Bugs????

Lmd374

Earning My Ears
I recently stayed at Dvc beach club n had an awesome time. It was my first Dvc vacation. After being home less than a week 7 red welts resembling mosquito bites appeared on my torso n back. I thought Mosquitos at first but now am concerned they maybe bed bug bites. I'm having a company come n inspect my home and am concerned that I took an unwanted piece of my resort home with me. Anyone have similar experiences?

I recently stayed at Dvc beach club n had an awesome time. It was my first Dvc vacation. After being home less than a week 7 red welts resembling mosquito bites appeared on my torso n back. I thought Mosquitos at first but now am concerned they maybe bed bug bites. I'm having a company come n inspect my home and am concerned that I took an unwanted piece of my resort home with me. Anyone have similar experiences?

I think they would have showed up before a week from what I understand. And I also thought they mostly showed up on people's legs. But similar experiences? Not Disney or anywhere else.

I'd be surprised if bed bugs. They'd get you closer to your head/feet. They would be in the seams of the mattress and would get drawn out while you were sleeping to a close access point (hence feet or head/shoulders).

If you're torso/back it seems like something different. If torso and back I'd really assume something different, they likely wouldn't get you from two sides.

If you google bed bugs they don't look much like mosquito bites and PPs are correct that they typically hit your legs first. And my understanding is that you would notice them right away (little bites plus dots of blood on your sheets that morning - ick).

Were you the only one sleeping in your bed?

I would agree that they are probably mosquito bites, I've gotten a couple bites this trip. I'm currently at OKW. And I've also got a couple of nasty looking, itchy not mosquito bites on my leg. But the way I'm reacting to them, I think they are probably chigger bites...either from Animal Kingdom, or I may have gotten them just before I left home...as we had 10 inches of rain one day right before I left for WDW and that usually stirs up the chiggers.

Yeah, I think bbb are tiny red spots, not like a mosquito bite. But you have me freaked out about bb. :/ LOL

No see ums, maybe-- they're small, like gnats. I got bites a month ago that are finally fading. They blister and ooze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter