Boulder Ridge Renovation?

Just out of curiosity, where'd you transfer to?
Trying for BWV, I have 5 of 7 nights, but still waitlisted/stalking the other 2. Also booked same nights at GFV2, as a back up if we can't get the other two nights. Might do a split stay, first half at BWV and finish up at GFV2, but would prefer not to move mid trip.

So at what point do we have a legitimate “breach of contract” (or whatever the correct legal term would be) with DVC management - who are supposed to act in our best interest - for NOT refurbishing BRV and effectively sitting on capital reserves collected as part of our dues for that purpose?

So at what point do we have a legitimate “breach of contract” (or whatever the correct legal term would be) with DVC management - who are supposed to act in our best interest - for NOT refurbishing BRV and effectively sitting on capital reserves collected as part of our dues for that purpose?

I doubt there is anything set in there in terms of they have to do it at 14 years. Original refurb schedule was for every 24 years and was changed in 2016. Haven’t looked through it enough, but i doubt there’s much legal grounds for us as members.

We could vote to replace the management company. Or I guess not.

I think the only thing may be to hound them about it. :confused3

I don't imagine the Moonlight Magic event at Epcot had the management meet and greet that it used to? I'd finally do one of those to bring it up to them in person.

I doubt there is anything set in there in terms of they have to do it at 14 years. Original refurb schedule was for every 24 years and was changed in 2016. Haven’t looked through it enough, but i doubt there’s much legal grounds for us as members.
Yeah, I guess maybe I should dig through it. But it's their responsibility to maintain the property, and they clearly aren't doing that, ESPECIALLY in comparison to other resorts that are getting refurbishments more frequently than BRV. And it's not likely the did a great job with the last BRV refurb, either.

It makes me crazy because it is the only location they have done this to, isn't it? The years of delays I mean. My next stay at BR is in December, I really thought it would be done by then. But now, I do not. They would have released sketches and announced it by now if it was still 2022, wouldn't they?

It makes me crazy because it is the only location they have done this to, isn't it? The years of delays I mean. My next stay at BR is in December, I really thought it would be done by then. But now, I do not. They would have released sketches and announced it by now if it was still 2022, wouldn't they?
DHHIR is in the same boat for delayed refurb.
We love VWL and DHHIR, but both do need a refresh.
I keep watching to see if any sketches or any new info comes out for either resort.
Sad to see both great resorts keep getting delayed.

We booked a first ever stay at BRV for last December and hoped it’d be done by then. Not sure I want to go back until it’s done. The rooms were not good. This is unfortunate as we are newish BRV owners (love WL!). Thankfully we are also RR owners!

DHHIR is in the same boat for delayed refurb.
We love VWL and DHHIR, but both do need a refresh.
I keep watching to see if any sketches or any new info comes out for either resort.
Sad to see both great resorts keep getting delayed.
I figure HHI will start this fall. There are model rooms complete at this point. I figure they will begin after Labor Day since that is off-season. We will be there in October and are prepared to see construction.

Only at Boulder Ridge? There are weeks in there where BRV has absolutely nothing and every other resort is wide open.
Yes, Wilderness Lodge (both CCV and BRV) is a different animal in December - those resorts will book first.

Yes, Wilderness Lodge (both CCV and BRV) is a different animal in December - those resorts will book first.

January I'd believe. December is probably just hard booking.
Go look at the calendars. This isn't just "Christmas at the Lodge is really pretty." It's a full-on cliff of availability, and in lasts for the entirety of January, which is outside of the 7 month window.

Go look at the calendars. This isn't just "Christmas at the Lodge is really pretty." It's a full-on cliff of availability, and in lasts for the entirety of January, which is outside of the 7 month window.
You are right, but the January blockage is recent (like in the past week) and is likely the renovation. December has been unavailable for awhile.

the January blockage is recent
Nah, it's been blocked for at least three months. Quoting myself from March 1.

Sleuthing through the availability calendar, it's VERY strange right now.

March - 100% booked
April - 95% booked
May - 100% booked
June - 95% booked
July - Lots of availability starting July 17
August - Lots of availability
September - Lots of availability
October - Fully open
November - 50% booked
December - 95% booked
January 2023 - 95% booked

This reads to me like the refurb is happening in two tranches, one in Spring 2022 through July 16, and the other in Winter 2022-23. If you want to stay at BRV this summer or fall, it's wide open for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter