• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brightline to MCO - Completion?

From WDWNT: Brightline is currently working on plans to connect Tampa and Orlando by high-speed rail, with a stop planned at the Orange County Convention Center, across from Universal Orlando Resort’s upcoming Epic Universe park. Running along the I-4 corridor, the train was set to connect to Disney Springs and allow access to Walt Disney World.

There was another story in the newspaper about it today. Let me see if I can link. BRB

I couldn't link the actual page, but I made a PDF and attached it.
More confirmation the West Palm Beach-MCO line is slated to go operational Apr-Jun 2023.

I’m not familiar with this train system. Does it stop at each of its listed stations or does it mix in directs?

Given the loose opening window that was given, June falls within that window so there IS certainly a chance! I would a keep a close eye on the Brightline website and sign-up for email updates as suggested by a pp.. The Brightline station at MCO is already completed and is located in Terminal C, the new terminal. There have also been multiple reports in local media of test trains already being run along the Cocoa-Orlando track and at the MCO station, so I imagine the opening is not too far away :)

Orlando station nearly complete according to newspaper this week. Drove Cocoa to MCO on 528 yesterday and track construction continues east of 520 especially on St Johns river bridge. Track testing from MVP to 520 but not yet from 520 to cocoa and on north south leg several sections in Melbourne incomplete. I drive past on us1 routinely. Detours up at crossings under construction

I signed up for details on their website but getting more info here at the moment.

I’d prefer the train over driving but we will see what happens. We changed our flights to leave from Orlando to home so we gotta get from Miami to Orlando some how 😂

I’m hoping it’s open for our trip in June, if not we have a rental booked to make the drive.

If the tickets stay at $100/ticket, we would drive since there are 5 of us and the train wouldn’t make financial sense.
Gosh, $100 per person? Wonder if that's round trip or one way? That's going to be rather expensive for a family of four vs Uber or private taxi. I'd like to support the public transport and riding on a train to Universal or Disney would be a neat adventures way to start the vacation, but if its $800 for a family of four round trip.....

Gosh, $100 per person? Wonder if that's round trip or one way? That's going to be rather expensive for a family of four vs Uber or private taxi. I'd like to support the public transport and riding on a train to Universal or Disney would be a neat adventures way to start the vacation, but if its $800 for a family of four round trip.....
That $100 price is from South Florida to Orlando.

According to Rosen Shingle Creek's website, one-way fare between Orlando and Miami is expected to be $100. It is noted that discounts may be available.

It's not public transport. 😉 Brightline is privately owned.

Yeah, we won’t book Brightline if the tickets are $100 since for our family, that’s $500.

I’m hoping we can get discounted tickets if we book early enough. Pricing usually is cheaper for the early trains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter