Boulder Ridge Renovation?

I wonder if they postponed it.
I noticed yesterday October BRV studios were wide open whole month available.
They must have dumped a bunch of inventory back in

Looking to book the first part of Feb and the 2nd is already booked up along with most of January. I saw that some thought January might be blocked out due to renovations. Has anyone been able to confirm this? Also if this is your home resort how do you make a reservation 11 months out?

I really doubt they were planning on starting a refurb during the busiest time of year for DVC (and even more so at WL). Sure, refurbing bigger resorts like SSR, AKV and PVB takes many months and may have to begin during or extend somewhat into peak periods, but I don't think there's any way they are going to deliberately pull all inventory out from Halloween through Christmas and into Marathon weekend. I'd think they'd likely do it in two phases, one in February and March, and the other in August through early October.

My parents are going in late Nov/early December for the first time in 30+ years (they're fiiiiiinally using their remaining non-expiring tickets! :snail:) and I would LOVE for them to stay in the BRV building. National park nerds and all that! But...I can't pull the trigger on renting points for it when the rooms aren't quite up to snuff. I'm not an owner but I have to admit, I'm kinda emotionally invested in this refurb schedule now! It might come too late for our trip this year, but I hope for everyone else's sake that there's some communication soon.

So any idea what's happening then with January and early Feb? I have never tried to book then. Is it normal for it to be totally booked up?

So any idea what's happening then with January and early Feb? I have never tried to book then. Is it normal for it to be totally booked up?

Not normal...but this has happened a few times now with other months. Everytime, after a few weeks, everything pops back up as available.

Not normal at all. But I think they are trying to block out rooms for the long-delayed renovation.

Not normal at all. But I think they are trying to block out rooms for the long-delayed renovation.
Sleuthing through the availability calendar, it's VERY strange right now.

March - 100% booked
April - 95% booked
May - 100% booked
June - 95% booked
July - Lots of availability starting July 17
August - Lots of availability
September - Lots of availability
October - Fully open
November - 50% booked
December - 95% booked
January 2023 - 95% booked

This reads to me like the refurb is happening in two tranches, one in Spring 2022 through July 16, and the other in Winter 2022-23. If you want to stay at BRV this summer or fall, it's wide open for you.

Sleuthing through the availability calendar, it's VERY strange right now.

March - 100% booked
April - 95% booked
May - 100% booked
June - 95% booked
July - Lots of availability starting July 17
August - Lots of availability
September - Lots of availability
October - Fully open
November - 50% booked
December - 95% booked
January 2023 - 95% booked

This reads to me like the refurb is happening in two tranches, one in Spring 2022 through July 16, and the other in Winter 2022-23. If you want to stay at BRV this summer or fall, it's wide open for you.
Hmmmmmm. See my post above…. LOL

We are planning on staying at BRV in October, and I was really hoping for a renovated room. But I'm thinking that's not going to happen. Now have to decide if we look at another DVC at the 7 month mark and see if we can change. But I do love Wilderness Lodge.

We are planning on staying at BRV in October, and I was really hoping for a renovated room. But I'm thinking that's not going to happen. Now have to decide if we look at another DVC at the 7 month mark and see if we can change. But I do love Wilderness Lodge.
Agree, we were booked for BRV this Sept hoping to get a refurbed room, but when it looked like that was not going to happen I transferred out at the 7 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter