid twin pull down. But what about the other two beds?
Two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom would be replaced with a studio that would have one queen, one murphy queen, and one flip down kid "twin".

Any confirmation that there are no Murphy beds on the 5th floor at all? Never stayed on that floor so not sure if all the ceilings are slanted.

I stayed in a 5th floor 2 bedroom without slanted roof in main room and did not get Murphy beds. The general opinion is that no 2 bedrooms on floor 5 get Murphy.
Thank you. Interesting... my totally unfounded theory is due to supply chain issues, they can't get Murphy beds and that is also why they stopped the refurb at the Beach Club villas. And I have absolutely no proof or confirmation of this, it's my own theory.

Really like the room layout. I didn’t like the table and chairs in the old pulldown bed situation. Felt like it took up too much room. Also, was surprised to see the design was a little bit different from the one bedroom.
My issue is that if there are more than 2 people in the room, there really isn't any where for the additional people to sit. There are small stools, but those aren't going to be comfortable for long. Of course you can sit on the bed, but that is not ideal. Overall it is a nice change.

Is it just the 5th floor that didn't get the murphy beds, or have there been any reports of rooms on other floors without them too? We're staying next month in a studio and definitely want to try and request a room with a murphy bed.

We are staying at BR for the first time this summer in a 2BR. I believe it is dedicated (didn't say lock-off when I booked it).

I see on the room maps that there are a few "m/w" shaped rooms at the turn in the building. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to these rooms? I'm thinking I will request a room with a murphy bed, but wasn't sure what the configuration of these odd rooms was like. Thanks for any info!

Anyone know if some of the rooms are out of the inventory when looking to book a room in November? I'm missing one day for my trip on Nov 2nd? How likely would a waitlist come in for this day?

Another murphy question here:

What about the 4th floor on the short wing? There is no floor 5 on the short wing, the top floor is floor 4.
From what I recall, those rooms were some of the first refurbed rooms released and did not have Murphy beds. My understanding is top floor (4th on one side, 5th on the other) do not have Murphy beds. I also haven’t seen any photos of those rooms in the atrium that have a weird shape. The couch used to sit on a half wall so it’s possible they may not have them either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter