Bunk beds at Moderates?

Nathan's Grandma

Disney Dreams
We picked POR to stay at in July because of having the opportunity of having room for five.

Our niece and nephew are 16 & 17 and we figured our nephew could stay in the trundle bed. From what I have read that is not the case, he is over 6’ already.

What resorts have bunk beds? We have three families going this year and not everyone can afford to stay in a deluxe resort.

Thanks! Kathy

Unfortunately none of the moderate resorts have bunkbeds. I believe only WL and AKL have bunkbeds. POR is the only moderate that can sleep 5. You might think about getting 2 rooms at a moderate or the AllStars. I'm not sure if there will be any discounts in July but there have been some really good deals at the deluxe resorts in the past.

The FW cabins might be an alternative. They offer bunks and a double in the BR, and a sleeper sofa in teh LR. You also get a fully equiped kitchen, which will save a ton of money on breakfast and snacks...with two teens, probably enough to make up teh difference in price.

Anne

Can you borrow or buy an Aero bed from someone? This is what we did when we had to fit three kids in a room in New York City. Can you get connecting rooms and bunk in one of the kids with someone else?

Contemporary wing rooms sometimes have good rates, the rooms are much more spacious, has a full size studio bed and two queens, plenty of room.

Also I don't know how many rooms you can book with an annual pass, but buying one AP may give you a 40% discount and might be worthwhile if you can book two or three rooms on it.

Thanks for all your help! Never even thought of the bed. We have three of them we bought when my daughter got married two years ago.

I will use that idea first for my BIL and SIL for their children.

I am going to call for the cost of the cabins also.

My idea, of course, would be to but the AP so I could go more.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter