Bringing lunch, not ok?

nesser1981

DIS Veteran
i was just on the budget board and they said you can’t pack lunches for Universal/IOA which had been my plan for there and Disney.

Anyone had issues bringing lunches in?

i was just on the budget board and they said you can’t pack lunches for Universal/IOA which had been my plan for there and Disney.

Anyone had issues bringing lunches in?

You can of course bring in food.

There’s a limit to the size you can bring in.......no hard sided coolers is one. And I believe none on wheels. But plenty of people do bring packed lunches.

There is a list of restrictions on the website.........will try and find it for you as the website isn’t as easy to navigate as it used to be.

A few years ago we asked security what the enforced policy on food is, as it is clearly different than the stated no picnic lunch policy on the website. He said you can bring in food/beverages until the evening, as long as the bag isn’t too large. I forget what time he gave as the cut off- five or six pm maybe. They don’t want the crowds coming in for Citywalk to bring in food. They have been known to severely restrict food/beverages on certain occassions, like grad nights. In the past guests have reported not being allowed to bring anything, not even water, in the evening on grad nights.

If my kids weren’t so picky, I would worry as much. We plan on getting snacks and stopping at Toothsome for dinner, but I just wanted to bring sandwiches.

You’re good with bringing in food
No glass bottles is enforced

Many rent a locker at the front of the park for storing food they bring in to eat later

You’re good with bringing in food
No glass bottles is enforced

Many rent a locker at the front of the park for storing food they bring in to eat later

We'll have a stroller with us. I'm not going to bring anything that won't fit under the stroller.

During Grad Nites and Horror Nights they enforce the no drinks/water bottle policy (too many people trying to sneak in alcohol)

Also don't know how picky the kid is but there is a Burger King, Moe's, Panda Express, and Cinnabon at City walk and Bread Box is basically a Panera

Off the top of my head I've brought in on different days:
Single serve hummus, pita bread, veggie sticks
Smallish chicken wrap, tangerine
Peanut butter sandwich, apple
Cheese, crackers, veggie sticks

I'll usually also bring a sàndwich baggie of nuts

I don't bring in beverages so can't speak for those.

You’re welcome........

I notice it says picnic lunches are prohibited, I don’t take that to mean an average family with sandwiches and snacks........I imagine they mean something much more elaborate.........:thumbsup2
Sounds like it is something they list so they can enforce it when they need to - like during concerts, grad nights etc...

We also bring in food and snacks. Our first trip we had the stroller and stored stuff under there. The second time I carried less in my backpack. Security didn't even blink an eye at my food (pbj sandwiches, crackers, twizzlers, juice boxes, water, etc). My youngest is a constant snacker and I have to always have stuff on hand.

We went three times last year and we packed lunches several time. I took sandwiches and crackers and cookies and water bottles with no problems. Just dont take a large cooler, a hard cooler, a rolling cooler or glass....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter